Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically, i set the chart up to best define for me the risk/reward setup I would like to see. IF this is an a-b-c correction completed, it should now drop more now. The previous W4 MOB is best for this setup, but is only defines the pivoting action of the a-b-c. It does not explain why the last 'c' wave within the wave 4 was not contained. When you look back a little further you can see another lower level wave 4. I applied this mob to see where it comes in. It defines for me, some visual reasoning why 'c' wave within wave 4 could be contained. The aggressive Short explains the aggressive timing of a short idea at that time and price before the pivot is set. We have the blue w4 channel. If I used the ellipse from 'b' it would be because it looked to me like it could have been a tad bit lower than where W3 is currently labeled. If you go back and look at former Trader's Outlook posts, maybe even some older posts in the AGET User group, you might see a few more examples where we do a manual trendline to coincide with a w4 channel... we take from w2 and draw a line that best intercects with the last part of the w4 channel. It is something Andy Bushak would be able to teach you at one of their AGET seminars if it is ever in the area. It is only a subjective way of extending the w4 channels further out as a guide. Any time you want to get a quicker entry, always go to a shorter-term time frame and bet you when you do this you will figure out how this entry could be defined as close as possible to a stop. In this case, look at the hourly, 30, 15 min charts and see if you can find the better entry than say a daily 6/4 or RTC break.

The bottomline in all this, I stongly believe in this setup, and as shown, it defines best for me the risk/reward I am willing to act on if I had only seen it a little earlier. It is a quick trade idea I have high confidence in, as defined.

Originally posted by mooseman
    Thanks for the chart it helps a little. Don't need to apologize for being busy.

If you get some time later I could use an explanation of the MOB here as the stop. I see now that it was drawn off a pivot back in the previous primary 5 wave sequence, the W4 of Sept 30. Since there were so many other pivots since then I cannot guess why that one is valid to use.

I now see how you got the stop elipse. Started at Primary W2 and end at low pivot B following Primary W3. I wonder the reasoning for using B and not W3 or coming forward from W2 to the next high pivot say at 4 on 4/13/03.

Lastly, your entry trigger may be based on a single blue descending line. This could be a manually drawn line but is not clear how you chose your data points.

I have hopes of forming some additional guidlines from the experience of experts.
    Thanks again.
    Dave
    Marc

Comment

• One more thing I forgot to mention. If this setup fails to follow-through quickly and drop lower, we still have the Normal Ellipse(s) to monitor for any later little rally to arrive. This would set up a better short idea later if this idea does not pan out as expected.
      Marc

Comment

• One more thing that might have weighted into this decision. I believe the chip sector is in a corrective mode. When you look at stocks within that sector you will see similar patterns. Look, for example at TSM. While it has a more complex wave structure, I am under the impression the gaps lower, and down trend action reflects more weakness building in this sector. I just try to pick some stocks within that sector are cleaner and easier to figure out Type 1 ideas, or define reasonable risk/rewards within the basic Type 1 premises. CY fit that criteria.
        Marc

Comment

• Sorry Dave, i overlooked this question you asked earlier.... yes and no. Technicals take priority over fundamentals for me. I always respect the aggregate fundamentals behind something. But when I was in business school one of the things I noticed when learning the basics behind fundamentals, they tend to be lagging indicators. Technicals seem to define more realistic trading parameters than fundamentals. I also find the more I understand about a market or stock, the better my technical judgement becomes. Another thing I like about fundamentals-- if earnings reports are coming out, I am always interested in knowing that. For example, one time a former boss's broker called and talked him into buying 10,000 shares of Lotus. The broker did not tell us the earnings were coming out that night. If memory is correct, Lotus opened down $10 the next day. I managed to help my former boss salvage it back to breakeven by telling him not to buy more shares until it dropped lower and hit my target. He was able to average his way out of that mess, but if his broker would have been honest and told us earnings were coming out in 8 hours, we would have handled that position a lot differently.

Originally posted by mooseman
          Marc,
          Do you ever use any fundamentals as a re-enforecment to take a technical setup? What do you think of NUS, I think it looks interestnig on daily and 60 min and it has very decent ratings on IBD.

Thanks for the help.
          Dave
          Marc

Comment

• Wondering if CPS daily is a Type 1 Buy setup, for a couple bucks or so?

Noticing also EVG has a similar pattern?
            Marc

Comment

• Posting charts

One of the many things I have yet to discover about AGET is how to save a chart in html format so I can post charts here and send via email. I use the EOD version.

Just as an aside, my data shows a ** serious ** trend change about to take place in the S&Ps within the next 24-48 hours. We'll see.

Comment

• Hi jims_id,

You don't need to save the chart in HTML format; something like a .PNG or .GIF will work just fine. You may want to try SnagIt by TechSmith. It's a pretty handy tool for capturing full screen shots or small regions of your screen (like chart windows). They have a trial version and the full functioning version is fairly priced.

Comment

• Jim,

Here is another way to capture a chart to post here....

Do a <Print Screen> and then paste it into a paint program such as MS Paint, or Paint Shop Pro. Then save it as PNG file, or some other format.

Also, it is tricky to do, but if you have the older EOD, you use to be able to capture an image internally by hitting <Ctrl><G>. The negative thing is it only works if you resize your screen and/or change your pixel resolution to a lower setting. If you play with the settings enough, it will work for you.
                  Marc

Comment

• $OSX... daily chart, interesting...
                    Marc

Comment

• $OIX and $XOI, also interesting.... just a little tricker to figure out trading parameters.
                      Marc

Comment

• I keep coming across the ImClone Systems (IMCL) daily chart. Isn't that the same stock that got the boss and Martha Stewart in trouble?

One reason why I don't pay serious attention to sensational news, it leads often to only seeing the negative side of issues.

If we can ever train ourselves to better control our emotions, and to see more pragmatically from both negative and positive points of view, in the long-run we most cetainly will become more successful as traders/investors.
                        Marc

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about CLB? Why the pop up today?
                          Marc

Comment

• Hi Marc

Looks like it got initiated/re-evaluated by Ferris Baker Watts to a buy.

Comment

• Thanks Duane. Will have to check it out more later tonight to see if there is anything to it other than just an upgrade. I don't normally trust upgrades.

Hey Duane, could you please tell Jay, Andy, Walter I said hello... It has been a while.
                              Marc

Comment

• After a few months getting prepared, I am finally did it... I took my first trade!
                                Bought 200 shares of IMO, filled @ $45.42. My first target is the $50.00 area.

I shouldn't be so proud of myself until I make some money, right?
                                Anyway, it kind of feels good to be back in the action again.

Best wishes, hope you all have a good weekend.

Marc
                                Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X