Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWS...I am releasing my "Favourite Code"...for Code Conversion !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digs

Digs:
    I was very surprised at your "shot" at Chris. I have work with Chris on a number of projects, one that is just finishing up and I have found him to to very professional and open with his knowledge. Furthermore, he has posted an many efs on his file share.
    Harndog

Comment

CHRIS I AM SORRY..I surrender, please put me back on your christmas card list...

Ok..thats it from me.

Comment

Example of AMZN with 5 min bars
        Attached Files

Comment

One thing I used to do in Ts2000i was have the code calculate on 5 min bars on a 1 minute chart. ( ..this was not easy as I had to use 3rd party tools)

Is there a way the code can do this on 1 minute chart, BUT the high,lows, close are based on a 5 min chart data. ???

Comment

Global Variables

Digs:
            I believe you can do this using global variables. Chris posted how to do this in this thread:
            http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...3&goto=newpost[/URL]
            Harndog

Comment

So you have one chart ( 5min ) open with code calculating, and sending ouput data to the other chart (1 min )

I do not wish to have the 5 min chart showing the stop lines, so I guess I have the code in the 5 min chart with NO plotting function, would this work ???

Comment

MY ATTEMP AT USING GLOBAL VARIABLES

PUT to global variable code attached
                Attached Files

Comment

GET to global variable code attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

The put code is the same as rmClean code with the set up of transfer of two variables
                    1) The Stop value
                    2) The position : 1 for long, 2 for short

In the GET code the user still has the rights to set COLOR and BARTHICKNESS.

I know the Stop value is a Array, but I transferred it as a single value, this may not be correct. Anyway I loaded the PUT code onto a 5 min Chart, thats work fine. Loaded the GET code onto a 1 min chart, nothing was showing (??$#?$#)

In the GET code I did not do NULL checks or data error checks to make sure the position code was 1 or 2 and not zero, or that the stop code was greater zero, because I dont have a clue on how to do that.

So could some one please give me a hand and review my code.

Thx

Comment

Check out this link on Bulletin Board Etiquette

Comment

See if this link helps. Click here
                        Last edited by FibbGann; 02-22-2004, 10:52 PM.
                        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Digs,
                          I am posting 2 files, one in this post and one immediatel to follow.

This is named AlmostDantonStop fileio 1.efs.

You need to run this study on your longer time frame chart (15 minute I believe you said).
                          It will plot the Stop values on the 15 min chart and write them to a file which will be named AlmostDantonStop_1.txt and will reside in your eSignal\Formulas\Formula Output folder, most likely.

rmclean
                          Attached Files

Comment

Digs,
                            Here is the second file. It is named AlmostDantonStop fileio 2.efs.

You need to run this one on your smaller time frame chart (5 minutes, I think you said)

It will read the values written to the file by the former efs you ran on the longer term chart.
                            It will then plot those values on the shorter time frame chart.

I have not tested this extensively, so it is still pretty raw.

I will probably be going skiing this coming week, and I don't know how much time I will be able to devote to this for awhile...

good luck and let me hear any feedback.

rmclean
                            Attached Files

Comment

rmClean, I see that you have use the write to file method, my reading says one can use "Global variables", like the code attempt that I have tried. So how come you have not used this approach.

Good work though !

Cheers

Comment

rmclean, had a go with your files, however loading up the receiving chart was very slow, I feel that this would be too slow in realtime. My have to work more with global variable idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X