Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWS...I am releasing my "Favourite Code"...for Code Conversion !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this thread and even the BB politics as well...

Question: Is the Super Indicator script in question (which was removed from the "All My Tools" thread by Digs at the request of others for want of the proper contributing authors' names the same EFS as the original ratio EFS (which was in two parts incorporating GET)?

If not, Digs, can you tell me how I might try it. I'd like to see if it works on any futures contracts....

Thanks...and I appreciate everyone's work!!

Parker
    Parker

Comment

I use super indicator as a trend identifier

Put It on 5 min charts

Setting
      close
      close

If super of 50 bull,under bear, I use on 25 small charts and I scan them for bulls and bears. Not signals.

Comment

For Digs

Digs, was looking over some stuff, very nice. I tried to find your "All my tools, help your self..." thread but could not find it. If you could email me the zip to [email protected] it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
        Jason

Comment

Digs, could you send it to me also? [email protected]
          Thanks,
          chris

Comment

Me too

Can you send it to me as well?

[email protected]

Thanks.

Comment

Download RatioStop Code
              Attached Files

Comment

I guess ignorance is bliss for some people!
                Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

It's not ignorance. Please try not to make statements as such. We understand where the code came from and we understand who made it and now we are just trying to get ahold of it. Nothing more. Just to add, I in all honesty respect the work you have contributed to the board.
                  Last edited by BakedWafer; 06-06-2004, 06:01 PM.

Comment

BakedWafer.

It's not ignorance. Please try not to make statements as such. We understand where the code came from and we understand who made it and now we are just trying to get ahold of it. Nothing more. Just to add, I in all honesty respect the work you have contributed to the board.
                    Yes it is, The code provided in the zip file is not the original. If you open the superindicator.efs and read the comments at the top. You will see what I am refering too. The efs has been modified and has not been noted properly. Also the efs name is the same; leading to 2 versions on the board. It is a very simple concept, with a very simple change that could have been done many of times. I have no problems with people changing the code to their liking. It's is the lack of respect for others on this board. Some may know about the differences, but new comers may not.
                    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

• Fibbgann,

I was agreeing with you so there is no reason for the response. All I was saying is we are all very aware of your contributions towards the code and towards the board. Although, there have been changes made that have not been credited to you, some of us are still looking to check out the efs code that was slightly modified by digs. By defintion we would not be ignorant because we are indeed not uneducated nor uninformed and are well acquanited with the facts behind the EFS. I also understand new comers might not know the difference and I agree with you. I give credit where credit is due and in this case thank you FibbGann for anything contributed. I look forward to anything you may offer to us in the future. . .

Regards

Originally posted by FibbGann
                      BakedWafer.

Yes it is, The code provided in the zip file is not the original. If you open the superindicator.efs and read the comments at the top. You will see what I am refering too. The efs has been modified and has not been noted properly. Also the efs name is the same; leading to 2 versions on the board. It is a very simple concept, with a very simple change that could have been done many of times. I have no problems with people changing the code to their liking. It's is the lack of respect for others on this board. Some may know about the differences, but new comers may not.
                      Last edited by BakedWafer; 06-09-2004, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Ratio Stop and its uses

To everyone who uses this study, I was wondering how you are using it? Are you combining it with other indicators? if so, which ones. I find that it works great at finding an entry point on a pullback, and is sometimes good at finding the beginning of a trend reversal. I'm just curious how others are using it.

Thanks.

Comment

• I've been trying to get the ratio stop to sound alerts when the price hits the long stop and short stop, or at least when the stops flip, similar to what was recently done with the Parabolic SAR efs. It looked fairly straght-forward with the PSAR but so far, all I've managed to do is to get it to beep continuously or not at all. Can some one please provide a code fragment hint that'll get the beeps out at the right time?

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

• It took a bit more trial and error but I finally managed to get the "pop.wav" and "error.wav" alerts to sound at the right times. Hopefully the one bar delay in calculating the stop/alert is an artifact of the Bar Replay tool. I won't know until tomorrow morning when the realtime data starts up again. Anyone know if the built-in PSAR calculates on close or on each tick? It doesn't seem to have the calc delay.

Comment

• MattS
                              AFAIK the builtin Parabolic SAR computes on every tick.
                              As an aside you don't need to wait until tomorrow to try out your efs. Use Tick Replay to test it out tick by tick.
                              Alex

Comment

• Tick replay works great! Jeez, I gotta experiment more with some of these features that are staring me in the face all day :^) Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X