Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by khalsa
    As soon as the "post and pre holiday missing data" fix is available for 6.0.3 I shall go back to testing that.
    Any idea when this will be.
    Thanks.
    K
    Hey K, and other's interested in the 6.0.3 bogus chart issue.

Looks like the Open today triggered something that by-passed the bug. The charts look OK now in 6.0.3. No more quitting at 13:00 every day for the historical intraday charts.

LAM

Comment

• Ah so it is Larry, although I am sure I tried it at open yesterday, but as you say it looks fine now.

Many thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

K

Comment

• PCU split 3:1 this morning.

Please adjust all QC versions.

Thanks,
        Carol

Comment

• How to fix PCU in 5.1.0.21

Is it possible to at least fix weekly and daily data in qcharts 5.1.0.21?? Someone please advise. thanks.

Comment

• Re: How to fix PCU in 5.1.0.21

Originally posted by monica3meyer
            Is it possible to at least fix weekly and daily data in qcharts 5.1.0.21?? Someone please advise. thanks.
            Hey Monica,

Yep, Daily bars can be changed. BTW, that will also fix the Weekly since it's a composite built locally of Daily bars.

If the bad bar is today's bar, that can't be fixed today mid-day since it's being built dynamically as current trading happens. But once it becomes a finished Daily bar on the server, then yes. In other words, yesterday's and before bars can be tweaked right now as I type. It normally happens that today's bad bar will appear OK tomorrow automatically as a result of the "Midnight" update.

One way to report is here, in this thread.
            Another way is the website form...
            http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...icle=2899&p=25

Now, regarding flattening a bad tick in an intraday chart, including today's chart, that can be done at anytime. That is unless something has changed in their tick flattening process. But getting someone to respond lickety-split with an adjustment is another matter. That's something that Mr. Jay F would have to address as to how to get it done quickly.

LAM

Comment

• Fixing PCU

Do I need to delete a corp actions file and re-run the program? I couldn't remember how to do this - but, if I can locate the corp actions file and delete it - would that solve the problem?
              thanks!

Comment

• Re: Fixing PCU

Originally posted by monica3meyer
                Do I need to delete a corp actions file and re-run the program? I couldn't remember how to do this - but, if I can locate the corp actions file and delete it - would that solve the problem?
                thanks!
                The CorpActs file is the "splits" file. Whenever there is a newly updated file, it's automatically put in place by the system when starting QCharts.

Maybe now is a good time to state just what the problem is that you're concerned about. Please be specific. Ya know, like the symbol and other relevant info.

oh...wait a minute...are you referring to Carol's post about PCU? If so, yep, the split hasn't made it to the CorpActs that's supplied by QCharts as yet. Dunno if it's in the works or if they have spaced on it, missed it.

FYI, the split is in the optional CorpActs that Bob Scott updates. It's available for QFAI users who select the "CorpActs.UNF" option.

LAM

Comment

• Please flip a switch to turn on CME charts in 5.1. It is painting in 6.0.2, but no candles today in 5.1.

Thanks,
                  Carol
                  Attached Files

Comment

• CME on 5.1 Please

Hello,

What is currently happening with CME? It's a sad day when there is no update on the forum and I have to look to Yahoo charts to view.

Comment

• NYSE:CME is now Nasdaq:CME

To merge the symbols on a chart for version 5.x please enter the symbol as NYSE:CME | Nasdaq:CME

To enter the | character, press shift+\

On a quote window, please enter the symbol as nasdaq:cme

NEW YORK, June 30, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announced today that CME Group (Nasdaq:CME) (NYSE:CME) will list its common stock solely on The NASDAQ Global Select Market. CME Group will cease listing on the NYSE on July 11, 2008 and commence trading on The NASDAQ Global Select Market on July 14, 2008 under the symbol (Nasdaq:CME). CME Group has been listed on the NYSE since December 2002 and dually listed its stock on the NASDAQ in May 2005

Comment

• Per Engineering, an updated CompSym2.inf file should be available after market close to merge the data on the charts.

Comment

• Looks like 6.0.2 is making an internal adjustment - both 5.1 & 6.0 display NYSE:CME; 6.0 paints candles, 5.1 does not.

I'll stitch.

Thanks,
                          Carol
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Still looking for corrected, split adjusted charts on PCU. Also, July 10 shows $11 prices that I think are about $20 off. Please update.

Thanks,
                            Carol
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 5.1 is painting candles for CME. The weekly and intraday charts lok ok but the daily is not ok. Please see below.

Jim
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Ditto here.
                                I'm seeing the same thing as Jim on the Dc for CME in 5.1.0.21 launched from QFAI.

Comment

Working...
                                X