Advanced Charting Methods & Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexis,

Thanks for the efs, I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in real time.

The following chart (a biggun') shows the trades taken on YM simply using parabolic SAR (.001, .01, .1).

Using a slippage of ten points per trade, the results are still quite good. Panel showing trade entries uses opening price on the second box printed after SAR 'flips'. Parens show the net trade amount, and do NOT include the 10 point slippage.

I haven't spent much time playing with the SAR settings to try and optimize the results. If anyone comes up with a better setting, feel free to post it

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=48
    Last edited by whizz; 07-26-2003, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Trading Range or Breakout?

Thanks Alex,

Looks like it works fine. Looks like it has been giving
      good signals to me? 40ma still holding trend.

~j

Comment

Renko Chart

Alex,

I tried both your efs downloads and came up with a syntax error saying that Get Most Recent Data is not defined. I tried to run it in playback mode but got the error and esignal froze. Can you tell me how to fix this? Also does the projection mean that it is where the current price action is? So if price goes up or down by 10 points (before the real-time chart gets updated because of the lag that esignal has for the renko) it would show as projections on the chart? Is it possible for you to get an efs that projects the MA also for the Renko chart? That would be a great help indeed. Thanks for the posts. Look forward to your reply.

Sesh

Comment

Sesh
          getMostRecentTrade() is a function that is available only with version 7.4 so you will need to update your installed copy.
          By projection I mean the following. Assume that you are using a 2 point Box. If the latest trade is above the high (or below the low) of the last plotted box by up to 2 points then the efs will draw one box, if between 2 and 4 points it will draw two boxes and so on up to a maximum of 5 boxes. The limit of 5 is only because I got tired of playing "Tower of Hanoi" with the efs but in effect one could keep on drawing as many boxes as one wants.
          Alex

Comment

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Renko Chart - Proj for MA

Alex,

I just downloaded the 7.4 version and it is fine. The projection box appears correctly. Hope it will update correctly in real time also without any lag. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. If it works then we can work with the Renk chart even if eSignal folks take their own sweet time fixing up the problem with Renko charts.

Alex, would it be difficult to write an EFS for projecting the MA or EMA also for a Renko chart based on the price projection on actual price movement before the chart updates? I would REALLY APPRECIATE it if you can get that out. Hoping for a quick answer.

Sesh

Comment

Sesh
                If you have tried it with Tick Replay then it will behave the same way in real time.
                As to the MA projection it can't be done with this efs since those "projected" boxes are not returned values on which one could base the calculation for a moving average (or any other study) but just simple lines plotted on the chart.
                The efs necessary to do what you ask would not be easy to code and is beyond what I would want to do.
                Alex

Comment

Semel in anno licet insanire

Linus

I did see the Magister Marcus post yesterday.

Though I still see this way..........risking a lot to go against magister Maximum!!!!

(kidding)

Ciao!

Fabrizio
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Just playing around

When does noise matter?

Last edited by JJordan; 07-28-2003, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Forks need Adjusting ?

A bullish market does wild things?

Gold steady
                      Last edited by JJordan; 07-28-2003, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Merryl Anticipates ES , so now?

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Power to the Ellipses!!! Power to the Mob!!!

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Set trading range goals

This is the basic idea to enter your pre-market expectations
                            and follow a plan whether you trade it or not.
                            Remember everyday provides opportunity for a plan to come together.

Observation and awareness of sentiment can help you trade
                            what you see not what you think or feel.

what if scenario......doing nothing is always an option!

Comment

I find that Advanced GET is all I have ever needed, and with eSignal working hard to add more features, I am even more excited using just our software... if they ever add my "Money Management Portfolio Utility" function idea, then I would like to take the eSignal/AGET software to heaven with me someday and trade with it forever because that is all I would ever need. {hey Chuck, do we have a server that can reach that far?}Marcus R.

Last edited by fabrizio; 07-28-2003, 09:13 AM.
                              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Dow Power<g>

Just keep an eye on the charts....

Comment

Working...
                                X