Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MktHours.ini Errors for Nymex Symbols

Originally posted by JayF
    The correct MktHours.inf is, as of last evening, on all servers now.
    Hey Jay,

Well, ah, err...nope.
    Ops may have pushed the "publish" button, but it didn't work. As I type the back level file is, and has been all day, on the Santa Clara's.

LAM
    7/7/06 4:25 pm ET

Comment

Hmm. You're right. Ok, I'll escalate this up the Ops chain.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Okeydokie Jay,

Thanks for the feedback.

To be kinda snippy here, how 'bout telling Ops that it's allowed and OK to look and see if the button pushing actually worked.

Have a nice weekend.

LAM

Comment

They actually physically went to each server and copied the file over, but it certainly seems something over wrote that.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Looks like all is well for the MktHours.inf file now on Santa Clara servers. I've checked a number of them and they are all downloading the 7.3.2006 version.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Thanks much Jay. Appreciate.
              Yep, the 7/3 is now on the SClara's.

LAM

Comment

Split information missing for INTU (Intuit, Inc.)

Split information is missing for INTU on 7/7 for QFAI (CorpActs.unf).

It is present in CorpActs.inf.

Could CorpActs.unf be updated?
                Last edited by emboehm; 07-11-2006, 06:38 AM.
                Eric Boehm

Comment

Splits

RSP is still showing an erroneous 1 for 4 reverse split instead od a 4 for 1 split. VCBI has not been adjusted for split. How should these items be reported to get them corrected? There are publicly available sources of split information. For over $100/ month shouldn't we expect Qcharts to be reliably updated?

Comment

Re: Split information missing for INTU (Intuit, Inc.)

Originally posted by emboehm
                    Split information is missing for INTU on 7/7 for QFAI (CorpActs.unf).

It is present in CorpActs.inf.

Could CorpActs.unf be updated?
                    The CorpActs.UNF has been updated. One of my sources deleted several splits on July 3rd, this being one of them, and I found a couple of more splits than have not yet occurred that were erroroneusly deleted. Thanks for the "Heads Up". You will have to use the QFAI "Setup/Refresh UNF from Web" Menu item to get the newest UNF. Then you will have to restart QCharts before it will recognize the change.

Best regards,

~Bob

Comment

Re: Splits

Originally posted by altrades
                      RSP is still showing an erroneous 1 for 4 reverse split instead od a 4 for 1 split. VCBI has not been adjusted for split. How should these items be reported to get them corrected? .....
                      The CorpActs.INF has been slowly becoming less rigorous over the last two years. I believe eSignal has a plan to replace the CorpActs.INF with the splits source that is used in some of their other products but they have a lot of work to do and it is not going to happen overnight.

What I would suggest is that you start using QFAI which has a fairly reliable splits file. I maintain the list on a frequent basis and Bill Bledsoe has been kind enough to allow hosting on his web site. You can get loads of information from his website:

http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/Essential_Tools.htm

Best regards,

~Bob

Comment

Updates Needed to MktHours.ini File

The mkthours.ini file needs to be updated to reflect the new trade date cutoff times for the following Nymex energy products: CL, NG, HO, HU, RB, and PH. It may also be necessary to adjust market hours for their electronically-traded counterparts, but I have not checked.

Specifically, the end of the trading day formerly was 14:30 for the current day, with the next day beginning at 15:15. These rules have been changed, so that the end of the current day is now 17:15, and the next day begins at 18:00. The correct market hours for CL can be found at http://www.nymex.com/CL_spec.aspx. Also note that the abbreviated Friday session from 15:15 to 17:15 is now part of the trading day for Friday. Previously, it was considered to be part of the following Monday.

You can confirm market hours for the other products through their respective links on the Nymex website. Thank you for making these updates promptly.
                        Brian

Comment

Splits File a/o 10/31 Has Bad Data

The split information for PCU on 10/03 suddenly went missing in the latest splits information file. Everything was fine up until today. When I pulled up today's chart there suddenly was a huge red candle on the day after the 2:1 split showing the price cut in half.

How come everything was fine for all of October until today?

Comment

PCU split

Dan,

Yep, in the CorpActs split file dated today 10/31 the PCU split statement has gone missing...it's not there. FYI, I checked the file in a copy of QCharts I ran yesterday, but not today, which had a 10/30 dated file. Lo and behold the PCU split was there, twice, as in duplicated, which gave an even stranger chart. Maybe they went to fix yesterday's file and hit the delete button twice <grin>.

[Edit: Some servers have the 10/31 file, with no split. Some servers have the 10/30 file, with dup splits. This as of 10/31 around midnight ET]

Perhaps a support person can supply feedback that the error has been noticed and will be fixed.

FYI, the CorpActs file that Bob Scott maintains is OK regarding PCU. Bob's file, in gerenal, is more comprehensive, especially regarding BB: stocks. It's available as a function of QFAI(QFeed Application Interface Program). With QFAI, the file is downloaded automatically if that option is set. Additionally there is a function in QFAI to "fix" splits one's self if it's desired to have a fix like right now. The locally created split statements (to add or delete to/from the master) are merged into the master file. QFAI will notify you when the fix one has created locally has made it to the master file, and will delete the local patch. It's all there in the Help files.

In general, QFAI is a recommended utility. Especially concerning server selection options. When you have time take a trip thru the illustrated What is QFAI document, and there's a movie and webpage covering Install.

QFAI(link)

LAM

Comment

There was one server (feeding two cc's) that had an old CorpActs on it. Operations are looking into the cause, and the old file has been updated.
                              Regards,
                              Jay F.
                              Product Manager

Comment

is there anywhere that you can see all stocks that have announced splits for free? right now I'm paying breifing.com like $100 a year to see what stocks are splitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X