help with new global server problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patr82
    i was trying to install a software program that would let me listen to the squak on the floor of the cme and it would not let me finish, said it couldn't find the network settings. i can install that same software program on all my other computers. SO
    it has to be that my global server can't get through to the internet, though i can download data using data manager and the 2000i plugin. does that help anybody think of anything i should do to see whats preventing global server from connecting.
    this is really WEIRD.
    pat
    if you can surf on the internet it means that your internet connection works.

esignal seams to work also, that confirms that internet connection is OK.

the problem is that the GS cannot connect?
    i think that the GS does not have to connect to the internet but to the esignal database that is collecting the data. there might be a problem with the link between esignal's data manager and the GS.

If there would be a problem with the internet connection you wouldn't be able to surf, email or retrieve data with the 2000i plugin.

Comment

fantastic, i just got it to work after weeks.
      i finally did a spyware search and a virus scan and there were some unwanted registry and dll files and i then eliminated them, re booted my computer and it works. i felt such tremendous joy when i saw that word change to "connected" and the quotes received start to accumulate.
      amen, amen, amen.
      pat. thanks to spike and alex for their help.

Comment

also, one more thing, no more downloading free software off the internet even if i do scan it. its loaded with spying software.

Comment

Originally posted by patr82
          also, one more thing, no more downloading free software off the internet even if i do scan it. its loaded with spying software.
          a good advice:
          make disk images from your system. If ever you have a problem again, your system will be running again within 5 minutes.
          The software costs abiut 50$, not a price to take any risk.

Comment

Working...
          X