No announcement yet.

Splits marker is not displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am having problems with the splits marker not showing up. The prices are showing up correctly but there is no marker on any of the charts/time frames.

I have updated to version 6.2.0.1896 and I have also followed the instructions in this post for getting new CorpActs.INF file
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/sho...3661#post133661

I neither of these helped.

Geoff

Comment

Hey Geoff,

Do you have a specific Symbol as an example where you're seeing the data split OK, yet no split note in the chart?

In your QCharts folder, does the CorpActs.INF upon inspection with Notepad look like a real CorpActs?
      The bottom of my INF has these statement....

OT:GEEVF,10/1
      TC:HGD-TC,4/1
      OT:HZRZF,4/1
      BB:IDCX,28409/100

fwiw, here's another procedure to force a download of either a CorpActs or MktHours file
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The following assumes if Vista/Win7, the "compatibility" settings have been done.
      http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4566&p=25 (Win7)
      http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=3742&p=25 (Vista)

Very short procedure description. Assumes QCharts and Data Manager are not running.
      1. Delete MktHours.TAB and/or CorpActs.TAB from SigText subdirectory.
      2. Start winros.exe (DM) in QCharts main directory first.
      3. Count to 10 and then Start QCharts

Longer procedure description...
      Let's assume you're running QCharts, and for whatever reason decide to force a download of a new TAB.
      1. Help>View Program Directory to open Explorer positioned at QCharts.
      (Explorer Views is Details so can see FileNames and FileTypes)
      2. Exit QCharts making sure the Data Manager (winros.exe) also shuts down, the DM icon in SystemTray disappears.
      3. Open in Explorer the SigText sub-folder and delete the CorpActs.TAB and/or MktHours.TAB file.
      4. Go back to the main QCharts directory (where QCharts.exe lives) and click the DM (winros.exe) to start it "first", before QCharts. Count to 10 then check in SigText to see if the TAB has been downloaded by DM. If a new TAB isn't in SigText, i.e. didn't show up after starting DM winros.exe then ...Houston, we have a problem that needs to be figured out.
      5. Click QCharts.exe to start it. The TAB will be copied to main folder with FileType changed to INF. You should now be good to go.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAM
      Attached Files

Comment

My INF file looks like yours. Here is the bottom

OT:ATASY,95/100
        BB:CMSI,1/10
        BOM:COMFINTE-BOM,74/125
        NYSE:CX,96/100
        NASD:ETFC,10/1
        LSIN:GRTB-LSIN,4/5
        NASD:IDSA,2/3
        NASD:LUFK,1/2
        NYSE:NRGP,1/3
        BB:TOYZ,1/2
        OT:GEEVF,10/1
        TC:HGD-TC,4/1
        OT:HZRZF,4/1
        BB:IDCX,28409/100

As for a specific symbol we can use LUFK which as you can see is in my INF file. IN reality though we could use any symbol that has ever split

Comment

Here is a screen shot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Geoff,

And you're also saying that with Intraday data, the data is indeed price adjusted OK, yet with no split note in chart...Yes?
            See screenshot of 10min chart positioned at split date.

Please send me your workspace, or if you would rather how 'bout creating a small wksp with just a bare bones Daily and an Intraday chart. Any workspace that manifests the issue on your system.

Also some history may be helpful. Like were splits OK until recently, and approximately when did your issue first manifest. Ya know, what led up to the current situation. Are you XP, Vista, or Win7. Any other details that may come to mind that might be relevant.

And of course, there's always the option to call Support, and they can Webex into your system and poke around.

Thanks,

LAM
            [email protected]
            Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
              Just another bit of data for you . . .most of my split markers show up on the Daily & Intraday charts. However, in recent splits, NETL & SHOO have a split marker ONLY on the Weekly chart and CNQ has no marker on any chart.

I'm running WinXP-Pro.
              FYI,
              Carol

Comment

I am also seeing what Carol is seeing:

NETL & SHOO have a split marker ONLY on the Weekly chart and CNQ has no marker on any chart

Also, MBT Shows only on the Weekly chart.

Data on all the above symbols appears ok.

jwh

Comment

Thanks, JWH, I had missed the MBT split.

Like you, I see the split marker only on my Weekly chart for MBT.

fyi,
                  Carol

Comment

Larry
                    Thanks for your help. I sent you a workspace. I'm running XP Pro. I can't be sure when this first started happeing but it was sometime this year.

I may end up calling support and see if they can help.

Geoff

Comment

JWH,

As Larry et all have said many times before, because of the strange way eSignal splits are shown (the day before the actual split). Splits occuring on Monday and hence shown as Sunday get lost.

Comment

Splits

Hi all,

I'll chime in and say that I've been having the same problem with the splits marker not showing up at all, or it shows up on the Weekly, not the Daily, or vice versa. CNQ shows no split marker at all on any time frame. I, too, run XP Pro, so don't know if that a commonality. It is frustrating. Sometimes, they just mysteriously show up, but most of the time, they're not there or they show up randomly on different time frames.

Karen
                        Karen McMahan

Comment

Splits

Hi all,

I'll chime in and say that I've been having the same problem with the splits marker not showing up at all, or it shows up on the Weekly, not the Daily, or vice versa. CNQ shows no split marker at all on any time frame. I, too, run XP Pro, so don't know if that a commonality. It is frustrating. Sometimes, they just mysteriously show up, but most of the time, they're not there or they show up randomly on different time frames.

Karen
                          Karen McMahan

Comment

Bob Scott,
                            Thanks for pointing out that the split date shown by QCharts (and eSignal) is not the "ex date" but the "payable date". Somehow I had missed that.

Jay, is that something that can be fixed? For charting and trading purposes, the "ex date" is of much greater interest than the "payable date." And maybe it would solve the problem on not showing splits on Mondays.

Thanks
                            Harold Fisher

Comment

fwiw...Yep to what Scotty said.
                              Entries in CorpActs that are a Sunday date will result in no split notes in Daily chart.
                              For example, NETL, SHOO, MBT.
                              CNQ in CorpActs is dated 20100531...a Holiday. Since there's no Daily bar, there's no split notes.
                              Here's more detail on split notes not showing...
                              http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....950#post132950

LAM

Comment

Originally posted by hfisher1
                                ...Jay, is that something that can be fixed? For charting and trading purposes, the "ex date" is of much greater interest than the "payable date." And maybe it would solve the problem on not showing splits on Mondays.
                                This will be fixed in the next version of QCharts (version 7) due out late Q4 2010 or Q1 2011.
                                Regards,
                                Jay F.
                                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                                X