Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error message when entering trades with IB plugin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error message when entering trades with IB plugin.

Hi,

I am having some difficulties entering trades with the IB plugin. I have contacted IB, but they have been unable to help me. I am trying to enter trades for the mini Dow. I have attached a screenshot, could someone please tell me if my order screen is filled out correctly? Thanks very much for the help, I have read and followed all the directions on the IB eSignal faq page. One other thing, when I try to enter the symbol into the Symbology page, I always put ECBOT into the exchange field, and then it automatically changes back to SMART everytime. Thanks again! Have a great day!

Nicholle
    Attached Files

My understanding is that those settings should work. What error message are you receiving if any?

You may want to try entering the following into the Trade --> Interactive Brokers --> Symbology.

Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

It does work correctly now, I initially was receiving an error message and no one at IB could figure it out. It has been working fine now, that happened the first day I had the account open. I have been at IB for 3 weeks now, and I am very impressed with them, and I am also very impressed and pleased with eSignal, the integration of eSignal and IB is like a dream come true for me!
      Thanks for your help!

Nicholle

Comment

I cant't save GLOBEX for Exchange.
        Everytime it is SMART adjustabled.

How I can change the Exchange from SMART to GLOBEX and keep it?
        Attached Files
        Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
        stefan

Comment

Hi Stefan,

Not sure if you have solved this problem already, sorry for the lack of response.

However, this came up again with a caller and it seems that this problem persist. After doing some checking, it appears that when you go into the symbology and set up the cross between eSignal's symbol and IB, the default exchange, which is "Smart" will always appear in the dictionary, even after entering "GLOBEX" and saving. So if you go in and set up ES M4 with the exchange typed in as "GLOBEX", then go back in to edit, the exchange will say, "SMART". This is a bug. The program will remember the GLOBEX that was entered previously. I've informed our product management team of this and it has been added to the bug list.

One way to verify if the correct exchange has been entered to the Symbology dictionary is to bring up the order entry ticket and input ES M4 to the symbol box and hit the Tab button. You'll see the default information come up into the Exchange box. If you entered in GLOBEX and saved in the Symbology dictionary, you should see GLOBEX in the exchange box.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks,

Comment

Error Message trading futures using IB integrated trading

Hello....

Has there been a fix to the problem listed below ?

As the previous poster mentioned. The attached error message (same as the one posted by the earlier poster) pops up when trying to trade futures (NQ) using either the "Attach Order Ticket" or with the "Order Entry" panel with IB broker.

Note......in "Symbology" the default Exchange always goes back to "smart" rather than "globex" as entered.

In the "order entry" box....it does show "globex" but when I try a trade the same error message pops up.

BlueNote

Comment

IB Error Message

Hi Bluenote,

I'll send you a PM, and if you're available perhaps we can review online using my desktop. I was able to produce the same error dialog, but wanted to confirm I was following the same steps to generate it.

Thanks,

Brent
              Integrated Trading Product Management

Comment

I am facing the same issue.... The Echange field is always changed to "SMART" even though I hv entered "GLOBEX". Any advice? thx

Comment

Working...
                X