Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: QFAI and Splits

Hi Bob and Jay,

Larry got me squared away so you can ignore my last post.

Jim
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

• OIH not posting any data in 5.1.0.21 Miami 01 server.

Thanks,
      T

Comment

• I gave a run thru mia1, mia3, cc2-SC8 & cc3-SC8 and none are painting anything for OIH this morning.

fyi,
        Carol

Comment

• OIH exchange change

[Edit 10/09/2007. Ignore this post regarding the merge statement. This issue covered in later post]

Regarding OIH, that sucka is now being distributed with Exchange of NYSE.

Below is the merge statement one could add to one's local CompSyms.ZNF. However, and I can't explain why, while it will give a merged intraday chart OK (both RTH and All Sessions), the Daily chart is whack.

As a quick test to see what I'm talking about, type this into your Symbol box...
          NYSE:OIH | AMEX:OIH
          [note: the | is the character above the \, ie <shift>\ ]

Or this for your local CompSyms.ZNF
          OIH ; NYSE:OIH ; Oil Services Holdrs ETF ; NYSE:OIH ; NYSE:OIH AMEX:OIH

Hello Support.
          Why is the Daily chart showing an invalid value of 74.XX for today, 10/08/2007? T&S and intraday charts are updating with the proper values with above merge statement.

LAM

Comment

• Is there -any- server with a good TICK today (QCharts 5.1, 10/8/07)?

Thanks,
            alan

Comment

• Try QC:TICK rather than INDEX:TICK

LAM
              Originally posted by finpress2000
              Is there -any- server with a good TICK today (QCharts 5.1, 10/8/07)?

Thanks,
              alan

Comment

• Thanks, Larry. Is it just a different name for the official NYSE TICK?

Comment

• Alan,

The "QC:" stuff is calculated on the QCharts servers.
                  Actually I should have said...

QC:TICK All US stocks
                  QC:TICK.NY NYSE tick
                  QC:TICK.NQ NASDAQ tick
                  QC:TICK.AM AMEX tick

If I recall correctly, the NYSE Exchange distributes INDEX:TICK

LAM

Originally posted by finpress2000
                  Thanks, Larry. Is it just a different name for the official NYSE TICK?

Comment

• More on OIH 10/08/2007

[Edit 10/09/2007. Ignore this post regarding the merge statement. This issue covered in later post]

Regarding OIH...again. oh boy, this is fun...NOT.
                    At 12:12 the feed flopped from NYSE:OIH distribution back to AMEX:OIH distribution. A plain OIH will now chart OK, with intraday gap up to 12:12ish.

This merge statement, with primary front data as AMEX and secondary as NYSE (i.e. reversed from previously posted merge statement), will fill the gap with today's NYSE data.

OIH ; AMEX:OIH ; Oil Services Holdrs ETF ; AMEX:OIH ; AMEX:OIH NYSE:OIH

Of course, all this assumes that the sucka won't flip-flop again regarding distribution exchange.
                    Good Luck,

LAM

Comment

• Gaps in certain SPDR and Holdrs charts

Yesterday 10/8/2007 certain syms from AMEX came in with EXCH: as NYSE until 12:13pm ET. If you want to fill the data gap that you're now seeing in yesterday's intraday charts, see below on updating your local merge file.

I don't know if this list is complete, or if the issue was limited to SPDR's and Holdrs. If you know of other syms that were affected and have chart gaps, please share. I also do not know if Support will be adding these to the system supplied merge file, namely "CompSyms2.INF".

Hello Support, any comment on updating the system file?

LAM
                      Select/Copy the statements below and then Paste into your local merge file CompSyms.ZNF.
                      Include the //Comment lines if you wish.

//To compensate for blank charts from Open to 12:13 10/08/2007
                      //when these syms were coming in as NYSE rather than AMEX
                      BDH ; AMEX:BDH ; Broadband Holdrs (ZNF) ; AMEX:BDH ; AMEX:BDH NYSE:BDH
                      OIH ; AMEX:OIH ; Oil Services Holdrs (ZNF) ; AMEX:OIH ; AMEX:OIH NYSE:OIH
                      MDY ; AMEX:MDY ; MidCap SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:MDY ; AMEX:MDY NYSE:MDY
                      SWH ; AMEX:SWH ; Software Holdrs (ZNF) ; AMEX:SWH ; AMEX:SWH NYSE:SWH
                      XLB ; AMEX:XLB ; Materials SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLB ; AMEX:XLB NYSE:XLB
                      XLE ; AMEX:XLE ; Energy SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLE ; AMEX:XLE NYSE:XLE
                      XLF ; AMEX:XLF ; Financial SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLF ; AMEX:XLF NYSE:XLF
                      XLI ; AMEX:XLI ; Industrial SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLI ; AMEX:XLI NYSE:XLI
                      XLK ; AMEX:XLK ; Technology SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLK ; AMEX:XLK NYSE:XLK
                      XLP ; AMEX:XLP ; Consumer Staples SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLP ; AMEX:XLP NYSE:XLP
                      XLU ; AMEX:XLU ; Utilities SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLU ; AMEX:XLU NYSE:XLU
                      XLV ; AMEX:XLV ; Health Care SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLV ; AMEX:XLV NYSE:XLV
                      XLY ; AMEX:XLY ; Consumer Discretionary SPDR (ZNF) ; AMEX:XLY ; AMEX:XLY NYSE:XLY

Comment

• The issue that occurred yesterday on various HOLDRS and SPDRS was caused by a feed related problem. We are working on getting an updated CompSyms file released to correct this problem.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by JayF
                          The issue that occurred yesterday on various HOLDRS and SPDRS was caused by a feed related problem. We are working on getting an updated CompSyms file released to correct this problem.
                          Hey Jay, and Y'all,

An updated CompSyms2.INF just hit the servers. They incorporated the list that I posted earlier for folks to use as a local ZNF update.

So, anyone that updated their ZNF can remove them now.

LAM

Comment

• 6.0 is displaying two different Open prices for ISRG today - differs between Daily and Intradays and on the Daily chart, the Snapshot Bar differs from the Data Window. Other sources (including 5.1) show the Open today to be 258.36 - which paints a doji, not the high wave candle currently shown on the Daily Chart.

Please check your CID's and correct which ever is off.

Thanks,
                            Carol
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ckelly; 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• STV

I noticed a when NYSE:STV IPO'd that it was showing up as both a AMEX stock and NYSE stock being represented twice in the % gainers list. Figured it was just a clitch and would be fixed. I currently have both 5.1 and 6.0.0.25 running. In 5.1 it shows up twice once as amex with a quote $15 lower then the NYSE price. On 6.0 it shows up twice both as NYSE with the same quote.

Thanks

Comment

• gaps

I just downloaded 6.0 and noticed there are gaps in the Dax and the DJ Stoxx 50 between sessions. In particular, there is a gap between 3pm and 2am eastern time. Is there anyway to close this gap from session to session. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X