• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurex dead for 5/7 minutes.........

Comment

• euronext dead when ISM is announced

Comment

• Letter To CEO

Here is the letter I faxed to the CEO of Interactive Data. May I suggest you make your "sufferings" known to the CEO. It will be far more effective if all of us victims voice our dissatisfaction to the CEO. After all we are paying customers and shouldn't have to put up with this nonsense that has been going on for OVER 4 weeks. The fax number is on the letter.

February 3, 2003

Mr. Stuart J. Clark,
        President and CEO,
        Interactive Data Corporation,
        22 Crosby Drive,
        Bedford, MA 01730,
        USA
        Tel: 781-687-8800.
        Fax: 781-687-8005

RE: eSignal

Dear Mr. Clark,

I would like to bring to your urgent attention the tremendous problems that customers of eSignal have been experiencing. Kindly note the following:

• Eurex/European data has been lagging real time quotes by a very wide margin - anywhere from 5 to over 10 minutes. This has resulted in a large number of losses and missed trades for traders like myself.

• This Eurex lag problem has persisted for OVER 4 WEEKS NOW and eSignal’s tech department still has not been able to fix it.

• The problem is caused by the switch from a previous third party provider of European data to direct connection to the exchanges by eSignal. However, basic common sense in switching over to a new system is to keep the old system as a back up. eSignal did NOT do this. Consequently they are testing their daily fixes “live” on us poor customers.

• At times this has resulted in over 2 hours with NO DATA!

I believe irreparable damage has now been done to the reputation of eSignal. If you check the bulletin boards, eSignal is now commonly referred to as DEAD SIGNAL.

Whoever is responsible for the above series of decisions regarding European data should, in my opinion, be fired.

Last but not least eSignal still would NOT commit to an actual schedule on when the European data lag problem will be fixed.

It will be much appreciated if you can help us suffering customers resolve this deeply disturbing situation.
        Philip Chu

Comment

• First results MT G3-MA this morning: looks very good at this moment (9.04 am).

Edo.

P.S. Too bad this was celebrated by Euronext with a 30 minute outage on the exchange
          Last edited by EdKoF; 02-04-2003, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Eurex is way behind

Eurex is way behind now

Comment

• There we go again....
              ....Dax Futures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Usa=open
                Eurex=DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ...Thought.

Is Esignal (Dax Futures) "better today" or is it simply a case of lack of strong moves in the market that ALWAYS leave Esignal playing catch-up?

....any ideas ??.

Comment

• There have been some faster moves on

AX H3-DT and ET H3-DT today and eSignal matches the original Eurex display quite nicely.

Please bear in mind that even on the Eurex machine fast markets are not necessarily reported in time, I get low or high ticks visually crossing the orderbook there too if things move really fast.

Comment

• .ach-file slow/no update??

Did anyone also experience advanced charts not updating although the .quo are ?

Maybe it's only because of some problem with the local datafeed here but I found the phenomenon quite surprising.

Comment

• Update

Work continues each day to increase the priority for the European Futures ( Eurex, Liffe and Euronext ) as well as more extensive testing to find addt'l ways to speed the data's output from the production system in London. It appears that the data is a bit more stable than in prior weeks but the problems remain as the US Markets open and the production system must "multi-task" at 2:30, 3:00 and 3:30 pm GMT.

An additional hardware i/o card will be installed over the weekend in hopes of gaining further improvements. Work also continues to process the data directly with our London Alpha system and we may be able to make the moves in stages, thereby speeding up the process.

We are also being extremely cautious in making these changes so as not to cause further outages. Therefore, we can't offer any specific time frames when we can absolutely confirm this issue will be resolved. We hope the ongoing changes improve the situation each day and when we get closer to being able to schedule the migration of the first exchange to the London Alpha, we should then be able to give a specific date.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Comment

• Esignal (Dax. Fut) MILES BEHIND - still........at US Open.

Comment

• So customers have to 'suffer' while work continues and even esginal has no idea as to when data is going to be 'reliable' again.

I already have tenfore which has a global subserver to ts and recently I am trying realtic [townsend anlytics] but it uses a 'simulation' of esig online server to work so doesn't seem to be quite as good as tenfore

My next billing date on esig is Feb 21, if problem is not fixed completely I will cancel both esig accounts.

This whole mess with esignal is a big reason why you should NEVER pay an annual subsciption as they say there is no refund if you should cancel

Only thing that european esig customers can do is get on the various lists and get the word out NOT to use esig. Of course esig wants to use just this forum as everyone here if already an esig customer. thank fully I have steered a half dozen or more customers away from esig due to this problems

Comment

• Dead Signal is Showing 2683 on Dax Futures (at the time of this message, aprox)IT SHOULD BE 2705 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dead again on Powell's words.
                                BASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X