QFAI - The Santa Clara Farm in the Pinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QFAI - The Santa Clara Farm in the Pinger

FYI regarding what youse QFAI pinger users have been seeing the last couple of days.
    As the attached screenshot notes, this does not mean the Santa Clara farm is offline.
    This issue is a Pinging issue only.

Lycos went and changed the "Name-to-IP#" mapping for the Santa Clara farm a couple of days or so ago.
    For example, the DNS Name...
    cc-01.sc8.finance.lycos.com
    no longer points to the correct Santa Clara Continuum data server...
    It now points to a different machine that's not a Quote.com Continuum data server and this machine is not pingable.

QCharts folks indicate they should have a new set of Name-to-IP# mappings in place soon. When that's done, I will let you know what to do then to update QFAI and pick up the corrected stuff.

In the meantime, do NOT, repeat do not do a QFAI>Setup>Refresh IP Addresses. If you have done that in the last couple of days in an effort to clear all the ERRORS showing in the pinger for SClara, you will now have bogus IP#s in QFAI for SantaClara. If you have done this, or would just like to make sure you're OK, click THIS for further info on verifying you're OK and if not how to apply a patch for QFAI.

LAM
    Attached Files

Thanks for the post. I didn't know that program existed. Its nice to see some real response times for all the servers.

I saw your 11 CRT setup. And I just have to say WOW. Have you upgraded to LCD's yet and do you have any new pictures?

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by jmhuff-2
      I saw your 11 CRT setup. And I just have to say WOW. Have you upgraded to LCD's yet and do you have any new pictures?
      -Matt
      Hey Matt,

That's not my setup...I wish. It's Bill Bledsoe's.
      The www.qcsoftwarehelp.com site is thanks to the generosity of Bill.

LAM

Comment

The Server DNS names have now been resolved by eSignal and a small incompatability was noted using these names with the existing version of QFAI. This has been resolved and a new version of QFAI has been uploaded to Bill Bledsoe's site:

New QFAI Download

Just install it in the same folder you are currently using.

~Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

Just checking whether my version is the newest one for QFAI... does the application title bar say QFeed Application Selector V2007.10.09.2?

I downloaded it and ran it to install the new server list so I think it installed correctly; I am just concerned that the version number looks like an older version.

Thanks,
          T

Comment

Tom,

QFAI is comprised of several modules and the only one affected by this change was the module that looks up the server addresses so the main module was not affected. I keep track of things by changing the installed version comment as can be seen in the image below. The main thing is that you can now Refresh the IP Addresses without a failure happening.

~Bob
            Attached Files

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the clarification. Thanks especially for providing QFAI and the Splits updates! I am not sure we always appreciate the effort this must take.

Best Regards,
              Tom

Comment

Tom,

Thanks very much for the appreciation. What I do is nothing compared to the time and effort that Larry and others provide but it is very nice to know that our efforts are appreciated.

~Bob

Comment

Corpacts.unf ?????

I downloaded and installed the new QFAI mentioned further down. Not sure how this works but I found all of my splits hosed tonight. First I thought it was just one then I realized it was all of them.

I had also downloaded and installed QC 6.0.1.6 tonight. The splits do not reflect as adjusted in the 233 charts but I seem to remember reading something about that.

Anyway, long story short, I went upstairs and checked the wifes machine and splits display fine. Problem is on my machine.

QFAI on my machine had the box checked to use UNF for split file. Spent some time reading the QFAI help contents. Unchecked that option and deleted the corpacts.unf file in the QC5 directory. Problem resolved.

I did not make any config changes in QFAI today, simply downloaded, installed, accepted the server updates and went on. I may have missed something somewhere but I thought it might be good to write my experience here just in case it wasn't something I did.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Corpacts.unf

Removal of the corpacts.unf in the QC6 directory corrected the issues I was seeing with splits in QC6 also.

Jim

Comment

Re: Corpacts.unf

Originally posted by JimRutherford
                      Removal of the corpacts.unf in the QC6 directory corrected the issues I was seeing with splits in QC6 also.
                      Jim
                      Jim,

Did you see my reply to your Data Integrity thread posts?

fyi, the Daily Bars in the eSginal (QCharts 6.X) feed are split on the server. The CorpActs file is used to split intraday data.

LAM
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jim,

Larry is correct. I updated the QFAI Installer this morning and the installer has always contained an old CorpActs.UNF version which overwrote your "up-to-date" version. This has never been a problem before since the first thing every morning the program checks for a new CorpActs.UNF. Apparently, your QFAI had already been running and had checked for a new CorpActs.UNF before I updated the QFAI Installer so you never got the updated version. I have fixed the problem by uploading a new QFAI Installer which does not contain a CorpActs.UNF and hence will not overwrite your up-to-date version. That Install is indentified as Version 4.1b as per the following image.

Sorry for your trouble.

~Bob
                        Attached Files

Comment

Larry and Bob, Thank you to both of you, you're the best

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X