Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to avoid deletion of previous day data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid deletion of previous day data?

When I want to load "Bid record 1 tick" data, e.g
    from 9/22/2004 to 9/23/2004, almost all the data from 9/21/2004 is deleted.
    However, all the data before 9/21/2004 is still intact.

So far, the only workaround was to re-download the whole data range each day.
    But this is really a pain, because the globalserver is very unstable while downloading several large ranges.

My session settings are in attachment.

Any solution for this problem?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

cableguy
    FWIW I can't replicate the problem you are seeing.
    If I download the data for a day (or days) it does not affect the day prior to the one being downloaded.
    Having said that I do notice that we have a slight difference in the setup of the Sessions. In your case you are using 00:01-23:58 based on GMT whereas I instead show the same times but based on Exchange Time which has an offset of +60 respect to GMT.
    You may want to try changing the Sessions times and see if that fixes the problem. While at it you may also want to check that all the time offset settings for the Exchange, and TradeStation are set up accordingly.
    Alex

Comment

Unfortunately, switching to exchange time in the
      edit symbol->session doesn't help.
      However what I just noticed, is that the download starts from 1:00 instead of 0:00
      Might that be the problem and where exactly do I change the time offset settings?

Thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

cableguy
        Simply switching to Exchange Time in Edit Symbol->Sessions does not change the way data is stored by GlobalServer (which is what you need to change) but only how it is displayed.
        If you want to actually change the times you need to select Exchange Time then type in the session times as shown in the screenshot I posted earlier then click OK to store the new settings.
        Before you do any of this I would suggest you make a backup copy of your existing data by using the Export tool.
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

that's the way I did it.
          I did change the session times manually when changing to "Exchange traded time".
          Attached Files

Comment

cableguy
            After having edited the Session settings did you try and download the data again?
            Also check the time offset for the exchange used (should be CFOREX or FOREX depending on the version of GlobalServer) and make sure that the Daylight Saving is set according to the rules in your time zone.
            Lastly check the time offset for the application in TradeStation (see in File->Desktop Options->General tab)
            Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
              cableguy
              After having edited the Session settings did you try and download the data again?
              Also check the time offset for the exchange used (should be CFOREX or FOREX depending on the version of GlobalServer) and make sure that the Daylight Saving is set according to the rules in your time zone.
              Lastly check the time offset for the application in TradeStation (see in File->Desktop Options->General tab)
              Alex
              Whatever I do, I'm still having the same issues.
              So maybe you can point me out where my settings are wrong :

- My timezone is normally GMT+1
              Currently GMT+2 because of the daylight saving

- If I click on the esignal data manager->data->time
              it says :
              (GMT 2:00) Romance daylight time

I presume this means GMT+2 and thus the exchange is on
              GMT+2 ?

- Under GS->Tools->Edit exchange list
              I have only FOREX available and not CFOREX.
              The settings for FOREX are as follows for Daylight savings:

Offset from GMT when not under DS = 60 minutes

Use Daylight savings rules
              Switch to DS =>Last Sunday of Mar
              Switch to non DS=>last Sunday of Oct

- Under Prosuite2000i Files->Desktop options->offset from datafeed = 0 minutes
              I tried 0 minutes, 60 minutes and 120 minutes but this didn't make any difference.

Any idea where my settings are wrong?

Many thanks

Comment

cableguy

I presume this means GMT+2 and thus the exchange is on GMT+2 ?

Yes it does mean GMT +2 and I think that the Data Manager reads that from your local settings.
                With regards to your settings for FOREX in GlobalServer they are the same as the ones I have in my installation.
                As to the Offset in Desktop Options I believe that should be set to 120 minutes as that is your current offset from GMT (FYI I am on the East Coast and the Offset is set to -240 minutes at this time and -300 when not in Daylight Saving Time)

Any idea where my settings are wrong?

Aside from the Offset in Desktop Options (which does not seem to have any effect regardless) I cannot see anything wrong or that could be causing the behavior you are experiencing.
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X