Support for TS2000i Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred
    Before installing ActiveX Plugin were you using TS2k with eSignal and was it receiving real time data?
    In the Performance tab of GlobalServer what DataFeed does it list in the dropdown selector?
    Alex

Comment

Andy, Yes I'm receving reraltime data. In the dropdown under the performance tab it list, DBC Online and now eSignal Plugin.

Comment

Andy, Yes I was using TSKi and eSignal berfore the Plugin was installed.

Fred

Comment

Fred
          FYI another user (Amstor) had the same problem you are reporting and has apparently resolved it by reinstalling TS2k (see this thread).
          Alex

Comment

Is anyone having a screen flickering issue in TS2000i w/ esignal rt?

Whenever there is a tick update, the whole window flickers not just the last bar.

Comment

Amstor
              If you are charting any of the e-minis and they are set up as Futures that is a known TS2k issue.
              There are a couple of solutions available one of which is to set up the eminis as Index or Stock rather than Future.
              Alex

Comment

I use esignal rt and the solution mentioned by Alex resolves issue.

You might also want to disable 'Update every tick' on indicators based on emini.

Originally posted by Amstor
                Is anyone having a screen flickering issue in TS2000i w/ esignal rt?

Whenever there is a tick update, the whole window flickers not just the last bar.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Support for TS2000i Plug-in'

Am here. But, that is the downside, apparently, of wanting to see an
                  indicator updated to current values rather than waiting for a new bar to see
                  the final value for the last bar.

L
                  ----- Original Message -----
                  To: <[email protected]>
                  Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 8:54 AM
                  Subject: Reply to post 'Support for TS2000i Plug-in'

>
                  > Hello liamk,
                  >
                  > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  >

Comment

How to set up e mini as stock in TS2000?
                    Thanks in advance.
                    Vas62

Comment

Vas62
                      You can find the instructions in HTML format by clicking here
                      Let me know if you need further help
                      Alex

Comment

Thank you Alexis.What I really wanted to know is how to transfer existing e mini symbol from futures to stock category ,so I can use all my data instead to download all again.
                        Last edited by Vas62; 08-26-2003, 06:50 PM.

Comment

It looks like before I set up e mini as stock, I have to delete these symbols from Global Server ,otherwise I get error message:
                          "Operation failed.Symbol alredy in portfolio." Just don't want to delete all my ES,NQ,YM data.
                          Vas62

Comment

Vas62

What I really wanted to know is how to transfer existing e mini symbol from futures to stock category ,so I can use all my data instead to download all again

I do not know of a way to do this other than by first converting the data to ascii then converting it back to xpo and to do this you would need a tool like HistoryCentre from TSSupport.
                            GlobalServer makes no provision that I can see to change the Category of a symbol not even in the Import/Export process.

It looks like before I set up e mini as stock, I have to delete these symbols from Global Server ,otherwise I get error message:
                            "Operation failed.Symbol alredy in portfolio." Just don't want to delete all my ES,NQ,YM data

If you are using the same symbol you will get that message because GlobalServer does not allow for duplicate symbols even if in different Categories.
                            If I were you I would not delete your existing database since you may have an alternate solution.
                            If at this time your ES, NQ and YM symbols are set up as specific contracts (ie ES U3, NQ U3, etc) then you can set up the same contracts as the continuous #F under the Stock or Index categories (ie ES #F, NQ #F, etc). As a matter of fact given that the rollovers for equity indices is done by eSignal at the same time of the exchanges I believe there is an advantage to using the #F symbol rather than the specific because you don't have to worry about managing your contracts any more.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

You mentioned the es #F contract but i don't believe esignal applies any back-adjustment to handle the delta due to the rollover.

HistoryBank provides a symbol 'SP-CONT' that is a back-adusted continous EOD contract. Does esignal provide an equivalent BACK-ADJUSTED continous EOD contract?

Thanks,
                              Bing

Comment

No we do not. We have just the #F symbol to creat continuous contracts and they are not back-adjusted.

Eventually, we want the control for these sorts of symbols to move from our servers to the user's desktop so they can customize for their own needs.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X