Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to check CorpActs.unf. It has the split for GBCI but not for WLT.
    Eric,

If you still do not see the WLT split, then you need to get the latest CorpActs.UNF. If you are using QFAI, you can download the latest CorpActs.UNF by selecting Menu Setup>Refresh UNF from Web. You will have to restart your QCharts application before the new CorpActs.UNF is recognized.

~Bob

Comment

Symbol for SOX

Hi,

Having trouble with the symbol for Philly semi index. index:SOX no longer works. If I use SOX.X it works from symbol box but using that same symbol in a quote sheet, QC changes it to :SOX.X
      adding a colon as a prefix. Please help I use this index everyday.

All other Philly exchange symbols are acting normally.

I am using 5.0.14 and have the problem on all servers that I normally use, presently on sc5

on another issue is it possible to purchase SOX data in real-time vs delayed. I'm not sure what Philly wants to charge vendors but delayed data is of little use for short term

thanks

donv

Comment

Symbol for SOX

Hi Don,

The Philly stuff was fixed in 5.1.0.19. A quotesheet entry works OK. The latest version is 5.1.0.21 and works fine for me. It's located HERE

Regarding Realtime Philly, that subscription option has not been added as yet. Not a clue when it will be added.

FWIW, I haven't used SOX for a long time. Rather I use the Semiconductor ETF. AMEX:SMH. It tracks very closely SOX, and it's arguable whether it is a better, or at least as good as a Semi sector indicator as SOX. Plus you can trade SMH. And of course it's realtime if one subscribes realtime to AMEX ($2).

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry,

I suspected you knew the solution) Is the symbol SOX.X or do I need the index: prefix too?

Yes I use SMH mostly but it's not quite the same however with SOX only available delayed....SMH, IGW are the choices for now.

I will download the latest version 5 assuming your running it without problems

thanks again as always

don

Comment

Symbol for SOX

Don,

With 5.1.0.21, you can enter into quotesheet either SOX.X or PHLX:SOX.X. Doesn't matter. When entering SOX.X, the exchange will be picked up automatically and added on.

And yeah, *.21 has been just fine for me. I recommend it.

LAM

Comment

new question

Larry thanks, I've got .21 up and running and it seems to be OK so far.

What is the latest continuum.dll that will work with 3rd party software i.e. advanced get. The CC I was using forever seems to be a problem now as many charts and symbols fail to load and the program doesn't open properly. Lately it pegs my CPU and I thought it may be related to the CC. I looked for the latest CC and did the CC update but it fails to replace any old CCdll's.

any help would be appreciated and i apologize for a question not directly related to Qcharts. It may have nothing to with Qcharts?

don

Comment

new question

Don,

I don't have, and have never had, AdvGet. So, not knowing details about it make it difficult to respond.

However <grin>, forging ahead anyhow...
                To the best of my knowledge, there's no changes in the feed of a nature that would indicate an old DLL is now inherently kaput. My old copies of QCharts (with original DLL's) run OK.

Just some random and rambling food fer thoughts here...

Is it possible that your AdvGet workspace has gone bad, got dinged? It happens sometimes with QCharts workspaces, especially if they get loaded with old Lines and whatnot.

Some symbols won't work on SantaClara-10 and 11, the so called Test machines. So avoid them unless you know whazzup with that.

Run QCharts and AdvGet concurrently with both connected to the same server. AdvGet a problem yet QCharts not, for the same symbols?
                Assuming here a not-pegged cpu.

A pegged cpu causes all kinds of problems. Can you start AdvGet to the equivalent of a blank workspace and then create a couple of charts, a simple workspace, and does that "simple and lite" workspace work OK? Some symbols, if they are currently having high trade rates due to news or whatever can drive you into a pegged state if charted with a bunch of studies and/or fields that invoke screen prints at super fast rates. In other words, when you've been pegging, has it been on an APPL, or QQQQ, or some other sym that's being wrung out by the momo folks, trading like crazy?

You can always copy/paste/replace the DLL in your AdvGet directory with the one from your QCharts directory. I would rename(ie save) your existing DLL, in case you want to reinstate it.

Again, sorry but I can't give feedback like..."My AdvGet is OK"...or similar real feedback from an equivalent environment.

LAM

Comment

another question

Thanks again, I've tried most of what you said in the past few days. It is definitely specific to AGET, QC runs fine on the same server at the same time. My AGET installed on my laptop also works fine and I copied and pasted the dll from that install to my PC and it didn't help. There must a corrupt file or something on the PC install maybe best to reinstall it's not a big deal and I can save all the pages and preferences but run the clean install first as is to make sure it works.

One thing I did not mention is when I start AGET it does not open but the task manger shows the aget.exe under processes but not under applications. When I start a second instance of AGET then it opens immediately but about 2-3 minutes later the original instance loads and that is when the CPU is pegged as soon as I click on anything in the aget program.

Thank you for trying Larry

don

Comment

Closing prices for 12/21/06 are wrong

Is there something about the wire that comes in my house? Some of my closing prices are screwed up.

For example, my quote sheet has the NYX at $100.71 (at 10:11pm), while I know the closing price was $99.48 and FDX is showing $111.06 when I know the close was $108.54. For NYX, the last candle on the 10 minute chart is at 3:50, the data window shows the close was at $99.23 and the snapshot bar shows the close at $100.71.

Currently, I'm on Santa Clara 8, but I also tried Miami 5. One clue might be that the ping times on the router list are either 0 or 65534 (SC 8 is 65534 and M 5 is 0).

As you can see, they are not off by the same multiple or even an even number or I might guess some corruption in a file or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
                    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
                    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Re: Closing prices for 12/21/06 are wrong

Looks like the feed went nuts. The annotated screenshot should explain why the Daily values are in error. Hopefully someone from Support will acknowledge the issue from this post.

LAM
                      Originally posted by grunewaj
                      Is there something about the wire that comes in my house? Some of my closing prices are screwed up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the Daily and the Weekly charts have this same problem (though the Weekly has corrected with today's open).

NASDAQ stocks seem to show the correct daily close for yesterday.

Can someone please look into this and correct yesterday's closing prices for the Daily?
                        Last edited by tradertom; 12-22-2006, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots Larry and the reports from everyone else on this thread.

We've isolated the issue that caused the incorrect closing prices on many NYSE daily issues. We are working with Comstock closely to make the necessary changes as quickly as possible.

As the fix is rolled out, we will continue to repost to this thread or as events warrant. Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.

Comment

Prob with SOX and OSX again?

I am not seeing any data or charts for INDEX:SOX.X or INDEX:OSX.X although I have been seeing them just fine until yesterday. I am clicking these symbols on a quote sheet and nothing at all is displayed (on the sheet or in a chart).

WHen I type in sox.x into the symbol box, I get ":SOX.X,D PHLX SEMICONDUCTOR SECTOR" but nothing if I prefix with INDEX:

What changed? I have not changed anything on my end that I know of. Can I get SOX and OSX back. (I am aware of SMH as a fall back.) I also looked to see if there is something that I need to subscribe to and could not find anything new there.

What is up with the PHL indices? Can I get them back?

Thanks,
                            T

Comment

Prob with SOX and OSX again?

Well, not to argue, but the INDEX:SOX.X has been kaput for quite some time. Need PHLX:SOX.X And need to be a 5.1.0.19 or higher to use PHLX: in quotesheet.

The Philly indexes are not available Realtime at this time. So SMH is a much better bet.

Follow the conversation in this thread starting with Post95061(link)

LAM

Comment

Incorrect Option Montage Data

I was looking at an option montage a few minutes ago and it does not match what either cboe.com and finance.yahoo.com have for the same symbol. Some of the strike prices have data that looks correct, but other do not. The particular strike price I was looking at showed no trades since 12/28/06 while CBOE and Yahoo data showed trades today. Obviously, the bid/ask and last trade values were also incorrect.

Can anyone help me out here? I do have real time options data on my account.

Comment

Working...
                                X