No Eurex Tic Data in the Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Eurex Tic Data in the Morning

When I try and set up my pages in the morning last couple of days, I get NO DATA on EUREX markets.

Data is not available until much later when it is too late to prepare for the day.

At least one other user I know is having the same problem.

Afre you aware of this and is it being addressed? When?

Hi Momentum,

This is an interesting case as I have had no other reports. Would it be possible for me to ring you and fix the below issue?

Please let me know

Kind regards,

Graeme Ballard
    eSignal Support
    Graeme Ballard,
    eSignal Support

Comment

Same again

No tic data again this morning.

Its 6am London. Yesterday I couldn't get tic data until about 8.25am London. I didn't change anything so it must be your end. Give me a number to phone and I'll call you.

Comment

I just pulled up AX U3-DT and AX A0-DT and tick data filled right in. Our London office opens at 7:00 am GMT so please give them a call and they'll see what server you're connected to and see if they can reproduce as well.

Our Support Contact information can always be found by clicking on the Support tab in eSignal Central, then choose Contact Us.

Thanks.

Comment

If Fabrizio is correct, the data will be available at 7am because the GBund opens at 7am.

Comment

I just ran a test where I changed my PC clock to GMT and altered the time 8 hours ahead ( I'm in California ). I then pulled up eSignal and initially, the tick chart for AX U3-DT indicated "no data". A moment later, I refreshed the chart ( hold ctrl key down and click status box that says no data and/or OK ). Status immediately went to green OK and data filled-in instantly.

The data is clearly sitting on our servers. Hopefully some more direct troubleshooting will help us isolate the issue.

Thanks.

Comment

I refresh till my finger's sore Scott. Do we hit different servers here? If so, you probably did at first after you changed your clock then hit one closer??? Must be something like this or a DNS problem finding the tic servers from our part of the world.

Comment

Which server farm you hit depends on quite a few factors. Factors include which servers are online, what services you have and most likely some formula to optimize performance. We log every server each user hits so we should be able to compare the differences between the server(s) I was accessing and the server(s) you are connecting to.

Thanks.

Comment

I just deleted the AGET studies so this may be why I'm suddenly hitting a different farm.

Comment

Well...that's not one of the services that would determine that. The permissioning bits that factor in server routing are US Options and International Equities, among others. The simple act of logging off/on can direct you to a different server because we are constantly load balancing.

Thanks.

Comment

Just spoke to London CS.

They had EXACTLY the same problem. While we spoke, GB U3 opened and the tic data was suddenly available.

I think they vare referring the problem back to you.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Anytime we can quickly reproduce a problem, it gives us a huge leg up on fixing it. We've already alerted our QA group so we'll be looking at this on Friday and will review the various servers involved.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Stranger and Stranger

Eurex tic data was OK Saturday and Sunday morning London time. I just tried to load a tic chart for et u3-dt and it only loaded some tics up tp 10:55am on 20 June (London time).

Maybe this will help you track it down. This is VERY urgent.

Comment

At first I had the same. After the first new tick for GB UT-DT came in (Bund), I could refresh my charts fully.

Edo.

Comment

Hi EdKoF,

I will be in before the markets open tomorrow and I will check the Bund and Dax. Are there any other exchanges affected or really just the EUREX you have noticed this on?

Thanks,
                              Graeme Ballard,
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X