Advanced Charting Methods & Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downdrafts

The economy should see a strong Q4.....has the economy caught up to the stock market? Not yet!
    Protect gains and re-consider old strategies for the coming two Quarters and tax season scenarios.

Hi Fab, Great charts......nibble traders make money<g> Watch for whippy market this afternoon?
    I'm curious to see the strength of dip buyers and where?
    Best,
    ~j

Last edited by JJordan; 09-22-2003, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• OBV

A good OBV chart set-up, scanning for similar setups can be profitable.

~j

Comment

• Economic Sentiment/Market Sentiment

Long term complex hedges and market strategies by
        big money takes on its own influences on sentiment and price.

Are gold stocks getting too bullish? Hard to say...

Last edited by JJordan; 09-22-2003, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• September 23, 2003

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Pivot Points, let the market decide...

Consensus seems to be for a 10% retracement (8700?). I'm sure another attempt to
            squeeze the shorts will be made to push the market higher upsetting market timers attempts to call a top.
            Buying the dips works until it doesn't<g>

I would expect an increase in volume should we break to the downside?
            Dow futures prior to President Bush address to U.N.
            a 60min chart..let's see what market does after?

A follow-up snapshot near end of day....30min interval
            The market closed on a bullish tone.
            Last edited by JJordan; 09-25-2003, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Easy Money in Futures

The Bullish close was so predictable giving us a typical gap-n-crap.

A 30min DJ e-mini, the blue channel fork line was the -.618 trendline.
              Price appears to be heading to 9444 minor support level

Momentum traders always a threat. Don't slip! Let me Help You<g>

This chart pattern is called: "Three Hills and a Tail" (forming)

Last edited by JJordan; 09-24-2003, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• The Market Decides............

It would appear to me the retracement has begun?

Technical Analysis: Note where the Price and 9ma crosses the 40ma, also where Price X's 9ma.
                  now see the RSI 50 crosses. I use the RSI to tune and tweak
                  all my indicators for optimum functionality. Further observation
                  peaks/valleys on 3,-3ma crosses.(RSI)
                  Last edited by JJordan; 09-25-2003, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• The Growing Interest in Gold

I just saw another excellent chart by Marc......looks like he's on
                    top of it . What I see is the Chinese strategy becoming clearer to me. My advice to China is: Don't fight the FED.<g>

A good use of stochastics .....note sideways in trends set alarms
                    <80>20

Last edited by JJordan; 09-26-2003, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Trends con't.

A fairly wide range for gold to consolidate recent gains....

Last edited by JJordan; 09-29-2003, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• END OF QUARTER

2003 was very Bullish for the markets. Many rightly are comparing
                        this year to 1998 but, the question in my mind is will the mania of 1999 follow?
                        I assume by 2nd half 2004 the talk will be of jobs and inflation?
                        Where will banks and real estate be heading?

Comment

• thanks

Originally posted by JJordan I just saw another excellent chart by Marc......looks like he's on top of it .
                          Hi JJordan,

Just wanted to thank you for the nice words. Was surfing through forums to see if I could help anyone and was kind of surprised to see one of my charts and name mentioned in here. (I drop in every once in a while to admire your work.)

We all could use a little encouragement. Your nice comments was a real encouragement, as I admire your work as well.

Keep up your excellent work. You are doing a real service showing the power eSignal software can provide.

Enjoy this site. Keep up the great work!
                          Marc

Comment

• Shaky Market, Profit takers Anxious before earnings season?

Hi Marc, I'm sorry I didn't add the link to your good discussions on the metals.
                            I find myself hesitant to use the words dead cat bounce but that's what
                            I feel the last few days as investor indecision whips the markets around.
                            I'm watching for a potential reversal but am skeptical since I feel the current trend is still playing self out.
                            I'm concerned with Oil, Gold and the Dollar...as the Federal Reserve attempts to guide the world
                            economies in it's stated goal of expanding it's balance sheets.

30 minutes into the bullish open, the real resistance begins at
                            the .382 fib...."ISM news" label area. I'm getting curious if we end the week down again?
                            One earnings warning might do it.? ISM not as strong as expected?

Last edited by JJordan; 10-01-2003, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Retracements

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it. Back to 50% can it go all the way?
                              I'll remain skeptical another day.<g>

Comment

• Re: Shaky Market, Profit takers Anxious before earnings season?

Originally posted by JJordan Hi Marc, I'm sorry I didn't add the link to your good discussions on the metals. I find myself hesitant to use the words dead cat bounce but that's what I feel the last few days as investor indecision whips the markets around. I'm watching for a potential reversal but am skeptical since I feel the current trend is still playing self out. I'm concerned with Oil, Gold and the Dollar...as the Federal Reserve attempts to guide the world economies in it's stated goal of expanding it's balance sheets.
                                Hi my new friend,

Beginning of a new quarter, a new month, filled with mixed reservations out there, right!? Maybe we give it a couple more days until the market better identifies the next best opportunity.

Please feel free to use my work any way that can help you. I am here to serve, grateful for others like yourself who want to help others grow in technical analysis and trading knowledge.

Seriously, you're doing a great job! Keep it up.... PS-- have a few more precious metal things in the works, could be posting them soon. Take care, marc
                                Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X