Downloading CME Globex currencies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading CME Globex currencies?

Is there a way to download the data for the CME Globex currencies? I have no problem downloading the pit contracts, but no data is downloaded for the electronic symbols (6E,6B,6J, etc.). I am using TS2000i with the eSignal download plugin. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

James Anderson

James
    Probably the easiest solution is to first temporarily set up the default CME Exchange Settings to those required by the Globex currencies. Once you have done that go to Tools->Edit Symbol, select Add Symbol and insert all the new symbols (6E, 6B, etc) using the Exchange defaults so you do not need to retype them for every symbol. At that point you just use the Add from Dictionary to insert the symbols in the GlobalServer Portfolio
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for the reply, but I think that you may have misunderstood my question. I have no problem adding the Globex symbols to the portfolio. In fact, all of the symbols are already added. My problem is this: whenever I download data from eSignal using the plugin, no data is downloaded for the Globex symbols. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

James
        I am not seeing any problems in downloading Globex currencies (see enclosed images for 6E M5)
        You may want to provide some details of how you have the symbols set up in GlobalServer. For example are they set up as Futures, Index or Stock, how are the Sessions set up, etc (some snapshots would help).
        Alex

Comment

I too would like to know how to add in the exchange to get globex data, I too already have the symbols in the portfollio but dont know how to set it up so its collected.
          Thanks in advance

Keith
          Keith

Comment

Working...
          X