Server Farm Update, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Customer Service?

Why does customer service open at 9:00 a.m.? Has anyone at eSignal bothered to notice that markets trade around the clock?

IT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE THAT QCHARTS HAS BEEN UNAVAILABLE SINCE THURSDAY EVENING AND NO ONE IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER THE TELEPHONE, MUCH LESS ADDRESS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!
    Brian

Comment

Unresponsive

Not only is 5.1 unresponsive, it changed all my intraday charts to Daily and won't allow me to change them back!
      Jay, I'm sure you guys are doing what you can with the resources you have available, but does your management realize just how aggravated your customer base is? We don't want to have to learn another charting program, but we do want to trade and we can't seem to do it acceptably with what you are providing us.

Comment

Engineering is investigating the problems with connecting to the Continuum Servers affecting both QCharts 5 and 6 versions at this time.

Comment

This service is getting soooo bad. The server list shows 6 servers online, and I can't log in to any of them. And it's the open of the market.

This has happened several times within the last week.

I can't believe how bad this is getting.

I've been a subscriber of QCharts for years, but I can't take much more.

This is costing me too much money.

Comment

This problem seems to be impacting QLink as well. Both 1.0b2 and 2.0b1167 are pretty much dead on login attempts. Also, I have had a number of instances over the last week or so where the the login was successful but the software did not feed data. Just filled the array with errors.

Comment

In fact, both QCharts 6.0.2 and 5.1.0.21 are up and working but both QLink 1.0b2 and 2.0b1167 are able to login but are not feeding data. Jay, what is going on with you folks?

Comment

I can now login and get prices in quote sheets, but I get no candles in any charting timeframe or workspace.

Suggestions? This is pretty pitiful.

Comment

Could you indicate which continuum server you are connected to?

Seems as though the issue affecting charts from displaying is affecting 5.x versions.

Comment

cc16 and cc14 yield no candles. cc07 looks ok.

this is QC5, of course.

Comment

FWIW, I'm on 5.1.0.21 and have charts and quote sheet data. I'm on HWD 1 over here in NC.

Comment

I can pretty much look at one symbol - the one I had at the open. Attempts to change symbol and "QCharts has encountered a problem...."

Perhaps the Application Error info will help you solve the mystery.

Error Report sent.

FYI: Server with this Error is cc-01.hwd.

Carol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Engineering is looking into the issues affecting QCharts 5.x versions and charts at the present time.

Looks like they had cc-14 working presently (from earlier reports) and I just reported cc-16.

Comment

Regarding Qlink:

Currently I'm connecting and getting data via Qlink 2.0 (1258).

Dave, I do not see that you have a connection to the Data Manager program, which feeds data into 2.x versions of Qlink.

Could you retype your login on the DM via File and Properties and relaunch the data manager. You can do so via an eSignal folder or QCharts folder in programs.

Comment

Sorry, I shut everything down for the day. When things get off to a start like they did today I take it as a sign that the trading gods were telling me to take a break. I just tried logging on and only QC6 was working. QC5 would load the work space but would not feed data. QL1 & QL2 would login but would not feed any data. I'll be trying again over the weekend. If there is any particular server information, etc. that you would like me to pass on I will. Just let me know what to send.

Comment

Jay, can we come back to the original question that Carol posed here? While you seem to be making progress on QC 6, it is not yet ready for prime time and QC 5 is suffering.

Below is your last response to this issue. Is anyone monitoring the servers for capacity issues? And what is being done to address the poor performance that QC5 is exhibiting? Chart draws when changing symbols is extremely slow during market hours and has been ever since the last server farm change.

Thanks

Jim

"I'm not aware of any load issues on these machines in recent days that would cause these delays, but I'll have some of the network team dig deeper on this.

Generally speaking all the Continuum infrastructure that was scheduled to be moved over has already been moved over. If we are seeing capacity issues, we'll see what can be done to alleviate it."

Comment

Working...
                                X