Fibo & Geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber --

Great article from SentimentTrader -- thanks!

It's scary to think how much all traders look @ the same exact stuff and can come up w/ completely different rationale!

-c

Comment

• Well I had a target of 1058 in the ES, close enough for me. Was not interested in holding over the weekend.

Maybe this will give an idea of how I liked how this week went.
      Attached Files
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

• 312 weeks

The Fibo cycle finder is very flexible but I'd like to be able to set about 6 default setups and save them. That is because there are many sets of cycles that do catch major trend changes across many periods. Ideally there would be more numbers than available now too, and the visibility could be toggled on/off with line thickness adjustments and then used in the base template. I'll request these in the correct ESignal manner. Here is an application of the cycle finder. 3142 days / 6 = 52.36 weeks. So the chart shows a cycle finder with 312 weeks , 6 years. The cycle finder is set to divide up time with ratios significant for many reasons, this one (also) being from music. The so called diatonic ratios are now joined by the .2 .4 .6 and .8 divisions that mark flats and sharps. (I am running out of set ups now) The turning points that were caught by one of these ratios were very significant reversals. The start was from the high 24 March 2000. the .75 line is 5 weeks away. What else lines up in 5 weeks?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Re: 312 weeks

Originally posted by digilume
          . What else lines up in 5 weeks?
          A very significant low
          Attached Files

Comment

• Doodling
            Attached Files

Comment

• Moon cycles?

More doodling
              Attached Files

Comment

• I've been using esignal, but havne't been to the forums til now. The stuff I'm seeing here are interesting. Where can I go to learn more about cycles? What books? Thanks

Comment

• Jbc,

You may want to check out the following link for some good books regarding cyclic trading. If you interested in this sort of stuff, you may also want to check out some of Larry Pesaventos work; specifically "Profitable Patterns for Stock Trading.". This should provide you with a good start.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuaneG
                    Jbc,

You may want to check out the following link for some good books regarding cyclic trading. If you interested in this sort of stuff, you may also want to check out some of Larry Pesaventos work; specifically "Profitable Patterns for Stock Trading.". This should provide you with a good start.
                    So what do you think of this book?
                    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Dare to admit you even read it? I will, I think it's his best book of all

Comment

• Anyone here have the cyclepack besides me? I've tweeked the settings and used a windowing function to get the red/white model. It seems to be more robust
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi ThePlumber!

I plan to give the Cyclepack a try once esignal 7.7 is out. (monthly payment option then) It seems to have been of use to you and I must admit it looks most enticing!

Would like to chime in that many of us appreciate your posts here. Please keep them coming and thanks again!

Comment

• Thanks Duane for the suggestions.
                          Theplumber's posts have got me interested in trying out the cyclepack. It looks useful. Keep up the great posts, theplumber!

Comment

• I wanted to chime in on the cycle pack at Divergence software. It is just amazing, and the plumber is right about the settings.
                            The originals are very good and seem to be the best for differnt time frames, but play with them and they can be made better.

The only problem with changing the settings are that once you change them,they really have to be fitted to different time frames,for me using one setting does not work for say weekly charts and then 5 min. charts. So you can either use the original settings and they work good over different time frames or you can take the time to set it for different charts and it works very good , but once you put the energy into it, it is well worth it and an amazing study, easily worth the money.

Mark
                            Last edited by its1111; 08-15-2004, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Plumber
                              I have heard you talk about wave 59 software. It seems like you really like it, but you have to do a lot of testing to get the right settings. Did I get that right? or is it fairly easy to figure out.
                              I am always interested in anything to help my trading.
                              I was reading about the software and noticed the add on studies, have you ever seen the study about the hand of god?
                              The guy really raves about how amazing it is and that it was almost like god gave him a sign or something.
                              I must say that he sure got my curiosity up.
                              Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by its1111
                                I wanted to chime in on the cycle pack at Divergence software. It is just amazing, and the plumber is right about the settings.
                                The originals are very good and seem to be the best for differnt time frames, but play with them and they can be made better.

The only problem with changing the settings are that once you change them,they really have to be fitted to different time frames,for me using one setting does not work for say weekly charts and then 5 min. charts. So you can either use the original settings and they work good over different time frames or you can take the time to set it for different charts and it works very good , but once you put the energy into it, it is well worth it and an amazing study, easily worth the money.

Mark
                                So you have it? Great I'm going to start a new thread soon called trading with cycles. I'd like to share ideas and settings with the cyclepack and hear from others who trade say the other add-ons to Esignal like MESA. Just look for the new thread

Comment

Working...
                                X