Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Symbol for e-mini Russell 2000 Dec contract???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Eric. Unfortunately, it is a bit too much for me. I can install and uninstall programmes, and do the necessary maintenance such as disk cleaning and defragmentation, but that is quite overwhelming.

But I do wish to ask something if I may. In the current machine with Vista Home Premium, even if I am not doing anything, there are still 63 processes running in Task Manager. I am in the process of finding out which are necessary which are not, and wish to stop the unnecessary ones. But how may I do so? If I simply click the right button and select "End Process", it will only stop that process this time. When I restart the machine, that process will be running again, I suspect. Any thought???
    Last edited by yuio789; 09-24-2008, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuio789
      Thanks Eric. Unfortunately, it is a bit too much for me. I can install and uninstall programmes, and do the necessary maintenance such as disk cleaning and defragmentation, but that is quite overwhelming.
      I understand. It is not a simple task.

But I do wish to ask something if I may. In the current machine with Vista Home Premium, even if I am not doing anything, there are still 63 processes running in Task Manager. I am in the process of finding out which are necessary which are not, and wish to stop the unnecessary ones. But how may I do so? If I simply click the right button and select "End Process", it will only stop that process this time. When I restart the machine, that process will be running again, I suspect. Any thought???
      It can get a little involved to find the start up keys for programs. I t would require editing the registry and, from your comments, above, I think you might be reluctant to modify the registry.

However, I did a search on "Windows Vista performance Tuning" and turned up this guide from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...en&tm#filelist

I am afraid we've wandered pretty far off the topic of Qcharts. You might look at some of the other results from a search on 'Windows Vista Performance Tuning'
      Eric Boehm

Comment

Working...
      X