Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Lags

Hello,

I appear to be experiencing problems that a number of people have incurred regarding lagging quotes. I have virtually read every single thread on possible causes and resolutions and none of them have fixed the problem.

I am comparing the quotes received from esignal to those I get from Interactive broker and at times there is a 60 second lag.

I have also compared the quotes while running a chart with no scripts and its still terrible.

In the past I thought I was missing trades as a result of simple bad luck but now I think it was just a matter of not getting the data in time.

I may be a novice trader but I know lagging quotes is more dangerous than no quotes at all.

I haven't submitted this post necessarily with the aim of seeking help (although if any of you have found a definitive solution to the problem please let me know), rather its an expression of how angry I am as it would appear this has been a problem for a long time and I never realised. And as I don't have much money, the thought of paying subscription fees for nearly two years for unreliable data is painful.

I'll be in touch with customer services tomorrow GMT, who I'm sure will forward to the American help desk.

Carlton

Hi Carlton,

Thanks for the info. I wanted to take a moment to hopefully clarify a point that you made in your post. The issue that has been mentioned over the past month has been primarily geared towards the data that we receive from the CME. The cause of this issue has been identified and we are working closely with the exchange to get it resolved.

You mentioned that the data has been unreliable for two years. I want to reiterate that the issue at hand has occurred recently. For the sake of comparing apples to apples, the issue that you outlined is most likely not caused by the issue that has been on the forefront of our data reliability discussions. Regardless, we want to help pin down what you are experiencing and get it resolved immediately. Any information you can provide to the technical support team in regards bandwidth, computer specs, page/layout size and complexity will only help us work with you towards a resolution. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

I haven't completely read your comments, however I want to say that I apologise for my comments - although I have been experienced delayed quotes, esignal is no way near as bad as I suggested. I was having a really bad day, which has now turned out to be my first bad week after 16 positive weeks.

Esignal and its staff have been instrumental to my progression in becoming a successful trader.

Just so you know, I spoke with technical support and they contacted their American counter-parts and I was informed that the problem was to do with the server I was attached to. They have subsequently moved me onto a different server and will be monitoring my quotes next week for any further delays. Now, thats what I call techincal support!

So, as I mentioned, I was having a bad day and I noticed that some of my quotes were a little delayed I then searched previous posts for people who have experienced similar problems and went a little crazy.

Thanks for getting back to me anyway mate.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

I appreciate the follow-up. I'm glad we were able to get things squared away for you.

Comment

Hi Duane,

Although I'm much calmer today than the other today I posted the original post concerning quote lags I have to tell you that for the past 25mins my quote for MSFT has not updated - did I say 'last 25mins'? Yes I did. Luckily I wasn't actively trading today otherwise it would have been a nightmare.

I'm literally on hold with waiting to speak with a technical support rep in America.

Suffice to say, this is less than ideal.

Carlton

Comment

Hi Duane,

While I wait to speak to technical support I'll let you know what quotes would simply stop updating at various intervals during the day for no apparent reason.

I understand that simply restarting esignal will refresh its database etc. but that really isn't acceptable during a trading day.

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

If you would please Private Message me your eSignal username, I would like to check your account to see that everything is working properly from a connection standpoint.

Going through the various trouble reporting mechanisms, we haven't had any reports of data outages or system wide problems that would indicate a 25-minute outage. Again, please send me your eSignal username so we can help figure out what is happening here. Thanks.

P.S.

Here is the current Time and Sales information that I am seeing for MSFT.

Comment

Hi Duane,

Just want to say everything has been running fine since going through the troubleshooting steps with Steve from technical support.

Cheers mate.

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear things are back to normal for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X