X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jim Simons

Originally posted by its1111
    Plumber

I have been reading about your Jim Simons on the web and he is one impressive person. I have been searching for more about him but there isn't much
    So how did meeting him make you profitable, he doesn't look like the sort of guy who gives away to much. In fact I am curious, how did you even find out about him, being that he is so low key?
    Trading fascinates me, just as life does I guess, I can't seem to get enough, Heck I'll even take the scraps LOL))))
    Mark
    Mr Simons and I share the same background, from almost the same neck of the woods, and is a pioneer in computer model trading. Secretive and low key for a reason.

Comment

• Plumber
      I can understand how people are secretive about their systems. After reading more last night about Mr. Simons,it seems he trades volatility and discrepancies in the market, and I am sure it is much more complicated than that.
      But what I am really interested in, is assuming that he is guarded as he appears to be and did not tell you his models, how did you become profitable as a trader after seeing him, did he give you some bit of wisdom that opened your mind up to new thoughts and ideas, did it make you look into a new direction in trading, did he get you to think differently than you did before.

I am not asking for any ones system, just the general direction of where to go learn and explore on my own.
      If you don't want to put it out over the internet, I would be happy to give you my email address or phone number, and am very appreciative of any new ideas you may share.

After reading about Mr. Simons, it seems like he is all about learning.
      He is a generous man, not only with his money but his wanting a place for people to come together and learn about the math, science, etc.
      That is one of the reasons you also post here to help out, share ideas,and perhaps gather a few of your own, it is also the reason I spent a lot of money to see Larry Pesavent a few months back, even though I had already read everyone of his books and knew what a Gartley or Butterfly was, but I wanted to pick his brain a little deeper and to see if he would impart any little bit of wisdom that I could learn from.

Unfortunately for you and all of us, there aren't a lot of Mr. Simons on this board, but there are some extremely intelligent people (Alex, Mr. Amazing comes to mind, plus many others) but they don't give away their secrets either but they share and help others.
      I think true teachers don't give away the answers ( then a sudent would never learn)but they give students a direction so they can fish and catch life's knowledge and thoughts on their own.
      Thanks for your help and everyone else generous enough to help.
      Mark

Comment

• Less noise

This is a 1point by 5 box reversal chart, no CIT of less than 5 ppoints is plotted. If you put t the reversal sizes in to a frequency distribution chart you get a fairly good idea of the likely swing. Caveat, thats how Niederhoffer went almost bust.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Less noise

Originally posted by digilume
          This is a 1point by 5 box reversal chart, no CIT of less than 5 ppoints is plotted. If you put t the reversal sizes in to a frequency distribution chart you get a fairly good idea of the likely swing. Caveat, thats how Niederhoffer went almost bust.
          Now you've peaked my interest. Have you done any of the diatonic stuff on P&F?

Comment

• Some of the geometric stuff is holding up so far, for some reason I cant get all this combined into one chart so this is #1
            Attached Files

Comment

• #2 includes the natal forecast. Just watching the tape all day I can't help but get this feeling of a big break coming, and don't think it will be up or even slightly down but more like a jailbreak.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Some examples of cluster points
                Attached Files

Comment

• I responded via PM.

Plumber
                  I can understand how people are secretive about their systems. After reading more last night about Mr. Simons,it seems he trades volatility and discrepancies in the market, and I am sure it is much more complicated than that.
                  But what I am really interested in, is assuming that he is guarded as he appears to be and did not tell you his models, how did you become profitable as a trader after seeing him, did he give you some bit of wisdom that opened your mind up to new thoughts and ideas, did it make you look into a new direction in trading, did he get you to think differently than you did before.

I am not asking for any ones system, just the general direction of where to go learn and explore on my own.
                  If you don't want to put it out over the internet, I would be happy to give you my email address or phone number, and am very appreciative of any new ideas you may share.

After reading about Mr. Simons, it seems like he is all about learning.
                  He is a generous man, not only with his money but his wanting a place for people to come together and learn about the math, science, etc.
                  That is one of the reasons you also post here to help out, share ideas,and perhaps gather a few of your own, it is also the reason I spent a lot of money to see Larry Pesavent a few months back, even though I had already read everyone of his books and knew what a Gartley or Butterfly was, but I wanted to pick his brain a little deeper and to see if he would impart any little bit of wisdom that I could learn from.

Unfortunately for you and all of us, there aren't a lot of Mr. Simons on this board, but there are some extremely intelligent people (Alex, Mr. Amazing comes to mind, plus many others) but they don't give away their secrets either but they share and help others.
                  I think true teachers don't give away the answers ( then a sudent would never learn)but they give students a direction so they can fish and catch life's knowledge and thoughts on their own.
                  Thanks for your help and everyone else generous enough to help.
                  Mark

Comment

• Trading with cycles is tricky when the open gaps up or down like today. In this case I have seen through trial and error that if I wait for ay least a half hour before updating the cyclical model I get real good results. So this chart shows the cycle model updated 25 minutes after trading and the forecasted purple color did real well today when measured by the stochastic. Science at it's best or intuition in knowing when to adjust the science. Reminds me of a quote by Einstein "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
                    Attached Files

Comment

• PM?

Hi Plumber

I don't know what PM is?
                      Mark

Comment

• Re: PM?

Hi Plumber

I don't know what PM is?
                        Mark
                        Private message,check your messages here

Comment

• Hi Its1111,

Here is the PM feature

Comment

• FWIW and not trading advice (and could be flat wrong also) but shorts are pressing today waiting for IBM to give bad news. This is a recipe for a trend day up Friday . The close will offer the best clues, if it's weak and down then Friday could be the aforementioned trend day, other wise trading range as always.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplumber
                              FWIW and not trading advice (and could be flat wrong also) but shorts are pressing today waiting for IBM to give bad news. This is a recipe for a trend day up Friday . The close will offer the best clues, if it's weak and down then Friday could be the aforementioned trend day, other wise trading range as always.
                              Well maybe not a trend day after all but there will be a good buy Friday for at least 5 points. This is what I was looking at, as well as other charts and methods. The right side is a 5minute and right is 60. Seems it's got Friday up to flat, of course this is relative to where it starts, and a bottom next week? My number counts has a weekend date and the last in a series of 3 bottoms I've mentioned before. This of course could be a long setup into next Monday or Tuesday.We'll see what happens.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• A saucer bottom at the daily would have been a reversal pattern. This is a mini saucer at the 3-min. Same result?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X