Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qcharts plugin

hey guys and girls
    I made a web plugin to use with in qcharts so as you go through your workspace you can quickly get information on a stock.

It has the company name, sector, industry, next earnings, days until earnings, current news for the company, market news and a historic chart overlay of the company so you can see seasonally what the price action does.

Anyways its free so anyone can use it if you want any suggestion let me know.

I'm gonna ad a few more things in there, but I made it so I didn't have to go to other sites to look at data. I want to have it all within my workspace.
    directions are here
    qchartsplugins.com

tony

Nice job

Tony
    Thanks for sharing your work with the plug in. Will be interested to see how it evolves. I am using it regularly. One thing I could offer as a suggestion -. If you are on the Overlay screen and then change stocks, it would be nice for the newly chosen stock to paint in overlay window instead of going back to the start screen. Not sure if that is possible but just my 2 cents.
    Thanks again for sharing.

jwh

Comment

yea I agree, I have been meaning to put that in there also, don't like having to click back to the overlay.

I work nights this week so if it is slow I will get it in there.

thanks for the input.

Comment

One more suggestion

Tony
        I was talking with another person using your plugin and he had a good suggestion. Maybe the time window on the overlay could go from the previous earnings date to the next earnings date. Looks like is doing a 2 month window now. Hope this helps.

jwh

Comment

I updated it so it will stay on which ever tool that was last selected. I also put another tab that has all the previous earnings info "E" and on the main screen if the company beat/missed earnings, actual - estimate value.

I will add it so you can select how many months. Its to complicated to do it starting by an earnings date. This ones a little tricker will prob get it working sometime this week.

tony

Comment

Outstanding

Tony
            Wow! Very nice. I owe you a beer. If you are ever in Asheville, look me up, this is the newly crowned "Beer Capital of the US". I like this tool alot. I just did a quick run though of my basket and it working nicely. That earnings tab is useful too.
            Too bad about the earnings parameters for the overlay. Would have been nice. Here is something to ponder. Can you plot the earnings dates on the respective lines as static markers? Sort of like the dot you draw on the line chart when the cursor touches. Perhaps do them as another color dot? Would be nice to see the impact of earnings on the line charts. Regardless of this possibility it is an excellent plug-in. Well done. Now I have to rearrange my workspace to keep the browser window visible. That is a nice problem to have. :>)

jwh

Comment

QChart Plugin

Great plugin! Give a shout if your near shout if your ever near Mount Airy and I'll buy you a beer too.

Thanks,
              Charlie

Comment

Thanks fellas. I live in Raleigh, NC area might have to take you guys up on that offer.

I have some other ideas to put in there, not trying to script the market. anymore.... but I do want to have alot of the research stuff I routinely do in one place to same some time.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Comment

BTW don't rearrange your workspace just add another monitor!

Comment

Tony,

WOW!! This plugin is fantastic!!! Thanks for all your efforts to pull it together and major thanks for sharing with all the rest of us!

If you're ever in GSO, I'll buy you lunch and a beer as well.

Carol

Comment

This plugin stopped working for me a couple of days ago. Is anyone else having the same problem, or is it working for the rest of you out there?

Thanx!

Comment

PLugin

Carbuff, check the instructions again at http://qchartsplugins.com/ as I think there is a slight change in the web browser address.

Comment

Hey Tony,

Nice little app! One suggestion (or two) though - since you get earnings date info from briefing, it would be very nice to denote whether briefing has confirmed the earnings date or not, and whether earnings are to be released before, during or after market close.

Thanks for your work!
                          lugz

Comment

Tony
                            I want to second the request from Lugz. Those are great ideas. I also want to suggest an improvement. All folks following the tirebuilder way are interested in splits history as well as future splits. It would be nice to chart on the existing chart tab the previous splits. It would also be nice to see the date of future announced splits - perhaps couple that on the screen with earnings but not matter where it would be useful.

I did notice on your website the "Donate Now" button and am doing so. I encourage everyone who is using this plugin to do the same.

Thanks for sharing this tool with us and updating it. It is extremely helpful.

jwh

Comment

Tony-
                              I'm on board with jhill65, and am also following the tirebuilder way. I like his suggestions and am also putting in a donation for your trouble and hoping you will keep this going. Thanks for all you have done.

Best regards, Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X