Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems: eSignal SLOW speed loading data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh ok, thank you. Don't seem to have IB delays that I can tell. No execution problems.

I used to use Esignal years ago on a much slower machine over a modem (if you can believe it!) and hardly ever had issues.

The issue today if they care started about 2:22 est. Had enterd a short on Q and since my charts had been working well for a few days I was watching the chart, and wondering, hmm, I wonder why it is pausing so long? that's odd -- look down at iB and the market has already moved 10-15c. Sheesh. There is no way I could trade a fast market with this data!

Comment

• If TCP-IP (network records containing the data transfered and related network information) packets are being dropped because of a bandwidth, routing, or hardware problem this occurs on a system wide basis, ie, all network related applications are effected, usually equally.
      This is only true if you know the network paths are the same. On the internet, different routes can have dramatically different performance implications.

Knowing this is why I ran the tests described in another thread. I know that eSignal has server farms around the country, and that when you restart eSignal you may connect to a different set of servers. When running netstat, I can show a very different number of hops, with dramatically different delays per hop, depending on which set of servers I connect to.

Garth
      Last edited by gspiker; 04-02-2008, 04:18 PM.
      Garth

Comment

• Ah.

I would like the server farm next door to IB, please. Do you somehow keep track of which server you want or do you just have to try a few? I can't tell when the proglems will occur.

Comment

• Lisa23,

It was trial and error, with lots of restarts of eSignal. Once I found a range of IP's addresses (servers) that worked well, I just keep trying to reconnect to them when I run into problems. It is a pain, and not a real, long term solution.

Garth
          Garth

Comment

• Ok thanks, I appreciate the info.

Comment

• Can you please confirm that I am connected to the trades only server as I am I still having issues with charts loading slow and sometimes not at all

Thank you

Originally posted by ahodgee
              Hi Patch,
              Sorry for the delay in answering we wanted to do some through checks before replying.

I have done continuous monitoring of the servers you've been connecting to and testing different equity instruments on those servers. Other then a 2 second delay on AAPL on Tuesday which corrected itself rather quickly we have not seen any other delays.

If you continue to see delays from your side please contact Technical Support so that we can do proper troubleshooting for see what the problem is.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

• download 7.9.1

Hi

Download esignal 7.9.1 and you will not have these problems anymore. This one has the old data function that actually functions. It is a step back, but it works.

the link is:

thevinman

Comment

• Re: download 7.9.1

I am still using esignal 8 with no problems.
                  Download here

Originally posted by thevinman
                  Hi

Download esignal 7.9.1 and you will not have these problems anymore. This one has the old data function that actually functions. It is a step back, but it works.

the link is:

thevinman

Comment

• Hello,

Can you estimate the bandwidth requirement according to the esignal data packet format, the number of symbols being watched, the typical number of ticks per minute or per second during a busy period? Giving certain information, if it quite easy to estimate when the link speed on user side (the dsl speed, cable modem, whatever) should be blamed and when it is not.

Lisa, FloridaDude and Glen, could you post the watchlist when you experienced the delay and how many charts were open at that time?

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by ahodgee
                    Hi Lisa23,

Though we have admitted to delays in the early part of March, the last few weeks have shown that the corrections we’ve made are working. With some of the new implementation we now can see when records are not making it the user’s desktop. In your case we see that you’ve dropped just over 2million records over 3 hours that you’ve been connected. This could be happening anywhere along the line of Internet connectivity and or at the desktop level. I see you have a good machine but depending on what other applications you have running this can reduce the amount of memory you have left for eSignal. Like the memory, your Internet Connection also has to be shared, and if you’re requesting too much than your alloted bandwidth can handle, it’s possible that packets/records may be lost. For additional reference regarding overall performance, please see the following KB article.

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1639&p=1

Comment

• Hi Clearpicks,

I've been reducing my watch list in an attempt to improve the delays. My bare minimum these is NQ #F, AB #F, ES #F, RIMM TWM, IWM, QID SDS, APPL, BIDU, FSLR.

If you actually calculate the size based on time and sales over the course of a day for those symbols, given the 1mb/sec internet connection the amount of data shoud not be a problem at all.
                      Glen Demarco
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Hi

I only have 4 advanced charts open, 5m, 15m, daily (or 60 or other longer term) and one tick/trin chart on a 3m bar.

I currently have quite a few stocks in my quote window, I would estimate about 25, plus the idices, A/D for Nas and ID, and VIX. However, I have had problems even when I close the quote window altogether.

Today I even deleted ALL my S/R etc. lines to see if that was an issue (although, if I can't use lines, what is the point???) and I still saw delays.

I think we can agree today was not a high volume day (at least pace did not seem like it I have not acutally compared volume numbers on various things).

I also have to reiterate that when I started using Esignal again in I think late Dec. early Jan, I had NONE of these issues. I don't think things were significantly different then so far as the volume, pace, etc.

Lisa

Comment

• I must have gotten lucky today and connected to the "good" servers, because I didn't notice any lag.

Here's my setup, BTW. Two 21" Viewsonic LCD's driven by an EVGA 8800 GTS.

Sorry it's so small, but the forum restricts large files.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Wow.

I noticed some once but not like the other day. I think today the pace was very slow, even in IB prices seemed stuck sometimes at those various pivot points.

Comment

• More lags today, 2-3s.

Are they going to fix this or should we all just bail?

Comment

• Hi Lisa,

Overall, reports of delays have dropped off dramatically. We are still getting a few though so we know we're not out of the woods quite yet. We did see some areas of concern when we looked at your connections so we'd really like to troubleshoot more with you if possible. If you can get back to us or give us a good time to contact you, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X