Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please correct the Daily candle for GS for January 16, 2007 in 5.1.0.21.

Thanks,
    Carol
    Attached Files

Comment

• Please correct YHOO 7/1/04 Daily Candle.

Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

• LEH needs correction on 9/26/05.
        Thanks,
        Carol
        Attached Files

Comment

• LEH and GS has been corrected. YHOO's daily is correct; the intraday is not correct. There were some spikes in the pre-market that threw off the 9:30 bar.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

• Intraday spike repair time limit

Hey Jay,

I've forgotten the time limit for repair of Intraday ticks. As I recall it's unlimited for Daily bar repair, but intraday has a time cutoff of ?? days, beyond which the database is stuck with the bad tick.

LAM

Comment

• Can the historical data for NOV from200-2005 be restored?

Thanks,
              Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Intraday spike repair time limit

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
                Hey Jay,

I've forgotten the time limit for repair of Intraday ticks. As I recall it's unlimited for Daily bar repair, but intraday has a time cutoff of ?? days, beyond which the database is stuck with the bad tick.

LAM
                I know we talked about this off-line, but for the sake of others, the cut-off is currently 3 weeks.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by ckelly
                  Can the historical data for NOV from200-2005 be restored?

Thanks,
                  Carol
                  The pre-2000 data was seemingly from a different company, and the data prior to 2005 was trading under a different symbol. If that other symbol can be found it can be merged via the CompSyms.

The eSignal database on NOV goes back to Dec. 1996, so QCharts 6.0 has a nice-sized database on this symbol.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

• chart time period settings changing..

For some reason in regular QCharts some of my intraday chart time period settings have been changing for no reason. They are locked too. This happens only occasionally but could be a problem, if not noticed. Anyone else seeing this. Any idea of a reason? For example one chart set at one minute interval becomes a daily chart etc.

Comment

• The charts arbitrarily changing time frames, even when locked, is a problem that goes back to 2.x - for some of us, it occurs multiple times each week. It is something I have gotten used to and I just plain take a quick glance at the intervals often.

Jay is aware of the problem, and this was his recent response in another post, "I have this documented in our bug database now, so we'll eventually be able to get to the bottom of it. I can't guarentee a fix will be the final 6.0 version, but it's on the radar now so to speak."

fyi,
                      Carol

Comment

• See this Thread for other posts:

Comment

• splits not correct

I appologize but I can't find the discussion on spilt adjustments. My cmcsa split is not showing correctly. I am using 5.1.0.21. Can someone remind me what I need to do to get the charts to correct?
                          thanks,

Comment

• snowspud - Here's Bob's response in a prior post, it should take care of you, fyi.
                            Carol

Originally posted by bobscott
                            The CorpActs.INF has been slowly becoming less rigorous over the last two years. I believe eSignal has a plan to replace the CorpActs.INF with the splits source that is used in some of their other products but they have a lot of work to do and it is not going to happen overnight.

What I would suggest is that you start using QFAI which has a fairly reliable splits file. I maintain the list on a frequent basis and Bill Bledsoe has been kind enough to allow hosting on his web site. You can get loads of information from his website:

http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/Essential_Tools.htm

Best regards,

~Bob

Comment

• I use only the CorpActs.UNF which works in conjunction with QFAI and is available on Bill Bledsoe's website. I ran a partial server scan and the latest CorpActs.INF update I find is dated 2/15/2007 so apparently something is broken. At least until the INF update is fixed I would highly recommend that you either start using QFAI which can be obtained from Bill Bledsoe's website or download the CorpActs.UNF. If you download the CorpActs.UNF you must remember to update it on a regular basis because it "trumps" the CorpActs.INF.

~Bob
                              Last edited by bobscott; 02-22-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Our CorpActs.inf problems have been corrected and the updated file is now properly distributing across the servers.
                                Regards,
                                Jay F.
                                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                                X