• Show
Clear All

Re: Reply to post 'Signal clarity'

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks for the double check.

What a team!

>

Comment

Here's and idea for the indicators that shows the setup and the crossover.
      Attached Files

Comment

It dawned on me as soon as I posted that image that it isn't very clear. Here is a different version that shows the idea a little better.

I'm working on some other stuff related to your 3 Signals. As I get it to a presentable state I will share.
        Attached Files

Comment

I would prefer the original format. but we can test it the way it is and after were done I can just make the changes later. Reason for asking, I was going to run it on multiple charts (intervals) that I have set-up. Just trying not to throw myself on my orignal strategy during market hours while monitoring this one. I'll see if I can get my other network up and running.

Fibbgann
          Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Fibb Gann

I posted so many different combinations, I forget which one is the original. If you show me a picture or a description, perhaps I vcan recreate it.

If you want to watch your other stuff during the day and just review this new system in th evening, that would be great too.

Comment

David,

A very unclear fellow said:
              allow the individual indicator signals to be displayed as well...

Let me clarify. What I mean is doing something like adding different colored arrows to the bottom of the price pane to indicate when say the CCI goes long (up green arrow) or short (down green arrow) or the stoch goes long (up black arrow) or down (down black arrow). etc..

If you add a button to turn this on and off, then it will help with seeing if the systems signals are firing correctly and if not which ones are causing the problem.

Since this will cause your new nice clean looking GUI to look messy - you might call it the button "messy mode" - or "debug mode" or "Show all Signals" if you wish to be clearer and but less humorous.

I use this technique all the time for my multiple indicator studies, and it usually pays off big time at some point.

Garth
              Garth

Comment

Gavishti

I like that layout, it is much simpler.

I am not sure I understand it, but once we are sure the sigals are firing correctly, your simplification looks very easy to read.

Comment

Here ya go. It looks that the MACD has dropped our performance.
                  I will run a test on just the CCI and Stochastics and see what I get.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by FibbGann; 12-14-2003, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Signal clarity'

ahso, I see what you mean now.

The issues you raise were exactly what I was concerned about with the simple
                    setup Gavishti was referring to.

I think you do need a way to see if the indicators are doing what you think
                    they are doing, so when the time comes to simplify, the simplification
                    doesn't mess up the system.

----- Original Message -----
                    To: <[email protected]>
                    Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 5:57 PM
                    Subject: Reply to post 'Signal clarity'

> Hello dloomis,
                    >
                    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    >

Comment

• Re: Reply to post 'Signal clarity'

How many days of data are in that run FG?

>

Comment

• After we get further in this I would suggest dropping all the idicator panes except the Fgall one. And maybe just adding the the current ratio's of each indicator is currently at and then color coding the text all into one study window. Saves alot of space.

Fibbgann

Comment

FG

I agree, we can drop the study panes eventually and just use the FGall pane
                          for data analysis - once we are sure the logic is right.

The cursor window can display the current values and status of the
                          indicators. By moving the mouse, prior bars can be studies via the cursor
                          window.

Whenever you think we have it down, you can remove the FGcci FGrsi etc -
                          they are only there for confirmation purposes. All of the logic in the FGall

>

Comment

• You said it! I am going to wait til later tonight to do more backtesting. We have so many changes in the files, I want to make sure I have the right ones.

Fibbgann

Comment

• Do we have the ability to shut off one of the functions in this code? (exclude it from the signals)

Fibbgann

Comment

Alex the BackTester..

If I want to add something like this

/*
                                if(dir==+1)
                                profit=entry-close();
                                else
                                profit=close()-entry;

if(profit<-10)exit now
                                if(profit>10)take money and run
                                do we re enter another long if we just went long or do we wait for the next
                                short, just like the sar method used before?
                                */

what do I use? Strategy.doSell for long exit and Strategy.doCover for
                                short exit

Possible Profit Exit on a long
                                Strategy.doSell("Close Long", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR,
                                Strategy.ALL, entry+10);
                                Possible Profit Exit on a short
                                Strategy.doCover("Close Short", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR,
                                Strategy.ALL, entry+10);

>

Comment

Working...
                                X