esignal pluging after install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal pluging after install problem

I had to rebuild my system recently (XP+SP1), all applications work OK.
    Installation of Tradestation build v5.00.0822, eSignal 7.6 & eSignalPluginTS2000i_4030.exe was sucessful.

However when trying to download historical data, I cannot choose any Data Vendor (it remains blank), and for index items there are no history settings. When i try to collect any combination of symbols I get the following message "Data vendor must be selected".
    I have tried the previous plugin with the same results.

esignal1611
    After having installed TS2k and before installing the Plugin did you run the Setup Wizard in GlobalServer?
    If not then I would suggest as a first step to uninstall the Plugin, run the Setup Wizard and then reinstall the Plugin.
    Alex

Comment

I had the same problems.

My solution was:

1. Deinstall esignal 7.6. and the plugin complete.
      2. Install esignal 7.4.
      3. Install the previos plugin version
      eSignal_Plugin_TS2000i_v1.0.0.3721-4.exe

http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp? folder=Miscellanea&groupid=10

4. Upgrade the plugin with the newest version.
      5. If the data vendor is visible, upgrade esignal with version 7.6.

A bit long winded, but it works for me.

Comment

augustus, your method worked, my only concerns are I installed the newer versions without uninstalling the prior versions. Will this cause problems when uninstalling in the future?

Aslo I am asked to replace a newer file with an older file when updating the plugin, i answered yes.

I will keep eSignal 7.4 & the older plugin on file just in case.

Thanks a million.

Comment

I've got the identical problem. I can't try Augustus's because I don't have 7.4 anymore nor 7.5 (this one was working fine with the old plug-in). Any more suggestions? Will a debugged new plug-in be delivered soon?

Comment

I confirm too that augustus's tip is working fine. I used a 7.5 version instead of 7.4 and now upgraded to 7.6. Everything's perfect now. Thank you very much.

Comment

I have just started using eSignal and don't have the previous versions of the software mentioned in this thread - where can I find v7.4/7.5 and the previous version of the plug-in or is there a solution for 7.6 and the latest version of the plug-in?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Dear Bunyip,

Could you just go to the eSignal folder and copy dbcapi.dll into the c:\windows\system32 folder. Then run GlobalServer and let me know how the plugin works.

Thank you much,
                Robert

Comment

I copied the file as suggested, but there was no difference. The file that I copied to the windows directory was larger than the one there previously. I tried re-booting the machine, after making the change, but the data vendor drop down is still empty.

Comment

Please copy proxydll.dll and MFC71.dll as well and let me know how it works.

dbcapi.dll, proxydll.dll and MFC71.dll from eSignal 7.6 folder --> c:\windows\system32 folder.

Thank you,
                    Robert

Comment

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your rapid response.

I copied those files over and re-booted but still no names in the drop down.

Phillip

Comment

Blank drop down window for data vendor

I am having exactly the same problem with the blank drop down window...I have tried all of the aforementioned remedies to no avail...help...

Comment

Updated 3/23/04

We have posted a beta version of the plug-in (version 4081) that we think will solve the compatibility issue that surfaced with the release of eSignal ver 7.6. Please keep in mind that this is a beta version and has undergone limited internal testing. Please post feedback to this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the rapid turnaround - this has resolved the problem.

Phillip

Comment

Working...
                            X