This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veda
    In which window are these bands supposed to be? In the price or indicator window?
    Also you say "The problem I am having is that I don't want it to do this in real time - not setComputeOnClose...".
    It is unclear to me if you want it in real time or not (leaving aside the current errors) or if you want the indicator to plot in real time but the signal to be only on the close of a bar (assuming in this case that you want to also plot the indicator).
    Let me know
    Alex

Comment

• Veda
      In the mean time see if the attached efs fits what you want.
      All the parameters for both Stochastic studies can be modified through Edit Studies. Also in Edit Studies you can set how far back you want the colored bars to go (default is 100 bars). The colored bars should plot correctly in real time.
      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

• Alex
        Can you give me any help on number #2 ?
        Why?
        Trying to use EXCEL to calculate Esignal RSI(5) for 129 SEMI
        stocks. So I can look at and sort quickly

Note on two SRI's
        After google search, found there are two SRI calculations:
        (1) The Quant Studio(Classical)
        (2) Metastock, Esignal method (Which I still do not have formula for)
        Larry Dudash
        HAL at
        http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=549

Comment

• Larry
          If you open the RSIEnhanced.efs in the Library folder you should find a formula for RSI that returns the same values of the eSignal builtin.
          As to the Metastock implementation of the same I would not know the answer, but you may want to look at Steve Achelis' definition available here
          Alex

Comment

• 1-min volume alert

Dear Alex,

This may already exist somewhere but I couldn't find anything...

I am trying to construct a formula that will pop up an alert window whenever the volume on a 1-minute Emini chart exceeds 5000.

It's got to be simple but I couldn't manage to do this using Formula Wizard. Any ideas?

Thanks very much

Veda

Comment

• Veda
              You may want to check this thread which has some volume related efs with alerts
              Alex

Comment

• Thanks Alex

Comment

• veda,

FWIW, I did a search by going to the search screen and typing this in

alert AND window

On the lighter side of things, Alex is not encumbered by these limitations as he probably just remembered where the post was

(he is a whiz)

Comment

• Dear Alex,

Question1: Is there some way to modify the sentence below so that it sets the circle down a few pixels below the low of the bar it's assigned to? It places the circle right over the low of the bar and I would like there to be a small gap between the low of the bar and the circle so its easier to see.

drawShapeRelative(0, low(), Shape.CIRCLE, "", Color.black, Shape.LEFT);

Question 2: Is there any way of changing the size of the circle (or diamond or square, etc) - perhaps by referencing font size or something? I'd like to make the circle just a small black dot.

Thanks very much

Best wishes

Veda

Comment

• Veda
                      1. You may want to try the following.
                      At the beginning of main() create the following variable
                      var vSpace = (high()-low())*0.50;
                      Then you would add that to the high() or subtract it from the low() in the y coordinate. For example
                      drawShapeRelative(0, low()-vSpace, Shape.CIRCLE, "", Color.black, Shape.LEFT);

2. No there is no way to size the Shapes as they are relative to Bar Spacing. A better solution (which also resolves the above issue) is to use drawTextRelative with Wingdings font. This offers both the advantage of always having a small spacing between the high/low and the font shape and the fact that you can size the font shape to your liking.
                      Alex

Comment

• Veda
                        For an example of using drawTextRelative see this thread based on the very same subject
                        Alex

Comment

• Hi Alex

Wow! That TextRelative works great! Thanks. Using that idea I have developed the attached script to draw a dot under the bar when 2 different stochastics are above 80 or below 20.

The only problem remains that it slows down my machine because it requires so much computing power - the lookback period is too long. Can you adapt it so that it looks back only 100 bars - that would probably render it workable? Or is there another way of doing it that doesn't require so much CPU time?

Thanks so much

Veda
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Veda
                            There are various solutions to what you want to do and two of them are in this very thread (see here and here). The first link actually is to a prior message of yours that also has a two stochastic alert.
                            Anyhow the attached revision of your efs implements this solution and sets the user defined Lookback to 150 bars. However this means that the efs can no longer be edited with the Formula Wizard
                            Alex
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Alex

Thanks so much. I'm afraid I forgot you had already helped with me that issue before.

Please excuse my aging cortex... Too much staring at computer screens I guess!

Best wishes

Veda

Comment

• Veda
                                If it makes you feel any better I myself did a Search as I remembered having done something of the kind in the past and ended up only a few messages earlier in the thread.
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X