Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anything been done to solve the problem of Tick charts of these 'combined markets' crashing the program? 7.4????

Ian

Originally posted by JayF
    Tick Charts on spreads are also locking my eSignal up. I'll have that investigated further by our QA Team and developers.

Last edited by iantrader; 07-10-2003, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Further to the Donchian channels, this isn't really what I wanted to do.

Ideally, I'd like to see the chart on a tick-by-tick basis but as that doesn't seem possible, I was wondering if it was possible to write a little indicator that would plot the highest and lowest points of each 1 min bar. Does that make sense?

In other words, as the current 1 min bar is plotting, the plot point wiggles up and down and finally settles on the last value in that 1 min period. I was wondering if an indicator could put a mark at the highest and lowest points reached during that 1 min period, a little like a High-Low Thermometer.

Thanks.

Ian

Highest High and Lowest Low in a set period can be done through a Donchian Channel, which is one of the Basic Studies in eSignal. Please see below for an example.

Comment

see attached, should be pretty easy to edit if you use the Formula Wizard.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iantrader
          Ah... What release might we expect this in?

Ian
          I don't believe this is scheduled in any of the near term releases. It may be in one of the 8.x series which is scheduled to start ~Q4 of this year.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Ah, very clever. Thank you, much appreciated.

I did a bit of BASIC programming and potter on with EasyLanguage but this is totally something else...

Ian

Originally posted by dloomis

Comment

Okay, thanks. I'll be watching this space...

Ian

I don't believe this is scheduled in any of the near term releases. It may be in one of the 8.x series which is scheduled to start ~Q4 of this year.

Comment

I've been playing with this for the last few days and it seems to hog the machine, make the other charts go very slowly, slow down the mouse pointer and so oan. Any reason for this?

Ian

Originally posted by dloomis

Comment

Working...
                X