No announcement yet.

was qcharts offline this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid we may not be able to restore that data from 7/22 due to the power outage suffered in Hayward. We're in the process of taking addt'l precautions so this doesn't happen again.
    Scott, there are quite a few symbols for which this problem exists. Bad data screws up studies, which makes charts unreliable, which makes trading dangerous. Are you saying we're stuck with this?

Comment

I'm afraid we may be although we continue to work on ways to backfill that data. If you have some specific symbols you'd like us to look at, please post them here.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Here's a list of symbols that have zero as the low spike for the day (7/22/08) on ALL my intraday charts: GHM, AAPL, MA, BIDU, CLF, CME, OIH, DO, FCX, ICE, NMX, NUE, POT, X, AGU, MON, and probably a lot more, but I'm tired and calling it a night. It takes about 4 times as long to get thru the charts because every interaday must be manually adjusted just to see what's there.

Thanks for your help in correcting the data.

Carol
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Carol. We'll do the best we can.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott -

For what it's worth, these spikes were NOT on my charts on Friday, 8/1/08. So, maybe you can just restore to that time frame? What ever happened to "add" these spikes over the w/e, maybe that's what needs to be taken out.

fyi,
            Carol

Comment

While the autowaves are certainly screwed up, do the other indicators also get screwed up (Stoch RSI, MACD, etc.)? Doesn't seem to me.

Comment

The directional indicator/ADX certainly does.
                Last edited by mlp; 08-04-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hamrinbb
                  While the autowaves are certainly screwed up, do the other indicators also get screwed up (Stoch RSI, MACD, etc.)? Doesn't seem to me.

Take some screen shots for yourself of the current "look" of the charts. Then, when (if) QC corrects the charts, you'll easily see the difference a spike to zero makes wrt Indicators.

Here's an example that should be very obvious. Not only would the ADX NOT have crossed on that candle, it certainly would NOT have moved to the extreme measure it did.

Hope this helps.
                  Carol
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ckelly; 08-04-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

The data restore for 7/22 is still being worked on by our Engineering group. Preliminary testing of the next attempt to rebulid/correct the data looks positive and will continue through this week.

Comment

Scott,
                      A few more symbols with crazy spikes:

MICC, SPG, BEN, GS, NOV, PCP, MLM, FLSR, SPWR, GENZ, ATW, HES

Is there something that is common to the ones with the spikes that is not common to the others? Seems odd.

Thanks for the help.
                      -Rich

Comment

Originally posted by hamrinbb
                        Another way to get a good picture of the extreme impact on the Indicators - compare a Daily chart to a 390-minute chart and you'll see for that candle the Indicators are opposite what they should be and to the extreme as well.

fyi,
                        Carol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Scott, thank you for pursuing a correction to the 7/22 data issues. Please add the following symbols to the list that Carol and Rich have submitted.

BVN, CME, CKP, CMI, CNX, CRS, FDX, FLIR, FTI, GHM, ICE, ICLR, ISRG, JRCC, MEE, MUR, NDX, NEM, NOV, PCX, RTP, SID, SNP, TNH, UPS, V, WFT

Jim

Comment

The good news here is that we're attacking the entire database. If the reconstruction works, all symbols should be OK and the spikes removed. It failed to rebuild last week but today's results looked promising. Keep an eye out for them to disappear as early as tomorrow...

Todd or I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Comment

Engineering should be pushing out a release tomorrow night on about 5 continuum servers to try to restore/correct the data for 7/22.

I'll update this post with the servers when they're announced.

If the release goes well, the rest of the servers would receive the it over the weekend.
                              Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 08-05-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

CC-05-HWD, CC-07-HWD, CC-08-HWD are among those that I believe had the restore run for 7/22. If I find out more were restored that are accessible, I'll report them here.

Symbol AAPL does display a gap corresponding to our outage and I've reported that to engineering.
                                Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 08-07-2008, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X