No announcement yet.

was qcharts offline this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is eSignal management willing to share with us what they are doing to prevent a recurrence of the recent data center power failure? Part of my professional career has been as an IT auditor and I did a lot of work with data center backup and recovery. For critical data availability applications, a downtime of several hours is unacceptable. I know that “instantaneous” backup/failover is not cheap, but I believe eSignal has many commercial and institutional customers. I know that they cannot tolerate an outage lasting several hours. The individual QCharts users rely on data availability just as much as commercial customers and we should know what type of availability and recovery times eSignal management is willing to provide and what technical/operations steps they are taking to provide it.

Comment

dcash,

Thanks for your post. We are working on inserting a new feature into a new version of QCharts that detects when there is a failure in the Continuum farm and bypasses the need to connect to that farm.

If another Continuum network event occurs similar to earlier in this month, QCharts 6.0.3 will prompt the user to switch into an eSignal-only mode. This will allow the user to continue to receive the majority of features of QCharts with the exception of Hot Lists and Breadthalizers as those come from the Continuum network. You can test 6.0.3 out right now in the QCharts Beta forum.

As far as a long-term plan, once 6.1 is completed, we'll be fully migrated to the eSignal network, which has numerous redundant sites and co-locations.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X