This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Alex,

How would you change this line to make the wingding dots appear at the bottom of the screen in a line or band rather than positioned underneath each bar's low? Is it possible?

drawTextRelative(0,low(0),"l",Color.black,null,Tex t.CENTER|Text.TOP,"Wingdings",6);

Thanks

Veda

Comment

• Veda
      drawTextRelative(0,0,"l",Color.black,null,Text.CEN TER|Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM,"Wingdings",6);
      You should find a similar command in the Stochasticx2.efs posted a few messages earlier in this thread
      Alex

Comment

• Time and more

Hi
        Does it ecsist an mm:ss countdown for remaining bar.
        That shows remaining time to next bar.

How do I make an strategy that sell/covers after x bars?

Jonti

Comment

• Jonti
          In this message Duane posted an efs that displays the time remaining in a bar.
          With regards to your second question you need to create a bar counter that triggers when the strategy goes long/short. You can see an example of a bar counter in the efs attached to this post
          Alex

Comment

• I'm trying to write a script that will buy QQQ when +DI crosses -DI and do the opposite when -DI crosses +DI.. How?

Comment

• BakedWafer
              The attached efs will compute the ADXDM study and go long when the +DI crosses above the -DI and short when it crosses under. When the strategy is long the bars are painted in blue and when short they are painted in red.
              All parameters for the ADX can be modified through Edit Studies.
              Alex

Attached Files

Comment

• Alexis, when I try to run a study it comes up with nothing. I mean it runs the report but has zero trades or it just sits on the Back Testing Progress Screen and says "207 bars received" or zero, the number changes.

Comment

• BakedWafer
                  If you are referring to the ADX study I attached to my prior message I tested it with the Strategy Analyzer before posting it and as far as I can see it is working.
                  Alex

Comment

• Is it possible to add it so it will only enter a position when ADX is below or above a certain amout?

Comment

• BakedWafer
                      Yes it is possible but the conditions may need to be set differently. In fact if the ADX is not at a certain level when the DI lines cross then the strategy will remain long or short which may not be desirable.
                      So before writing the strategy as an efs you may want to have a better idea of what it is supposed to do.
                      Also you may want to run a Search in the forums as I believe there are some strategies already available that use this study
                      Alex

Comment

• Dear Alex,

I am looking for a script that will draw a triangle above the bar on a daily chart when the Sum of the last 5 days $TRIN (daily closes) is greater than 3.9. (i.e. Sum of today's $TRIN close 1.73 + yesterday's 1.39 + day before, etc for last 5 days)

I can't do it using Formula Wizard and a search of the site didn't pull up anything. Can you help?

Thanks so much for any input

Veda

Comment

• Veda
                          I think the enclosed efs will do what you asked.
                          It can be loaded on the daily chart of any symbol and if the 5 day (current day included) sum of $TRIN is greater than 3.9 it will draw a blue triangle on the high.
                          FWIW you may want to verify that value as it seems like there are very few days in which this does not happen.
                          Alex

Note: The triangle is created using Wingdings 3 and the keystroke is <Alt>+0129 (on the numeric keypad)

PHP Code:
                          function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);
                          setStudyTitle("5dayTRIN");
                          setShowCursorLabel(false);

}
                          function 
                          main(){

var 
                          vClose close(0,-5,"$TRIN");
                          var 
                          vSum vClose[0]+vClose[1]+vClose[2]+vClose[3]+vClose[4];

if(
                          vSum>3.9)
                          drawTextRelative(0,high(),"",Color.blue,null,Text.CENTER|Text.BOTTOM,"Wingdings 3",8);

return ;

Comment

• help me get started

I hope this is the right place to post this. I am trying to get started with EFS and Fornula wizard, and need some help. After 30 minutes stumbling around the forums on my own, I decided to ask for help.
                            Most likely, what I am doing is already built.

I need a simple audio alert when a stochastic crosses, only when both lines are above 80 or below 20. FWIW, I use 25,1,8, but I can probably figure out how to modify anything close.

Can you point me somewhere to get me started ?

Comment

• galt
                              You may want to go through this thread or this one both of which contain several iterations of Stochastic studies with alerts
                              Alex

Comment

• Thanks

Thanks for quick reply. Those two threads look like they have some good examples that I should be able to combine or modify. If I get stuck, I will be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X