X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't trade any futures except YM from the chart

Dear developers,
    It is unacceptable to have such problems -
    I cant trade any futures from the chart except YM. Looked in other topics in forum tried to change routing etc. Now lets talk exactly about dax - I use symbols AX H0-DT or AX M0-DT and get the same result - even when try to look up for those symbols, Esignal doesnt find it, even when I see it on the chart !!! Ok, then I type "DAX", then it finds, I map, but still have same problem - it suggests me to create new symbol, even when I already selected all futures route to DTB. Same with oter futures like 6A and it can't find even ES #F !!!!
    I repaired plugin, deleted old connection and it doesn't help
    I would excpect immediate assistance.

skirmantas,

If you could please provide the error message you're getting or a screenshot so that we can get a better idea of the issues you facing.

Please provide the following information;

The Broker Plug in you're using,
    Version of the plug in
    version of eSignal
    Any error message you're getting when trying to trade.

Thank you in advance,

Comment

I'll PM you, thanks

Comment

I dont know how to put 3 files in 1 post, so 3 posts then
        Attached Files

Comment

no 2
          Attached Files

Comment

no 3

So I HAVE ESIGNAL ADVANCED GET, version 10.6. and IB plugin 1874
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry this took so long but I was torn between posting the instruction or just Private messaging you. So what I decided might be the best idea to help the masses is to post for all to see.

But before we start; This is a tricky one because IB uses a completely different symbol then eSignal. And you would have to know what the IB symbol is to start the process. In this case we did a symbol lookup (Ticker-->Symbol Lookup) in TWS for the DAX and from that found the DAX 30 Index. To confirm this was the correct symbol we added it to the TWS Watchlist and compared the quote against eSignal.

So without further ado here we go;

1- In the Create New Symbol Window
              Enter AX M0-DT
              Click Lookup

In the Contract Lookup Window

Remove the Underlying Symbol (AX M0-DT) and put in the (1) IB symbol (DAX) No spaces, no month code, no year.
              (2)Select Future for the Security Type and (3)ALL for Exchanges and clicked on (4)Lookup

(5)Select the Contract you'll be trading from the list of contract the display in the Contract Window.

Once the Create New Symbol window come back up it should have all the correct mapped information, Confirm the following

eSignal Symbol remains in Symbol box,
              Symbol ID is IB's symbols
              Exchange is DTB
              Tick and Price values are correct
              (See Attached)
              Click Accept to map the symbol.

Now that the symbol is mapped you're ready to trade.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the process.

Comment

as I wrote in my first message, I already did it and it is still not working, strange that alias is DAX M0 though
                Attached Files

Comment

any help ?

Comment

something is very wrong with symbol mapping : I completely resetted TWS settings, reainstalled ibridge and still get the same problem: YM is recognized instantly and wit AX M0-DT everything stops.

Comment

skirmantas

Sorry for the delay in responding, I see the problem, in your Alias you need to have the eSignal Symbol (AX M0-DT) this was explained in the symbol mapping post I did for you.
                      Once the Create New Symbol window come back up it should have all the correct mapped information, Confirm the following

eSignal Symbol remains in Symbol box,
                      Symbol ID is IB's symbols
                      Exchange is DTB
                      Tick and Price values are correct
                      (See Attached)
                      Click Accept to map the symbol.
                      I also gave you a screenshot of what the Create New Symbol needs to look at when finished.
                      This is easily fixable, go in the IB Symbol Mapping window (Trade-->IB-->Symbol Mapping, Highlight the DAX M0 symbol, Click Edit and change the Symbol in the first box from DAX M0 to AX M0-DT. When you¡¦re finished the symbol mapping should look like the snapshot below.

Comment

Yes, IT IS WORKING NOW. Thought I can't edit it after mapping, so I freezed. Anyway, description how to map symbols should be updated in order to avoid guesswork. Thanks.

Comment

Problems with futures: YM and DAX

Hi there,
                          I am having problems trading the YM and AX. I have followed the instructions previously given below.
                          After mapping as instructed, I get the message:
                          "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request".

I've included a screenshot of my mapping. Currency futures are working OK.

Please help. Thanks
                          Karl

Comment

Hello Karl,

Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request
                            This is usually and indication that the order is being routed to an incorrect exchange.

There are two way to resolve the issue,

1-- Before submitting the order, check the Route in the order ticket and confirm that the order is going to the correct exchange.

2--- Set the correct route in the Default Order Settings for the individual symbols

Comment

Working...
                            X