Updating DDE Links in Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Duane,

I'm running Excel 2002 - taken from XP Office Professional.

Carlton

Comment

Hi,

My troubleshooting efforts have take me thus far. In order to run TWS and establish a dde link to esignal I have to do the following:

1 Open esignal (No brainer)

2 Double click on SigTools.xla

3 Click on the sample matrix - (which takes up needless symbols)

4 Run TWS.

If anyone can shed any light on why I need to be running the sample matrix I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Nope,

Scratch what I just said. It only worked once using the methods I just described. I'm still working on it. Please help if you can.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to mess you guys around, but it does only appear to work with the four steps I described below, however there is a twist.

It fails when I reset the database within the data manager, under symbols, unfortunately the symbol count won't reset any other way

Once again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Carlton

Comment

OK,

So, it only works when the sample matrix is loaded before running TWS and fails when I reset the symbol count through data manager. As previously mentioned, resetting the symbol count through file, and preferences does not work.

Thanks

Carlton

Comment

Hi,

Its clear that I'm not going to resolve this issue, therefore I was wondering if I explain what I'm trying to achieve whether someone could let me know if its possible to achieve a similar result with an efs.

OK, I have put together a list of stocks from a particuar industry into a spreadsheet. I then run a dde to link to esignal which will give me the data for Volume, High, Low Change, Last, etc. for each of the stocks in the industry that I'm interested in.

From that I write a simple formula to calculate the advancing/declining issues, advancing/declining volume.

Now, can someone tell me if its possible to add all the stocks from the above list to a quote window and somehow compile an efs that will give me the same end results?

I'm open to any suggestions that you may have.

This would be great substitute for what I've been trying to resolve for the last couple of days.

I have attached a copy of a sample spreadsheet which should describle a lot better what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance

Carlton
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello all,

I figured out what the actual problems were and how to resolve them - as I receive so much help from you guys I thought I would share it with you.

First, the problem is with with excel, TWS and Java. It really has nothing to do with esignal.

In order to resolve the problem you need to go to IB's website and install an application called installAX.exe. Thats it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
                X