Qcharts plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gracias

Thanks guys for the donations. I really do appreciate it. All good suggestions for features and I plan one day to get some of them in there. Just focusing my trading now. Depending on what the market does if it doesn't pop in Jan we may start to see the splits coming back. It would be nice to a have a history as well as a current list with split dates.

Comment

Tony,
      I certainly understand the need to focus on your trading. When/if you get the time to make some improvements, one additional item you might consider is the ability to chart indexes. Seeing the movement of an index over the past several years would be very useful in addition to the other research we all do.

Best of luck with your trading

jwh

Comment

Agreed. I have been meaning to go through and put indices in there as well. Just haven't gotten to it. You can do the dow,nas,and s&p if you click the overlay on a stock first and then select one.

I you have a list comparing the yahoo ticker to the qcharts ticker I will add them in there. As long as I can pull the history from yahoo shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Tony
          Thanks for asking. Here is the list of indexes I use. I translated the Qcharts symbol to the Yahoo symbol. As you can see the only difference between Qcharts symbols and Yahoo symbols is the "$" vs "^" leading character.

$BTK ^BTK
          $BIX ^BIX
          $CRX ^CRX
          $CYC ^CYC
          $DJUSHB ^DJUSHB
          $DJUSHC ^DJUSHC
          $DJUSCL ^DJUSCL
          $DRG ^DRG
          $INX ^INX
          $OIX ^OIX
          $OXS ^OXS
          $REIT ^REIT
          $RLX ^RLX
          $SOLRX ^SOLRX
          $SOX ^SOX
          $TXX ^TXX
          $XAU ^XAU
          $XBD ^XBD
          $XCI ^XCI
          $XNG ^XNG
          $DJUSCA ^DJUSCA
          $DJUSRR ^DJUSRR
          $DJUSTL ^DJUSTL
          $DJUSST ^DJUSST
          $DJUSUT ^DJUSUT

Thanks again.
          jwh

Comment

$BTK ^BTK
            $BIX ^BIX
            $CRX ^CRX X
            $CYC ^CYC
            $DJUSHB ^DJUSHB X
            $DJUSHC ^DJUSHC x
            $DJUSCL ^DJUSCL x
            $DRG ^DRG
            $INX ^INX
            $OIX ^OIX
            $OXS ^OXS X
            $REIT ^REIT X
            $RLX ^RLX
            $SOLRX ^SOLRX X
            $SOX ^SOX OLD DATA ONLY FOR 2007
            $TXX ^TXX
            $XAU ^XAU
            $XBD ^XBD
            $XCI ^XCI
            $XNG ^XNG
            $DJUSCA ^DJUSCA X
            $DJUSRR ^DJUSRR X
            $DJUSTL ^DJUSTL X
            $DJUSST ^DJUSST X
            $DJUSUT ^DJUSUT X

So I updated the database to pull from those symbols. I ran through the list. The ones w/ a X yahoo has the ticker but there is not history and it looks like they stopped carrying the sox. All the other ones are working.

Comment

Tony-
              Thanks for adding that feature. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but am not able to access the sectors history. I shut down QCharts and restarted, then deleted your plugin and readded it but no luck. Any ideas?

Ken

Comment

You need to first click on a stock symbol first say GS and click overlay and then go to your indices. See if that works.

Comment

Tony-
                  It worked great, thank you very much and thanks again for the plugin, it is incredibly useful!!

Comment

Index Symnbol Updates.

Tony,
                    Indexes are working fine. Too bad about Yahoo not tracking history on those you identified. Those would have been very helpful. I use this plugin daily.

Thanks again.

jwh

Comment

registration

hey guys/gals,

I am adding user specific settings to some of the tools and a new tool that will let you save settings. You need to register a user name so I have somewhere to save the settings. Please take a minute to register. I will be moving everything over to the registered tool in a couple of days.Register

thanks,
                      tony

Comment

earnings

I added an earnings tool for those of you who do earnings research. You might find it useful. It is the "S" symbol in the plugin.

Regards.

Comment

tony -
                          this looks very awesome!! Can you share a bit more detail on the use of the "tolerance" and "rating" fields? Most appreciated.

Comment

Check out the help section you can launch it from the scanner. Let me know if that answers your questions. Rating is subjective if you find a good move save it and rate it and put what month the move is in and once you go through some and find good patterns you can build a play book.
                            Last edited by tony79; 02-28-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

There is now a tool that allows you to store and view information by month. I use it to show me a list of upcoming events for a month.

I have integrated this into the tool so everyone can use it as well. Its accessed via the "R" from the Main Tool.

This tool will ONLY display your entries. I had thought of adding an option to make your events public or private but didn't add that feature. Currently all entries are private. If there is a enough requests to make dates public I will work on that feature.

Hope you enjoy it,
                              Matt

Comment

I added a month transition tool to the plugin per request. It is the "6".

Regards,
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X