same problem as before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same problem as before

The entitled and password are red. The esignal data manager says unable to listen

For some reason this may have to do with Computer Associates virus protection software. If i reboot and do not start qcharts untill after the CA product is done updating QC appears to work ok. Is there a work around you guys can build in???

I have the latest build

Please fix
    Last edited by rjaenisch; 11-22-2009, 10:22 AM.

the not entitled issue

It appears to be system wide. Others call it not entitled. This is a feature that we did not have with 5.1 only the 6.- series. This happens to me on a regular basis. Since the problem appears to be at the signal manager level perhaps this unwanted feature could be removed. Cold booting my machine several times is not a soloution.

The fact that I was finally able to start the software after the CA software was done could have been a coincidence.

Please fix it guys.

Ron

Comment

the not entitled issue

It appears to be system wide. Others call it not entitled. This is a feature that we did not have with 5.1 only the 6.- series. This happens to me on a regular basis. Since the problem appears to be at the signal manager level perhaps this unwanted feature could be removed. Cold booting my machine several times is not a soloution.

The fact that I was finally able to start the software after the CA software was done could have been a coincidence.

Please fix it guys.

Ron

Comment

HI Ron
        Please verify what version of QCharts you are on.

Please click Help then About and let me know all the version numbers, such as 6.1.0.1719 or 6.0.3.1613 or whatever your installation says.
        Thanks,

Comment

which version

Comment

Ron,
            Thanks for verifying that.
            If you do this procedure, do you get to green entitled?

1- Run QCharts and let it go to Entitled red.
            2- Click the Data Manger (DM) button on your toolbar.
            3- Click the grey square in the center of the DM to clear it.
            4- In the DM, click "File" then "Properties"
            5- In the upper RH corner of the "Connectivity" dialog box, change the radio button from top to bottom (Enterprise Server IP Address) and leave the box beside of the bottom radio button blank.
            6- Click "OK" and the Connectivity box will close and the DM will go red and put up a message about "Invalid username and password" etc. and the DM will show "NODATA" and "NONE"
            7 - Click "OK" to clear that message box.
            8- Now click "File" and "Properties" again.
            9- Change the radio button back to the top - do not make any other changes to the Connectivity box. Click OK to close the Connectivity box.
            10 - The DM should go back to "OK" and QCharts will be "Entitled" in a few seconds.

Comment

I have been having the same problem getting entitled, more so yesterday and today. I can not currently connect to Qcharts.

Will try your suggestion Bill.

Thank you.

Comment

Tearren,
                Are you on 6.1.0.1757? That specific version?
                If not, please upgrade and then let us know if you continue to have connectivity issues.

Comment

I have been having the same problem getting entitled, more so yesterday and today. I can not currently connect to Qcharts.

Will try your suggestion Bill.

Thank you.
                  Just worked for me.

While I am happy to have a short term fix, this should not be a long term solution. The problem of entitled has been going on for a while now. I am sure many users are not familiar with a forum or how to find a 'fix' such as this.

Comment

Hi,
                    This is exactly why I have been preaching "PLEASE UPGRADE to 6.1.0.1757"... THAT is the longterm fix. It is also in the System Status window, that little window that comes up every time you log into QCharts, just below your username and password.
                    But....you do actually need to stop and read it.

The Data Manager servers are undergoing some necessary software updates, and those updates necessitate that QCharts users upgrade to the 1757 build so they can connect.

If you're on an earlier buid than 1757 - you need to upgrade to 1757. It really is just that simple.
                    You can download 1757 here:

Comment

Originally posted by billbled
                      Hi,
                      This is exactly why I have been preaching "PLEASE UPGRADE to 6.1.0.1757"... THAT is the longterm fix. It is also in the System Status window, that little window that comes up every time you log into QCharts, just below your username and password.
                      But....you do actually need to stop and read it.

The Data Manager servers are undergoing some necessary software updates, and those updates necessitate that QCharts users upgrade to the 1757 build so they can connect.

If you're on an earlier buid than 1757 - you need to upgrade to 1757. It really is just that simple.
                      You can download 1757 here:
                      http://www.qcharts.com/download/default.asp
                      Bill, my comment about the solution really wasn't directed at you so much as Qcharts staff in general. You have been very helpful to the community and to me as well, I really appreciate all your help.

The system status window was posted on 11/19. I go several days without closing Qcharts (this was my solution), infact Sunday was porb the first time since before last Thurs that I rebooted. Ok, so I missed one announcement, still, the problem persited for quite some time.

Comment

Same problem as before

Guys a few days ago i upgraded to the latest version. Then the problem occured yesterday. Please do not think the new version solves the problem.

Comment

Re: Same problem as before

Originally posted by rjaenisch
                          Guys a few days ago i upgraded to the latest version. Then the problem occured yesterday. Please do not think the new version solves the problem.
                          So, are we working on a fix for the fix? :-)

Comment

Re: Same problem as before

Originally posted by rjaenisch
                            I'll second this just so that the powers-that-be know... I, too, saw the Entitled problem last week with 1757. I don't remember which day it was, but the problem went away after I rebooted.

In my case, I'm just about certain it was a day in which I logged onto QCharts from a second computer at some point during the day, then came back to the primary computer and had the issue.

I did see this once with the previous version and updated to 1757 right after if became available. This was the first time I recall seeing the problem with 1757, but it definitely was on that version...

Comment

The issue that happens with the upgraded servers and older versions of QCharts (prior to 1757) is that when the Qcharts program is launched, the Data Manager (on the client desktop) actually connects and shows OK OK for Reception and Password.

The Data Manager (itself) should be able to receive data if you bring up the "symbol monitor." On the Data Manager click file and select symbol monitor. Enter a symbol and click "ToReceiver" to pull up data.

What happens with older versions of QCharts is that although the Data Manager program connects, the QCharts program does not get Entitled. However if the Data Manager is basically restarted while QCharts is still open, then QCharts is able to connect (hence the toggle trick Bill mentioned).

rjaenisch - if the esignal data manager says unable to listen, that's a different issue and the DM probably isn't connecting at that time. This sounds like it may coincide with the CA updates you noted earlier. The Data Manager is what feeds the actively updating data into QCharts, eSignal etc. and it is necessary.

If there are any firewalls, both the QCharts.exe and the winros.exe (the Data Manager) must be allowed.

Note: the Data Manager can be launched independently of QCharts if you go to Start, Programs, go to QCharts and select the Data Manager.

If the DM doesn't connect (should see a green monitor icon on your system tray if it connects, red if it doesn't) then there may be a firewall or software conflict issue. Here is the
                              Software Conflict KB article, where references to GET.exe or winsig.exe can be replaced with qcharts.exe.
                              Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 11-23-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X