Problem Installing IB Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Installing IB Plugin

Aftrer installing the IBBridge plugin which runs to completion I'm not seeing IB as an available broker in the Trade Preferences, really strange.

I've installed this plugin on several other PC's without any problem, but for some reason on this new PC I'm running with eSignal, I'm not seeing IB, any ideas?

Thanks,

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Hi, i have the same problem.
    Before i have used the version 1.79. Now, at another Pc, i have installed the latest version of esignal and the current IB-Plugin: There`s no integrated IB avaliable at the "trade"-Pull down menue.. Only esignal paper trading. Perhaps a bug of the latest version?
    Where can i download an older version?

Comment

IB Trading Integration

Hi Bügeleisen, demarcog,

Thanks for your posts.
      There's an instructional video we've done that might help.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKJNKaOh820

The most recent plugin is version 901, and can be accessed here:
      http://www.esignal.com/executables/i...plugin_901.exe

Let me know if you'd like a demo

Brent

Comment

I was able to resolve this problem, ie., the IB Broker did finally appear as an option.

The resolution as I recall (it's been a while so I can't recall the exact sequence/install option) involved several iterations of removing the IB Plugin through the Windows Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs as simply running the IBPlugin setup program with the remove option did not delete the windows registry entries which I thought perhaps may be related to the failure. So I then tried reinstalling the plugin, trying it again with a different install option etc. It finally showed up...that's the good news.

The bad news is after reading this post I decided to install the latest plug-in and after it's not showing up again.

I've tried several times and have not been able to get it working.
        Last edited by demarcog; 07-11-2007, 08:20 AM.
        Glen Demarco
        [email protected]

Comment

Hi demarcog,

Thank you again for your post.
          Is it safe to say you un-installed (or changed the extension) of the earlier IB plugin (you can find it in esignal/OBC - just change it's extension from dll to 123, to enable rollback if necessary).
          Then installed the most recent plugin, following the instructions outlined in the video?

Brent

Comment

Hi Glen,
            I just tested the IB Bridge on the 8.1 Beta version of eSignal. With a complete install of the IB Bridge it did show up in the Menu.

Here are the exact steps that I took to install the new bridge.

Downloaded and save the IBBRIDGE.exe to a download folrder and installed it from that folder. During the installations I selected complete from the choice between Complete or Custom.

One other thing I had to do before the installation worked was to remove any other Plug-ins which I had downloaded in the passed(Gain and Oanda and TD Ameritrade).

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

I also tried installing the IB Plugin on a laptop computer and the same problem occurred: the IB Plugin setup program runs to completion but IB is not showing as an available broker.

Thanks,

Glen
              Glen Demarco
              [email protected]

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thank you for your response.
                Would you please change the name in the "Name" field, by adding a character (eg, "1")? For example, "Interactive Brokers1", and let me know if that's successfull?
                There may be a minor change required to the installation logic, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
                  Hi Glen,

Thank you for your response.
                  Would you please change the name in the "Name" field, by adding a character (eg, "1")? For example, "Interactive Brokers1", and let me know if that's successfull?
                  There may be a minor change required to the installation logic, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Brent
                  I tried installing it again appending a "1" as you suggested but unfortunately IB is not listed in the Trade option.

Appreciate the assistance.

Glen
                  Glen Demarco
                  [email protected]

Comment

Brent,

In the past reinstalling the same version of eSignal that I was running into the existing directory only took a few minutes and did not effect any previous customization work in anyway.

So before I took up anymore of your time setting up a Webex session and trying to diagnose this I thought you wouldn't mind if I gave that a try first.

I downloaded and installed the latest production version of eSignal (8.0) and then the IB Plugin and now Interactive Brokers appears in the Trade menu.

Don't know about you, but this method works for me.

Perhaps it may work for others having the same problem.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks very much for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Glen
                    Glen Demarco
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thank you for your post.
                      Making the functionality of trading integration (ie, maximizing order-types/sets offered, visualizing and supporting the client's management of positions, open orders and account information, etc.), coupled with an installation process that's seamless, has been the effort's objective.
                      Any areas you - or others - can identify in how this can be better implemented is much appreciated.
                      Comments and suggestions directed to [email protected] are reviewed and prioritized, with the intention of producing the most functional interface, given the scope of each trading partners' APIs.

If I can assist in any additional way, please contact me/us at [email protected].

Again, many thanks for your post, insight, and patronage!

Brent

Comment

I posted a couple of questions regarding integrated trading (via EFS) with PFG's Pro or Best trading platform...haven't seen any reply...

Is it possible for integrated trading with PFG?

Appreciate any information.

ziggy

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
                          Hi Glen,

Thank you for your post.
                          Making the functionality of trading integration (ie, maximizing order-types/sets offered, visualizing and supporting the client's management of positions, open orders and account information, etc.), coupled with an installation process that's seamless, has been the effort's objective.
                          Any areas you - or others - can identify in how this can be better implemented is much appreciated.
                          Comments and suggestions directed to [email protected] are reviewed and prioritized, with the intention of producing the most functional interface, given the scope of each trading partners' APIs.

If I can assist in any additional way, please contact me/us at [email protected].

Again, many thanks for your post, insight, and patronage!

Brent
                          Brent,

Many of the objectives you mentioned have been achieved via the EFS-IB interface, in particular the ability to send buy/sell and cancel orders.

The plug-in install is simple and in the past has functioned well. Sending buy/sell and cancel orders via the generic broker function is very reliable, and integrated well via the generic broker functions.

The biggest obstacle for me preventing actual implementation of autotrading which I believe I passed on some time ago, is not having the ability to determine prior to sending an order if there is an existing position and or orders already existing.

It's possible to set flags within a EFS strategy when an order is sent, but if the EFS is reloaded, or the order is not executed, or any other problem occurs there is no way to determine this critically important information.

It's interesting that the cancalPosition() generic broker function actually sends a order to offset or close a currently existing position. If yu are long 100 shrs of xyz and send a closePosition() order a new order gets sent to SELL 100 XYZ MARKET.

Which appears to me that this functionality: naming to determine what if any positions currently exist for a given symbol is already implemented in the code. It would be a major help to me to have access to that informaton.

Being able to access orders information, especially open orders but also filled orders, for a given symbol would also be necessary to implement autotrading.

Without this information available it's difficult if not impossible to make sure the intended postions side (long/short and size of the position) are the actual position.

I know some of this is not new information, but since your were asking ....

Thanks again for the help.

Glen
                          Glen Demarco
                          [email protected]

Comment

Order Status Using IB-Bridge

Brent/Esignal Support,
                            It thare any way to verify order status when using IB-Bridge?

sam

Comment

After Installing IB Plugin on Version 10 IB not listed under Trade Option

I installed version 10 into a seperate directory from an existing 8.0 eSignal directory and ran the IB Plugin setup program. After running to completion IB is not listed as an available option.

Thanks,

Glen
                              Glen Demarco
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X