X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Glen,

Originally posted by demarcog
    Jason,

I'm using close(0) on a renko chart and at times multiple bars can be built simultaneously with the same time stamp, and the backtester records what after the fact looks like the correct price, but in realtime the price recorded is actually sometimes several timestamped bars in the future.
    This is related to the known EFS indicator drift bug we've previously discussed. I don't have any solution to offer you on this topic. Please review these threads to review our previous discussions.

getCurrentBarIndex() and getBarState() question.
    Possible temporary fix for Renko Drift Problem.
    Renko Chart Questions.
    Multilple Renko Box Move and BARSTATE_NEWBAR state

I thought for Renko charts this time and sales functions would reflect current trade information which can be outside the range of Barindex(0) which is not possible with a normal bar or candle chart. My objective was to see if I could determine price range outside the scope of the current bar's range.

thanks very much....
    Aside from the issues related to the EFS drifting bug, it sounds like you are trying to base trade signals on the real time price. This price may not reflect what the closing values of the Renko bricks will be when the interval closes. If you're going to use the Renko bricks to trigger trade signals then you should wait until the interval has closed and evaluate the trade condition on the last brick.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

I thought perhaps I was seeing a different issue unrelated to the assistance you provided in those earlier post, and the known indicator drift issue.

Didn't realize they were the same as it looked like a delay in painting the appropriate bars real time within the time and box specifications ...

sorry about that I certainly don't want to beat a dead horse and realize it's probably as frustrating for you and development issue.

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by demarcog; 01-19-2007, 08:17 PM.
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X