Setting up Daily WoodiesCCI Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Daily WoodiesCCI Charts

I'm interested in using WoodiesCCI on Daily charts, and I've read this thread to find a way to modify the intraday charts. I've seen an example of what I want to do, posted by Woodie - see attached chart.

I can modify the intraday charts to show daily charts by changing the 5M to 390M. But they only show 5 days of data, and I need more than this.

I tried modifying the EFS files, but they appear to be password protected. I read the WoodiesCCI Software Installation Guide to see if a password was mentioned, but didn't see one.

Can anyone give me a few hints to get more than 5 days of data displayed?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

TrendRat,

From what you are illustrating, it is unclear about what you are trying to accomplish. Can you please include some additional screenshots of your current Woodies setup so we can replicate your settings? Also, what time zone is your system clock set to?

Comment

Thank you for your reply, DuaneG. My apologies for not being clear.

I've downloaded the eSignal files for Woodies CCI, and they are working great for intraday time frames. See below.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi TrendRat

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

But what I want is the WoodieCCI indicators on a daily chart. So if I change the 5Min chart to a 390Min chart, I get daily bars (I know 390Min is not a day, but it's getting close. Problems occur at all larger time frames). But I only get 5 days worth, 6 bars on this chart. And the Woodies CCI stuff disappears, see below. Hopefully this better explains my problem.

I want to be able to use Woodies CCI on daily charts, for swing trading of larger time frames. But I can't make in changes in the "Edit Studies" dialog, and the EFS code seems to be password protected.

Thanks again for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Trendrat,

I suspect that the Time Template that you are using may be the culprit. Here's an example of how I have mine set up. Please keep in mind that a 390 minute interval will be extremely resource intensive with the Woodies CCI studies. To help mitigate this, I would recommend using a purebred daily interval.

Because the Woodies CCI Studies are proprietary, you won't be able to see or edit the source code of the study. If you haven't yet gone through the Woodies CCI Club Software Installation Guide, you may find it helpful as there are several nuances to getting this specific study displayed. Hope this helps.

Comment

Excellent....thanks, that was it. See new chart below. I still need to fiddle with the start/end times, but at least now I'm getting daily bars.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X