Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems: eSignal SLOW speed loading data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That message is not familiar to me. Please post a screenshot.

Also, if you could answer the other questions, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks.

Comment

• Update:

We've now completed a series of network improvements to address delays and slow intraday chart retrievals. Please report any issues that you come across in regards to either of these two subjects.

We also completed upgrades in regards to our CME connectivity so we don't anticipate any further issues with CME-traded contracts.

Thanks to all for you patience last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottJ
        Update:

We've now completed a series of network improvements to address delays and slow intraday chart retrievals. Please report any issues that you come across in regards to either of these two subjects.

We also completed upgrades in regards to our CME connectivity so we don't anticipate any further issues with CME-traded contracts.

Thanks to all for you patience last week.

QCOM BIG DELAYS and a couple of other, same old story..., about 20 seconds delay

just give me a call at 0031644942456

Comment

• I'm still have esignal lagging IB for ES #F. The data manager is also still showing the last trade price as occuring as much as 6 seconds into the future vs my computer clock. Whatever you did to the system hasn't fixed this issue.

Comment

• Scott, what latency should we expect in the Data Manager?
            Here are a few samples from the ES Open (times are GMT), there are quite a lot more

PHP Code:
             Status,  PC Clock,                         SNTPE,TimeErr,              Last,  RtClockRtDiff,PC Diff,    Max,Overall1SecWorse 
             Sample
            ,  13:30:2313:30:23.080/9.0/+77/30      ,      013:30:16-03/11/0813:30:17,      1,      7,      7,     16,      7
             Sample
            ,  13:30:2413:30:24.149/0.1/+78/46      ,      013:30:18-03/11/0813:30:18,      0,      6,      7,     16,      6
             Sample
            ,  13:30:2513:30:25.024/1.0/+78/46      ,      013:30:19-03/11/0813:30:19,      0,      6,      7,     16,      
            The data displayed in the DM Symbol Monitor is interrogated several times a second. The presumption is that during this first minute of trading the trades occur at least as frequently every second or so, hence any differences of more than a second or two are not just rounding or noise.

What this says is that the Last Time stamp displayed in the DM Symbol Manager for ES trades just after the open was 7 seconds late when compared with both PC Clock and an SNTP source, The RtTime matched the Last time. As the clocks have been rounded to 1 second there is an expected error of +-1.

7 Seconds seems a lot to me? It agrees with Brian's post too. Subsequent delays may be worse, I haven't checked the logs properly.

From pervious posts I understand that this DM display is unaffected by eSignal delays.

Key:
            PC Clock = PC Clock,
            SNTPE = Time from an SNTP source, read every 10 seconds then extrapolated and updated every second, the +NN figure is the PC Clock vs SNTP error in ms, the figure following is the RTT for the SNTP request so gives a guide to SNTP accuracy (at the client).
            TimeErr = PC Clock error in seconds (for large errors) vs SNTPE
            Last - time from "Last" on DM.
            RtClock- time from "RtTime" on DM
            RtDiff - Last vs Rt Time diff (secs)
            PC Diff - Last vs PC Clock error
            Max = Worse error since threshold triggered.
            Overall = Worse since started (this is a bit erroneous here as it includes pre-market slow trade
            SecWorse = Worse difference in a 1 sec samples

Dave
            Last edited by Dave180; 03-11-2008, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• We are seeing 3-4 second delays on US stocks but no delays on AB or ES. Operators are aware and we are investigating.

Sebastian, we tried calling you but it just rang through.

Dave and Brian, please PM me your usernames or contact info so we have it.

Thx

Comment

• I've had it, every day the same problem. Delays in almost every stock. I've checked the DM and the time on my machine and i see that there is a delay of min 7 seconds up to 30 seconds. IB has also a clock connected to an atom clock and is the same time as my computer...
                So it is still a server problem i suppose. A couple of your colleagues and spoke to them on the phone and now what my problem is.

This is costing me money, i know that you guys are working on it but it takes to long for me right now...

You guys also tell us to notice any delays, but to who? Is there a direct number? Liverep doesn't seems to understand a thing i say about the delays and the forum is not always visited by a mod or admin.

I left my number in a previous post so you can contact me directly.

If it is not fixed at the end of this week im moving on to another.

Comment

• Should I check the option "Synchronize Computer Clock" in Time Synchronization window in DM? I already let Windows automatically synchronize with time-a.nist.gov. I am afraid that eSignal DM would synchronize my computer time with esignal server time if I keep that option checked in eSignal DM.

Comment

• Hi Clearpicks,

We ask that you do put the check mark just so we know we all have the same time.

Our data manager uses a simular system that you do to keep accurate time. Since many of our users do not use an atomic time keeper to ensure they keep the correct time we request that they synchronize with us. This helps us verify accurate time across all systems.

AveryH

Comment

• Hello,

What would hapeen if eSignal DM synchronizes my local computer clock to a incorrect time? Besides the quote lagging, any other weird thing would happen? I think eSignal is still able to build correct candlestick bars even if when it experience quote delay, right? Is every tick from eSignal timestamped with exchange time or eSginal server time? What would happen if my local computer time is ahead or behind the eSignal server time as well as the exchange time?

- Clearpicks

Comment

• Again I have major problems with esignal. Just now it took 1 min 43 seconds to load up JASO in my 5 min chart.

Many times T&S gets stuck and lags behind 6-9 seconds. I base my entry on T&S, so if it doesnt work I dont get to work.

Please check on this esignal, because I am running out of patience.

thevinman

PS: this is the third time today I tried to post this on the forum, but I cant get it submitted.

Comment

• Clearpicks,
                          Sorry for the delay in answering. It would be very unlikely that the data manager would loose time. But if by chance it did and you were synchonizing with the it, you would still receive the data in real time in most of the windows (T&S, Quote and Detail Windows).

The area which you would see the biggest impact when the DM is not synchonized is in the charts. The Tick server will populate the chart with the historical data but the mojority of the time the chart will not update in real time. To get the new data users would have to continuely refresh the chart.

Hope this helps with understanding the importance of synchonizing the PC with the DM.

AveryH
                          eSignal Suppor

Comment

• Avery,

You are describing exactly what I'm experiencing with some of my charts when I bring them up in the morning just before the market opens.

One or two of my charts will have all of the requisite history data, but when the market opens at 9:30 AM EST, the real-time data doesn't update the chart. I know there's nothing wrong with the data feed because I can use a 3rd party app like Amibroker and there are no update problems with the same timeframe charts.

I've tried rebuilding the charts but it's a hit or miss on which mornings those charts will or will not update in real-time.

If I refresh the charts, sometimes that brings them "back to life" and other times it doesn't.

I'm using vers 8.2. I backed off of the lastest ver 10 release because I was saw several times where the eSignal charts were lagging the prices that Interactive Brokers was showing.

I never saw this problem in the last release of 7.9 (but I did prior to 7.9), then I went to vers 10 and didn't see the problem, but then backed off to vers 8.2 and it happens again.

What's the best thing I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

• Avery,

As a follow-up, I just checked the Data Manager and I do have the "Synchronize Computer Clock" box checked.

However, I looked at the Windows Time and Data Properties dialog box and, in the Internet Time tab (I'm using XP Pro SP2), I also have the "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server" also checked.

Me thinks I had better uncheck that Windows-related time synchronization checkbox and rely 100% on the DM's time synchronization.

Is that the culprit to my real-time chart update problem?

Comment

• Hi Steve,

There's another area you'll want to also check.

Time Zone- Confirm you have the correct time zone for your area,

Automatically adjust clock for Day Light Saving Change- this is important now that we just switched over. This could set you back an hour if you do no have the correct Time Zone or you manually adjust your clock.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions.

AveryH
                                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                                X