Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Import Of VDax

Hallo
    I'm trying to download data of VX A0-DT into TS. I'm using the e-signal plugin . I get datas from eurex , but can not get these for the vdax . I tried to get it as cash or future but without success.
    Is there a trick? Who knows ? Thanks for help.
    regs

jojojo
    Are you looking for information on how to set up this symbol in GlobalServer or how to download the data for this symbol with the Plugin? If the latter in what Category is VX A0-DT set up in your GlobalServer?
    Alex

Comment

Re

I added the symbol from the dictionary in global server ; description Vola Sub Index , Exchange Eurex , Category Cash .
      then i want to "update" as usuall , if I am are later at the start.
      I tried always to change the category to future - with no result .
      Another bug(? ) was that the plugin does'nt work anymore after I tried to add it in the e-sig-plugin as cash.So I had to reinstall it.

Comment

jojojo
        Here is the procedure for downloading VX A0-DT. This assumes you have the symbol set up as Cash.
        Click File->Download from eSignal. You may already have Cash in the Items to download

If not then right click anywhere in the Items to download section of the Plugin and select Add Item

At this point Add or Edit the Item and make sure that you have Eurex included in the Used Exchanges list for that Category (ie Cash)

In the following image you can see I am creating a data request for Cash items

In the next image you can see I am downloading data for VX A0-DT

And lastly a TradeStation chart in which I am plotting the data for VX A0-DT which I just downloaded
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

RE

Thank you very much .This works fine now.
          Kind Regards

Comment

I have problems to insert the symbol $VDAX-EUX into the portfolio of the global server.

There is no "-EUX" Exchange listed. While trying with EUNX and EUREX errormessage "Symbols not found" is resulting.
            Attached Files

Comment

helmutw
              The reason why $VDAX-EUX is not showing up in the Symbols to Download dialog box is because in the setup for the Category to which you assigned that symbol (ie Index) you did not add Eurex to the list of Used Exchanges.
              You may want to review an earlier post of mine in this same thread where you can see an illustrated guide on how to add Eurex to the list of Used Exchanges for the Cash Category. You need to replicate that setup for the Index Category.
              Alex

Comment

After adding Eurex to the "Used Exchanges" List, the sybol is found and when the download is complete, global server has received 1 data points.

Selcted data range was from 8/1/07 to present.
                Attached Files

Comment

helmutw
                  Without knowing what your settings are and/or how you are requesting the data it is not possible to determine what the problem could be and suggest a solution.
                  You may want to post some screenshots of the settings of that symbol and of the dialog box showing exactly how you are requesting the data.
                  Alex

Comment

A few days later the download for this symbol is working fine. It makes me wonder, because I did not change any settings.

Thanks for help!

Comment

helmutw
                      Glad to hear it is working fine and you are most welcome.
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X