Ichimoku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dos,

No, the signal resets to 0 once the condition is no longer true. The variables that track those values are local variables so they don't retain the triggered values.

Wayne

Comment

This version automatically sets the position of the signals.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array Forum ver7.efs

Wayne
      Last edited by waynecd; 11-16-2013, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Tnx for the updated version Wayne, not sure if this is a bug or just an issue on my end

Click image for larger version

Name:	EUR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	242927

the kumo too the left gets pulled down too 0

Comment

Good eye,

The rounding function, when passed a null value as a parameter, returned a value of 0 instead of null.
          This version fixes that issue.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array Forum ver8.efs

Wayne
          Last edited by waynecd; 11-16-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Dos,

Wayne I've added the efs too a Watch list like a Watch-list radar. it gives off a value depending on the signal

Example : with TK Cross enabled a "-1" would be a weak bearish TK Cross above the Kumo

will that value stay the same until the next signal triggers?
            I created a version that should automatically detect if it is on a watchlist or on a chart and act accordingly.
            If I understood your comment above, you wanted the last signal to remain in the watch list until a new signal is generated instead of popping up at the moment of trigger and then disappearing.
            I coded var9 to retain the last signals until a new signal is generated.

NOTE: Since the watchlist only displays in real time, I haven't been able to test it yet.

Here it is:

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array WL Forum ver9.efs

Wayne
            Last edited by waynecd; 11-17-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

if the last signals weren't retained, would the signals trigger and disappear instantly or would they remain until a new bar started?

Tnx Wayne, with the addition of the Watchlist feature you've gone above and beyond. look forward too testing it this coming week

Comment

Here is the last version (other than minor debugs).

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array WL Forum ver10.efs

I tested it on a 10T chart and watchlist to minimize time. Longer interval testing would be good.

Wayne
                Last edited by waynecd; 11-18-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Ichimoku requires calculations based on an offset (default=26 bars) but since the watchlist only works in real time it won't load a signal to the watchlist until enough new bars plot after the study is loaded which comes out to 3 times the 26 bar offset or 78 bars. It is the same amount of bars needed to start the ichimoku plot from the first bar on the chart. This can be seen if you load the script on a 2 min (or other interval) chart with a 2 day dynamic time template, the lines will draw starting at bar 78. The same applies to the watchlist. Seventy eight new bars have to load after the efs study is loaded before signals post on the watch list.

I would have expected the watch list to plot immediately once the chart first loads up to the current bar since both the watchlist and efs use the exact same return values and signals are already drawn on the chart. I loaded the efs study concurrently on a 2 min chart (2 day dynamic time template) and on a watchlist (setting the watchlist study time template to 2 min) for direct comparison. There doesn't seem to be a way around that requirement.

Wayne

Comment

Wayne tnx again for all the time and work you've put into this project.

Dos

Comment

Yw Dos,

I fixed the "Senkou Span Cross" signal.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array WL Forum ver13.efs

I think I'm pretty much done. At least with the little I've read about ichimoku signals.

If, during the next couple of weeks you find issues with it, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

Wayne
                      Last edited by waynecd; 11-19-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Wayne . . . far beyond the call of duty . . . if I could pin a medal on you I would . . . many thanks TT :-)

Comment

Yw Tiktok,

The site at http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html only displays one signal of each type (T,K,B,S,C).
                          To reproduce this feature and complete this efs I added a menu item "Only Draw Last Signal" to only select the last signal of each type instead of a signal for each type and direction.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array WL Forum ver16.efs

Wayne
                          Last edited by waynecd; 11-19-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Tiktok,

Chikou span confirmation
                            As with the tenkan sen/kijun sen cross strategy, the savvy Ichimoku trader will make good use of the chikou span to confirm any kijun sen cross signal. Each of the three classifications of the kijun sen cross outlined above can be further classified based on the chikou span's location in relation to the price curve at the time of the cross. If the cross is a "Buy" signal and the chikou span is above the price curve at that point in time, this will add greater strength to that buy signal. Likewise, if the cross is a "Sell" signal and the chikou span is below the price curve at that point in time, this will provide additional confirmation to that signal. If the chikou span's location in relation to the price curve is the opposite of the kijun sen cross's sentiment, then that will weaken the signal.
                            So that the default settings match the ichimoku website I added menu item "Adjust Ks Signal Relative To Ck" and set the default to false.
                            Just set it to true if you want the price/Kijun Cross" adjusted based on ChikouSpans position relative to the price/Kijun cross point.

I also changed the default setting for the "bSenkou_Span_Cross" signal to true (I had set it to false while debugging) so it shows the signal by default.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array WL Forum ver17.efs

Wayne
                            Last edited by waynecd; 11-20-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks Wayne . . . all up and running :-)

Comment

Yw.

A minor tweak to the vertical positioning of signals.

ichimoku-forward w Bkgd Color Intercept w signals Array WL Forum ver18.efs

Wayne
                                Last edited by waynecd; 11-21-2013, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X