Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry,

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to create this fix for me! As always, you're a tremendous help.

Brian
    Brian

Comment

GC07G data

Thanks for the Thanks, Brian. You're most welcome.

LAM
      Originally posted by bpschultz
      Larry,
      Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to create this fix for me! As always, you're a tremendous help.
      Brian

Comment

FMD Split

FMD split on 12/4, but the split is not factored in the charts (of course, the charts are not labeled for the split either).

I find this on miami 5 and 7 (I haven't tried any others.

Hopefully someone can adjust this.

Thanks,

Jim
        When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
        -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Quote corruption

While we're on the subject of Data Integrity, I wonder if anybody has run into this situation. I've had it off and on and at the moment, it's on .

Not every time, but most times, one or more quote sheet entries get overwritten always with an emini index. This time the row that contains STLD symbol is overwritten with the NQ06U symbol but the prices (Last and Net) are STLD prices. When I click on the NQ06U symbol, it trys to display charts for it, not STLD. In one workspace, I have STLD in two quote sheets and it is overwritten on both of them. I have another workspace with STLD in a quote sheet and the same thing happens. I am running 5.1.0.21 (though I've seen it on older versions before).

I have tried the following:
          1. exported a corrected quote sheet (as a quote file) and re-imported it into the same quote sheet.
          2. exported the corrected quote sheet (as a quote file) and imported it into a fresh quote sheet.
          3. deleted the previous version of the exported quote sheet file and performed #1 and #2.
          4. corrected the quote sheet, saved the workspace, re-entered the workspace.
          5. corrected the quote sheet, exported the quote sheet (as a quote file), saved the workspace, exited Qcharts, re-entered Qcharts and if the quote sheet is corrupted (it usually is) imported the quote sheet I had exported into the original quote sheet and a fresh new quote sheet.

None of those things consisently worked. Another data point is that on one of the quote sheets, I store the date of a split in a comment column. When the row is corrupted, the date in the comment field is untouched - till I correct it, of course.

One more thing that is probably coincidental: There are a couple of symbols that when I pull them up, the Directional Movement (ADX) will not be displayed (only two thin red lines that go across the chart through the label for the indicator). Currently, this happens with ESRX, STLD, and EMC, so the two issues with STLD are coincidental, however, I do not get the quote sheet corruption with ESRX or EMC. I have reported the ADX problem and it has been reproduced, but interestingly, the problem goes away if the settings on the ADX are changed. Also, it doesn't happen on another workspace!

Does anybody have any ideas? I really don't want to start another workspace from scratch (unless someone can show me how to transfer lines from charts on one workspace to another.

Thanks,

Jim
          When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
          -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I see the NYSE:FMD split (effective 12/05) on all servers I have looked at. I scanned 26 servers and they all had the same data. Make sure you do not have an old version of CorpActs.UNF in your QCharts folder. The CorpActs.UNF will override any CorpActs.INF file regardless if it is newer or not.

~Bob

Comment

Re: Quote corruption

Hi Jim,

It would be helpful if you could send me your workspace so I can experience the issue and poke around a bit.

I realize that workspaces can be quite personal, so if you're not keen to send it, perhaps you could construct one that will manifest the issue you report. Ya know, a minimal test workspace.

There is a way to transfer lines to another workspace. See Post42744(link) at YahooGroups QCharts forum.

LAM
              truthmaw[at]earthlink.net
              Originally posted by grunewaj
              Not every time, but most times, one or more quote sheet entries get overwritten always with an emini index. Thanks, ~Jim

Comment

FMD Split

Thanks, Bob. I think that ought to fix it.
                I see the NYSE:FMD split (effective 12/05) on all servers I have looked at.
                -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

FMD is still not right

Bob (or anybody),

I deleted the CorpActs.UNF file and had it updated when Qcharts started. The date on it is 12/11/07 11:00pm (in case the date stamp is preservered). There is still a big drop on the day of the split. Taking the Daily for example, it drops from the close on 12/4 at 76.50 to the open on 12/5 at 52.20. Currently I'm on Miami-5.

Thanks,

Jim
                  -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Jim,

I'm having trouble figuring this out. I just scanned all of the servers and all the CorpActs.INF files on all servers contain the 20061205 NYSE:FMD,3/2 split. The CorpActs.UNF also contains the same split so either file you use should get the split. Please verify the spilt in each of the files in the QCharts folder you are using.

~Bob

Comment

FMD again

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Here is the 20061205 "stanza" from my CorpActs.UNF file. It looks right to me...

BB:TNSP,4/1
                      NASDAQ:AMED,4/3
                      NASDAQ:LARK,21/20
                      NYSE:FMD,3/2

Some how, it's not showing up in my charts. I also have the following stanza:

BB:AGFI,2/1
                      BB:CMLI,2/1
                      BB:EXPY,2/1
                      BB:LGDI,3/2
                      BB:RXSF,1/3
                      BB:UCOR,4/1
                      NASDAQ:EZPW,3/1
                      NYSE:EMR,2/1
                      NYSE:RES,3/2

but EZPW is not showing split adjusted. EMR is, however. Of course, that may get corrected tomorrow.

Does that help?

Jim
                      -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Walter Industries (WLT) split info missing

Walter Industries split on 12/15 and I see the entry in CorpActs.inf but the chart display is not correct. There is a big gap down instead of a split adjustment

The CorpActs.inf contains

BB:RMNE,1/2000
                        NASDAQ:GBCI,3/2
                        NYSE:WLT,2/1
                        NASDAQ:GRMN,2/1

which is odd since Garmin (GRMN) split back on 8/16

I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

GBCI does chart correctly, BTW.
                        Eric Boehm

Comment

Interesting that GBCI charted correctly for you, It doesn't for me, in spite of the fact that my CorpActs.UNF file contains the correct information for 12/15/06:

BB:RMNE,1/2000
                          NASDAQ:GBCI,3/2

I wonder what other environmental aspects could be getting in our way?
                          -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

GBCI split not showing

GBCI is showing OK for me, whether or not I use the Quote.com INF or Bob's UNF.

On a whim, with nothing else to offer, try this...
                            Start QCharts.
                            Chart GBCI
                            If it doesn't show the split like in my screenshot here
                            On the main QCharts toolbar click Help>ViewQChartsDirectory.
                            This will open Windows Explorer to the actual directory QCharts is currently running in.
                            Make sure that in Explorer you have View set to Details, and that your settings show Filename and Filetype. ( CorpActs.INF for example).

Then you can check the contents of what's actually being used, with of course the UNF being the one if both INF and UNF are in directory.

Else...I ain't got nuttin' at this time.

LAM
                            Attached Files

Comment

Larry,

You did it again!

I was checking the CorpActs.UNF in the Qcharts 5.1 directory (where I installed the latest Qcharts), instead of the one in the Quote.com directory.

Thanks again,

Jim
                              -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

WLT not showing split

I forgot to check CorpActs.unf. It has the split for GBCI but not for WLT.

I guess Bob Scott would be the one to update CorpActs.unf?

Originally posted by grunewaj
                                Larry,

You did it again!

I was checking the CorpActs.UNF in the Qcharts 5.1 directory (where I installed the latest Qcharts), instead of the one in the Quote.com directory.

Thanks again,

Jim
                                Eric Boehm

Comment

Working...
                                X