No announcement yet.

Downloading historical Forex Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I am confused as to what u mean by download it again...I am currently downloading from Esignal to Global Server, what do I do now to download again to Tradestation?

Comment

mkrupkin

The Forex data you are collecting (and storing in GlobalServer) while connected in real time is 1 Tick Bid Record. To download it with the Plugin select 1 Tick Bid Record and set the desired Intraday From date.
      This data will be updated in real time when the GlobalServer is connected to eSignal.
      In TradeStation you can create charts for any interval based on this Resolution and they will update in real time.

You can also download Trade Record for 1 Minute, 5 Minute and 1 Day Resolutions.
      For 1 Minute and 5 Minute Resolutions eSignal provides up to 120 days of historical data. To download it with the Plugin select 1 Minute Trade Record (or 5 Minute Trade Record) and set the desired Intraday From date.
      This data will not be updated in real time when the GlobalServer is connected to eSignal. It can only be updated using the Plugin.
      In TradeStation you can create charts for any interval based on this Resolution but they will not update in real time.

For 1 Day Resolution eSignal provides approximately 10 years of historical data (depending on the security). To download it with the Plugin select 1 Day Trade Record and set the desired Daily From date.
      This data will not be updated in real time when the GlobalServer is connected to eSignal. It can only be updated using the Plugin.
      In TradeStation you can create daily or higher interval charts based on this Resolution but they will not update in real time.

Hope this helps
      Alex

Comment

Ok, that's great, thanks so much for your help, another question though, what is the fastest way for me to add more currency pairs, I saw what you sent me on the link regarding this matter, but not sure what you mean by 'exporting' the usdjpy symbol, importing it, then changing it...can u please elaborate?

Comment

mkrupkin
          I was referring to the Import and Export functions of GlobalServer. Please see the Help files of GlobalServer/TradeStation on how to use them
          Alex

Comment

OK, I will look into that...but it still seems I am doing something incorrectly in gathering my Daily data...for EUR a0-fx, I am only getting daily data back to May, although i downloaded data that goes 10 years back...what cout I be doing wrong?

Comment

mkrupkin
              Truthfully without having a complete and detailed picture of the setups for both the program and the data and without knowing what you are downloading, charting, etc it is almost impossible to determine what you could be doing wrong.
              I would suggest that you read through the various threads in this forum as most of the solutions to common issues can be found here
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X