6.0.3.1550 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks, Bob-Jim-Bill, for your comments.

Tonight, I am getting proper fills in my Quote Sheet. So, since the computer is the same and the ISP is the same, I tend to agree with Jim that I got the lucky server yesterday with the missing of some symbols, especially since both 5.1 & 6.0 had at least one symbol in common that would not paint.

Bill, yes, I know there were some duplications in the Quote Sheet. I wasn't wanting to beat a dead horse. Since symbols bleeding/duplicating/replacing others in the Quote Sheets has been reported before, that's why I didn't mention it in the post. But/and, I did want to use the exact same Quote Sheet for comparison between 6.0 & 5.1.

Thanks,
      Carol

Comment

Fyi, at least one Server has lost the extended historical intraday data.

A log-out/in and finding a different server has corrected the problem for me. This an fyi for others.

Carol
        Attached Files

Comment

Entitled; Dom Tick; Intl Tick; Hist all Green.

Suddenly, Intraday candles are gone.

See Servers.
          ck
          Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone else seen this: occasionally when you try to delete an entry in a quote sheet... the entire column (for me its always the Symbol column) gets deleted instead of the row? Not that big of a deal, but sure is annoying after a while.

lugz

Comment

Originally posted by lugnutz
              Has anyone else seen this: occasionally when you try to delete an entry in a quote sheet... the entire column (for me its always the Symbol column) gets deleted instead of the row? Not that big of a deal, but sure is annoying after a while.

lugz
              Yep... It's not specific to 1550 though. For me it seems to happen depending on how/where I clicked within the quote sheet. Not sure I can define it any better than that, but if I use the cursors to move around, vertically vs. horizontally, it will change the way delete works...

Comment

Originally posted by lugnutz

lugz
                Yes, I have experienced this as far back as ver 5.x, it's one of the things that causes me to save my workspace frequently.

Jim

Comment

I get bit by this occasionally, too. The only cure is to click on the row you want to delete before you delete it even though it looks like it has focus. If you forget and delete the column (usually the symbol column), you can right click in the column title area and insert a new one.

It's a little bit of a pain but not nearly as bad as deleting a line that is close to another line! Sometimes, it jumps over the line I want to delete and deletes one I want to keep! I'm sure that the algorithm for determining the line is pretty involved since a line could be in any orientation, but it still annoys me!
                  When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
                  -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by grunewaj
                    ...deleting a line that is close to another line! Sometimes, it jumps over the line I want to delete and deletes one I want to keep!...
                    Jim,

This has been a huge problem for me as well. I have gotten into the habit of saving my workspace before I try and delete a line (if the lines are close together) so that I can close and restart QC if the wrong one gets deleted! Very frustrating. I would love it if eSignal would implement a better way to handle lines and text in charts, perhaps using some of the concepts available in the QCWTool written by Jon Nall.

I just think there must be a better way to manage lines and text on a chart panel besides using the mouse and hoping the right object gets selected. Even if just changing the line color when selected so that we could be sure of what was about to happen. I know there are the little squares that indicate a line is selected, but they are often off-screen or not easy to spot.

Thanks Jim for bringing this up. It is not so much a bug as an enhancement that is desperately needed.

All the best,
                    Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

If when you go to delete a line, you right click and choose preferences, it at least tells you what color line you've chosen. Usually, that's enough for me to know that I've chosen the right line. The problem is that I don't always remember to do that and I am SURE I must have the right line - and then I don't and the wrong line gets deleted

It's a discipline thing!
                      When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
                      -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

This has gotten to be a daily occurance - multiplle times daily.

Bill, please add this to the Bug List.

Thanks,
                        Carol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X