Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waynecd View Post
    Just in case, note my comment in the post with the study:

So to help with the "strong, neutral, weak" refer to the link I used for criteria to identify the signals found HERE.

Wayne
    I understand Wayne . . . the link you gave above is one of the first places I ever went and I have the short book printed out for reference too . . . I urge anyone interested in ichimoku to go there too.

Initial findings . . .

1. All signals have to be visually referenced to Chikou Span to apply/test the methodology verbatim.
    2. I'm having to discard weak and neutral signals for this initial test, as there are simply too many signals to cope with.
    3. As ichimoku was first devised with longer time frames in mind (day, week, month) it is becoming apparent that signals thrown up on the shorter time frames can be ambiguous at best (<60 min).
    4. Nevertheless . . . when scanning charts, the EFS (with or without signals) is a good visual aid to the state of play in reference to the cloud.

All for now . . . I'll add as and when.

Tiktok

Comment

2. I'm having to discard weak and neutral signals for this initial test, as there are simply too many signals to cope with.
      I added Boolean menu items to include/exclude drawing weak/neutral/strong signals as the user prefers and a limit to real time only.

See: ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals v1.efs

All signals have to be visually referenced to Chikou Span to apply/test the methodology verbatim.
      If you detail what you mean by this I'll see what it takes to add it to the code.

Wayne
      Last edited by waynecd; 11-14-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I added Boolean menu items to include/exclude drawing weak/neutral/strong signals as the user prefers. See [ATTACH]16559[/ATTACH]

If you detail what you mean by this I'll see what it takes to add it to the code.

Wayne
        Excellent addition Wayne . . . I didn't want to trouble you regarding adding Boolean menu but it is a great help.

Regarding Chikou Span . . . I've taken this quote directly from the Ichimokutrade.com booklet and hope it explains better what I mean :-

Chikou span confirmation
        As with the tenkan sen/kijun sen cross strategy, the savvy Ichimoku trader will make good use of the chikou span to confirm any kijun sen cross signal. Each of the three classifications of the kijun sen cross outlined above can be further classified based on the chikou span's location in relation to the price curve at the time of the cross. If the cross is a "Buy" signal and the chikou span is above the price curve at that point in time, this will add greater strength to that buy signal. Likewise, if the cross is a "Sell" signal and the chikou span is below the price curve at that point in time, this will provide additional confirmation to that signal. If the chikou span's location in relation to the price curve is the opposite of the kijun sen cross's sentiment, then that will weaken the signal.

Tiktok

Comment

I fixed the conditional for the "bChikou_Span_Cross" which was wrong in previous versions.
          I included code for the "Chikou span confirmation" within the "bPrice_Kijun_Cross" conditional, as requested in your last post.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals ver2.efs

Wayne
          Last edited by waynecd; 11-14-2013, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Great stuff Wayne . . . already operating on my charts and the signals have been reduced significantly by filtering further with the the Chikou Span condition. They have also become far more accurate at first glance . . . further testing will tell and I'll keep you informed.

Tiktok

Comment

I just edited a minor error so download ver2 again.

In the version below I added a conditional within "bKumo_Breakout" to add a second signal.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals ver3.efs

Wayne
              Last edited by waynecd; 11-14-2013, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Removed "Kumo_Breakout" duplicate in the return statement and set the correct offset for the "Chikou Span" in signals.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals ver4.efs

Wayne
                Last edited by waynecd; 11-14-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Wayne tnx for all the time and work you've put into improving the Ichimoku efs. you're a gentleman and a scholar!

Dos

Comment

Truly excellent work Wayne . . . it just gets better and better . . . if there was a "thumbs up" I'd have given you loads for all your hard work . . .

Comment

Dos & Tiktok,

Yw.

Note of caution:
                      When comparing the DJIA ($INDU in eSignal) ichimoku signals from chart at http://www.ichimokutrader.com/,
                      it has fewer signals than my revisions to the ichimoku study. It is clear that additional filters are needed. Problem is I don't know what they are since I don't trade using ichimoku and the only reference I used is the one found at http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html.

Wayne
                      Last edited by waynecd; 11-15-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Dos & Tiktok,

Yw.

Note of caution:
                        When comparing the DJIA ($INDU in eSignal) ichimoku signals from chart at http://www.ichimokutrader.com/,
                        it has fewer signals than my revisions to the ichimoku study. It is clear that additional filters are needed. Problem is I don't know what they are since I don't trade using ichimoku and the only reference I used is the one found at http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html.

Wayne
                        I see some minor differences Wayne but that's all . . . "signals" are "alerts" and not instructions after all . . . any final decision to press the button is with the individual and I can't see any of your EFS signals being invalid in my interpretation of the rules, so perhaps it's in the interpretation.

At present I'm running the EFS in conjunction with my regular and more traditional analysis tools, and where they marry up it has been extremely positive in the results.

Don't work too hard . . . it's commendable work you have done and I'm sure anyone who comes across the EFS will be extremely grateful to you.

I'll continue to demo it for the meanwhile and let you know how things go . . . if I get a chance over the next few weeks of the trial, I'll post some attachments of charts to highlight some pertinent successes (and perhaps failures too) along with some info.

All the best,
                        Tiktok

Comment

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals ver6.efs updated!
                          This version matches what is on http://www.ichimokutrader.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	242924

I hear you Tiktok, since I started it, I'll play around with it for a bit.

Wayne
                          Last edited by waynecd; 11-15-2013, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Wayne . . . not sure if it's me but that last version above is freezing my screen and causing esignal to crash :-(

Comment

I edited ver 6 above (it works fine now) and found that the drawLineRelative on lines 736 and 747 don't like it if I use PS_DASH instead of PS_SOLID. That is a bug with eSignal.

I'll report it.

Note that the lower case "s" and "c" (in cyan rectangles) are not the signals like the upper case equivalents, they just mark where offset triggered.

Wayne
                              Last edited by waynecd; 11-15-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Wayne I've added the efs too a Watch list like a Watch-list radar. it gives off a value depending on the signal

Example : with TK Cross enabled a "-1" would be a weak bearish TK Cross above the Kumo

will that value stay the same until the next signal triggers?

Comment

Working...
                                X