No announcement yet.

QCharts 6.0.3.1613 Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much Bill for letting me know and all your help.

I will keep at it and hopefully find a solution to it.

If you need any more information from me, please do not hesitate to ask.

Of the previous 2 known issues, can you please tell me if they were 1 graphics card or 2 graphics cards.

Regards,

Khalsa
    Last edited by khalsa; 07-09-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

1613 Data Problems

In the option quote sheets, the "Yest" data does not always
      match the chart data.

ie:

The July 75 put for PKX, in the quote sheet, shows a close
      of $1.00. The chart shows a close of $.85. The $.85 is
      probably correct as per my print outs from the night before.

The July 85 put for PKX, in the quote sheet, shows a close
      of $5.50. The chart shows a close of $6.20. The $6.20 is

5.1 shows the correct closing prices in the charts as well as
      the option quote sheets, ie: $.85 and $6.20.

Thanx,

'Tail.

Comment

Changing symbols

I continue to get lots of stock symbols changed fairly randomly. I am using 6.0.3.1613, but I also had the problem with version 5. I seem to recall others having the same problem and I need a reference to the fix. The changed symbols usually happen when a file is opened, and there may be up to 8 symbols replaced by one (such as $NDXX). However, more recently it has started happening live. Like today, entering SDS on a quote sheet, it automatically changes to QLA GT. (Is it trying to tell me something?!!!) Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by khalsa
          Hi Bill,

It varies between 3% and maybe spike upto 11%.

For me the more windows and applications I open, the worse it gets. However as soon as I close down Qcharts, it disapears.

If I just have a few windows open and qcharts, its ok.

Really baffled by this, it looks like a resources issue but I have no idea which resources. Something to do with open windows and applications for me for sure and Qcharts is taking too much of those resources.

My PC is WINDOWS XP, 4GB RAM, NFORCE4 CHIPSET, AMD ATHLON X2 4200MHZ

Thanks for trying to resolve. Where is Jay or the Qcharts team for this issue?

Khalsa
          Right guys I have spent the last week on this religiously and have finally cracked it today.

It was very simple in hindsight.

I have 4 monitor displays via two NVIDIA PCIe cards. 2 of my monitors (the ones I was spanning qcharts across) were set to a refresh rate of 60hz at 1280*1024. I ramped them up to the highest possible being 72hz at 1280*1024 and all my screen corruption problems have disappeared.

So there you go, a solution is there and its made my life much, much better as now it does not matter how many program windows I have open, none are corrupted and unreadable.

All the best.

Khalsa
          Last edited by khalsa; 07-20-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

In the option quote sheets, the "Yest" data does not always
            match the chart data.

ie:

The July 75 put for PKX, in the quote sheet, shows a close
            of $1.00. The chart shows a close of $.85. The $.85 is

The July 85 put for PKX, in the quote sheet, shows a close
            of $5.50. The chart shows a close of $6.20. The $6.20 is

5.1 shows the correct closing prices in the charts as well as
            the option quote sheets, ie: $.85 and $6.20.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Is there a resolution in the works for this problem?

Just checking.

'Tail.

Comment

Yesterday's Close

Yesterday's close does not match chart data. See pic.

ALB Aug 30 Put has a close of $3.00 according to the daily chart.

The option quote sheet shows $1.10.

This error causes other data to be incorrect as well, such as:

True Range.
              Gap.
              Net.
              Net %.
              True Range % Yesterday.

This is a frequent problem on many option quote sheets.

Please tell us what happens between close and the following
              day that would make the "Yest" completely incorrect.

Thank you,

'Tail.
              Last edited by hardtaill; 07-23-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Here's the pic,

Sorry.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by hardtaill; 07-23-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Life Is Good

Ya all have a nice weekend.

I am.

'Tail.
                  Attached Files

Comment

screen shots disabled in V6.0.3:1613

I can't get a screen shot to take from within any application if qcharts is open. I have to close version 6 and open version 5.1 to get any screen shots of anything. This is really annoying. I'd love to see it fixed.

Comment

Hey ndf424,

MWSnap is freeware and seems to work fine with 6.0.3.1613.

Also, if you just want to save a particular chart, you can save it as a jpeg in qcharts (goto chart->export->image) but I don't think qcharts has a way to export an image of an entire workspace, which would be very nice feature.

HTH,
                      lugz

Comment

Re: screen shots disabled in V6.0.3:1613

Originally posted by ndf424
                        I can't get a screen shot to take from within any application if qcharts is open. I have to close version 6 and open version 5.1 to get any screen shots of anything. This is really annoying. I'd love to see it fixed.
                        When I find that normal windows clipboard copy commands do not work with QCharts it's time to reboot and clear memory. Otherwise, standard windows copy commands work fine with QC 6.

Regards

Jim

Comment

Re: Re: screen shots disabled in V6.0.3:1613

Originally posted by JimRutherford
                          When I find that normal windows clipboard copy commands do not work with QCharts it's time to reboot and clear memory. Otherwise, standard windows copy commands work fine with QC 6.
                          Thanks Jim. That's never worked before, so I stripped everything out of my startup. This time it took. So strange that QC 6 is the only app that figuratively "pushed it over the edge". Now I gotta figure out which other apps have been munching on my computer though. =/

Comment

Re: Re: Re: screen shots disabled in V6.0.3:1613

Originally posted by ndf424
                            Thanks Jim. That's never worked before, so I stripped everything out of my startup. This time it took. So strange that QC 6 is the only app that figuratively "pushed it over the edge". Now I gotta figure out which other apps have been munching on my computer though. =/
                            I've still be having trouble with this. I can run any apps for weeks without running into this trouble or having to reboot, but when I pull up Q6 it is a matter of a few hours before I can no longer take screen shots. The first couple of times this happens, I can usually close out QC6 and it will start working again, but after a while of that, it will get to the point that I can't take any screen shots - even with no applications open.

Any ideas what might be causing that? It's very consistent, and QC6, if it doesn't cause it, is at least accelerating it greatly.

Running XP Pro service pack 3 with QC 6.0.3:1613.

Comment

feature requests

Hey folks,

I have 2 feature requests for you to consider.

1) Snap to Time

I do a lot of scrolling back in time to practice visual trading. I do this on many different time frames at the same time. What would be awesome is to have some kind of ability to line up all the charts to the same time with just a few clicks.

To illustrate my point, suppose I'm using a weekly, daily, and hourly chart and I want to practice through the events of the bursting of the dot com bubble in the 2000 time frame. Right now, I have to scroll all the way back, sometimes for several minutes on the weekly, daily, and hourly charts each individually. Then I have to line them all up after that so that they're in synch and all lined up on the right side of each chart. Then I can move forward one candle at a time to practice through it hour by hour.

The information already exists in your program to make this process much easier. That little line that moves on each chart no matter which you hover over? That's got everything you need to make this happen. Just provide a magic button that allows us to select a time on one chart with the mouse, hit the magic button, and dance for joy as the other charts all snap back to that spot.

2) Candle Replay

Would be great to be able to select a chart or several charts to "replay" starting at some point in time and have the SW walk through it at a variable speed set by the user. Would be doubly awesome if it could keep the charts in synch. To illustrate this last part, consider an hourly chart, and ten minute chart. The tool would be smart enough to know that 6 ten minute candles move forward before a single hourly candle moves forward, and would progress them like that over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X