Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex Charting

Originally posted by bf2
    ...I can't chart Idealpro forex pairs using esignal. I must use TWS charting. Correct?
    Hi bf2,

Thank you for your post.
    In eSignal, you can chart forex pairs (eg, EUR/USD) by subscribing to the forex quote source known as GTIS.
    You can quickly and easily begin your subscription to eSignal's GTIS feed, which will then allow you to plot currency pair prices using eSignal's charts, by following the directions Avery outlined below (visit now)

As Glen indicated because of its decentralization, and the number of forex banks (GTIS contains bid/asks from a variety of ~200 banks, or "contributors"), one may see wider or thinner spreads (differences between the bids/asks) of any given currency (or "pair"), depending on whom you're subscribing to (ie, eSignal's GTIS, TWS or individual dealers, like GAIN Capital/Forex.com, or FXCM).

IB's IdealPro feed also (description) has multiple large forex dealers ("contributors"). Those prices can also be charted in TWS using their data.

Hope that answers your question. Please let me know if I can assist further - if so, send me an email, your phone number and availability and we can discuss

Thanks,

Brent
    QuoteTrader Product Management

Comment

Re: Forex Charting

A question on this old topic.

I am thinking of getting into forex. My goal is to use IB for execution and Esignal for charting. I understand from the explanation of ESignal_Brent that IB and Esignal use different forex data providers.

My question is, would the difference be only a few pips, or would the price be so different that intra-day trading with IB using the Esignal data feed simply wouldn't be feasible?

Is anybody out there trading intra-day using IB as broker and Esignal for charting? can it be done?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X