Support for TS2000i Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom, TS Support
    Here is why I am seeing a different behavior (in my case it is saving the settings).
    I also have Trade Record 1 Minute and 1 Day selected and if you have those it will retain the checked Bid/Ask Records.
    If instead you do not have any of the Trade Record(s) then it does not retain the setting.
    As a solution you could add Trade Record 1 Day in the History Settings in Plugin and not have it in the History to Save in GlobalServer.
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 08-09-2003, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Download speed

I have about 13,000 symbols in my Global Server's Symbol Portfolio.Every night I download daily data for all that symbols from HistoryBank.com. It takes no more than 1 min for update.
      Yesterday I tried this new software. All I tried to do is download DAILY data for all stocks (about 12,000) for 08/08/2003. One day only. Firs the software(active plugin) started counting and selecting symbol from Global server. It took 20 min. Then it started to download data. Considering the speed of this process(it shows on screen) it may takes about 4 hours. Either I was doing something wrong or some information is missing from help file,such as "Running Plugin For The First Time ". For now I'm just back to HistoryBank. Please notice I didn't try to download any intraday data. Only EOD. Or maybe when I check 1 Day it loads intraday too?
      Thank you in advance for your help

Comment

Vas

Did I red well 13.000 symbols?

And History bank update them in 2 minutes?

Do you have a Craig Mainframe?

Well, with my poor 37 symbols yesterday night I downloaded all from 1 tick up, for a total of 17.567.948 data processed with 0 refused in about less than 3Hrs.

The Dynaloader was not accepting such a request, freezing for "too many ......and something else.

So this is my experience.
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

And some more issues on forex data: the thing is - eSignal Forex presents only bid/ask prices and not the Trade Record.
          Regards,
          Robert

Ok, I can speak only about futures/forex/indexes, because I have Esignal subscription on it.

Installed, tested ….GREAT. Thank you ESignal -))

Re: Forex.
          Robert, the thing is – eSignal Forex presents Trade Record, but only on daily.
          The second thing is – most people, if not all, who use TS + Forex data, collect this data at BID record. Esignal bid record data usually is correlated with retail brokers/dealers platforms as well as an institutional. What is very important.

Currently you don’t have complete setting in this new tool on Forex data.
          You have to add BID – 1 minute and BID – 1 Day.

Thank you,
          AdlerNY

Comment

Fabrizio,
            Stocks-AMEX,NYSE,NASDQ- 12,447 symbols
            Futures- 451 symbol
            Indices- 457 symbols
            End Of Day data for all this for less than 1 min for 1 Day.
            Tick and intraday data is collected for about 50 symbols on 24 hours basis (Global server and E signal is running from Sunday 8:00 Pm till Saturday 16:15 Pm.
            Once again End of Day data in less than 1 min.
            Last edited by Vas62; 08-10-2003, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Vas

sure, I was kidding.

I focus on a very small number of symbols, leaving the scan burden to my AGET MARKET SCANNER.

For the less than 1 min EOD I have no reasons not to believe you.

I only know that IMPE with TS2K collecting data has always been a pain.....that's the resaon I am so glad of the new plug.

Cordially
              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Originally posted by Vas62
                Stocks-AMEX,NYSE,NASDQ- 12,447 symbols
                Futures- 451 symbol
                Indices- 457 symbols
                End Of Day data for all this for less than 1 min for 1 Day.
                Tick and intraday data is collected for about 50 symbols on 24 hours basis (Global server and E signal is running from Sunday 8:00 Pm till Saturday 16:15 Pm.
                Once again End of Day data in less then 1 min.
                To keep all support related information here on this thread, here's our response (originally posted on Elite Trader):

Vas62 - it may not be a good tool for what you are doing - its really to load tick and history data on a few symbols. We are working at extending our work on our EOD Data Wizard product which stores data off line into a global database. I am not exactly sure how it will work but you will have both an online and offline mode for eSignal and it loads the entire market fast each day since its a flat file. This is all coming later in the fall.

Chuck
                eSignal

Comment

Further to Scott's reply I think it is also important to point out that ActiveX Plugin can be used at any time during the day.
                  If one has an unexpected disconnect and consequent gaps in the data ActiveX Plugin can be used on the fly to fill in those gaps without having to wait for the end of the day to update them.
                  That is a substantial advantage for those who trade intraday and need their data always up to date.
                  Alex

Comment

Good job eSignal to launch this for TS2000i. TS2ki is still the number one retail backtesting software over here in Europe.

@lpha
                    www.elitetrading.de
                    Kommunikationsportal für Trader

Comment

Re: Reconnect error-another user connected

Originally posted by liamk
                      A bug has appeared under the following scenario: two paths to connect to the data server ...
                      Liam,

This is the first we have heard of this. Please know we are working with our engineers to narrow this down. Thanks for your patience.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Data Vendor combo box empty

I installed the ActiveX and everything went just fine but when I bring up the dowload box the field where the data vendor should be listed is empty. I uninstalled then reinstalled the ActiveX but the data vendor combobox is always empty. Of course I can't go any further. Thanks for the data downloader.

Comment

Ffinch, have you ever run eSignal on your PC? Please let me know. Thank you, Andy

Comment

Data Vendo Box Empty

Hello TechSupport,

Yes I have been using eSignal for a very long time now. I run it daily.

Thanks,
                            Fred

Comment

Fred, what version of eSignal do you use? Could you please reinstall eSignal and the Plugin after that. Regards, Andy

Comment

Vendor

Andy, I have Esignal 7.4 installed. I uninstalled it then went out and installed 7.4 again from the WEB. I uninstalled the ActiveX too then installed it after installing 7.4.

After all that I still do not have a vendor listed when I bring up the plug-in from TS Global Server.

Thanks,
                                Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X